ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Trouble in cheeseland

Hmm the Packers lose A.Edwards to the 'phins and MacKenzie wants to be traded? I guess the appeal of playing for the packers is at an all time low, and not without good reason.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Trouble in cheeseland

I wouldnt want to be a fudge packer

Kleinsasser is offline Rookie

Trouble in cheeseland

I second that notion![chug]
    Latoya Jackson: "Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub...Yay God!"

Trouble in cheeseland

who wants antuan ewards anyway. only thing he was good for was to be moss's poster boy...
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Trouble in cheeseland

Antuan...no loss. Between he and Bwoah Jue, they can both sign elsewhere. I'd rather have a rookie in there making rookie pay than continue to pay those two bucks to play ADD.

Mike McKenzie is a problem, though. He's got a Ricky Williams moodiness about him, and he was infuriated about the Packers defensive playcalling at the Eagle game.

I guess we may have to package him up and move into the top 10 at the draft.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Trouble in cheeseland

That's not good for the Pack if they lose McKenzie.........
    But good for us!

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Trouble in cheeseland

McKenzie is their best corner, if they lost him nobody would be able to stop our passing game. Nevertheless, Antuan Edwards did play alot last year, and with a need already at Safety, what will the pack do? Roman is most likely not the answer, after Sean Taylor their is a big drop off in the draft ( maybe Matt Ware...).

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Trouble in cheeseland

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ItalianStallion

McKenzie is their best corner, if they lost him nobody would be able to stop our passing game. Nevertheless, Antuan Edwards did play alot last year, and with a need already at Safety, what will the pack do? Roman is most likely not the answer, after Sean Taylor their is a big drop off in the draft ( maybe Matt Ware...).
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I agree, but Marques Anderson is being pencilled in at safety. He's actually better than Antuan, in my opinion, but he hit a major sophomore slump last year. I think he's going to be much improved.

Nathanial Hawthorne may be pencilled in at corner if McKenzie goes, but I really think he's going to renegotiate his salary and stick around. He can play with a chip on his shoulder this year and prove himself.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Trouble in cheeseland

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LosAngelis

Antuan...no loss. Between he and Bwoah Jue, they can both sign elsewhere. I'd rather have a rookie in there making rookie pay than continue to pay those two bucks to play ADD. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I agree, I've come to the conclusion Edwards is gonna be one of those guys whose almost good enough to start for the rest of his career. I really like this Sanders kid out of Iowa. He's short--5'8"--but had the best jump at the combine--and he HITS people, puts a little fear into them. He also ran low 4.3s. He should still be around in the second round when we draft.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    Mike McKenzie is a problem, though. He's got a Ricky Williams moodiness about him, and he was infuriated about the Packers defensive playcalling at the Eagle game.

I guess we may have to package him up and move into the top 10 at the draft.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Nah, he's a keeper. He had every reason to be furious with that playcalling, and judging from the fate of that coordinator he's not the only one who was disturbed. I'd always rather have the players who care too much than those who care too little.

Truth is, he *is* a little underpaid, not a monstrous amount, but we did put disincentive clauses in his contract were he to falter. Might have been a good idea at the time, but we can work something out with him I bet. I don't want to be starting any rookie corners next year, and I bet Sherman doesn't either...
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "