Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Trippin’ Tuesday: Spice added to Vikes-Pack rivalry

Personally, this was my favorite quote:

“Damn, that’s their problem,” Williams said. “They’re going through all that as a team, trying to figure out if Favre or (Aaron) Rodgers was the man, while we’ve got the same team we had all offseason. I’m glad they got all that darn press, ‘cause when we go down there it’ll be the kid’s first start and his first damn loss.”
    Phat Pat is getting Pheisty!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I still contend that sometimes (heck most of the time) the comments are better than the articles.
    In this case, the emails.....

“Mike, (expletive) you! No (expletive) you! Farve doesn’t have to prove (expletive) to some (expletive) like you. If the Packers had any class they’d cut him or trade him. Your one dishonest (expletive)! Go (expletive) yourself. I can’t believe they pay you to write this (expletive). Go (expletive) yourself! (Expletive) (Expletive).”
    Quote from: marstc09 on Yesterday at 02:11:04 am

“They had a nice year last year, but they don’t understand that Brett made those guys better than they were,” Williams said. “He has the game all figured out, and you’ve got to factor all that into the equation. Brett Favre would throw the ball when the receivers hadn’t even made their cut yet, and it would be there waiting for them. Those guys had it good.

“People think it’s the system, but it ain’t no gol 'darnit system. Brett Favre just knows where his guys are going to be at all times, and I don’t think Aaron Rodgers has got that yet.”

Boy that is what I have been stressing this whole time!
    You don't think that the reason he know when/were his recievers were gonna be was because he had been in the system that long and new it back and forth?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I still contend that sometimes (heck most of the time) the comments are better than the articles.

“Mike, (expletive) you! No (expletive) you! Farve doesn’t have to prove (expletive) to some (expletive) like you. If the Packers had any class they’d cut him or trade him. Your one dishonest (expletive)! Go (expletive) yourself. I can’t believe they pay you to write this (expletive). Go (expletive) yourself! (Expletive) (Expletive).”

“They had a nice year last year, but they don’t understand that Brett made those guys better than they were,” Williams said. “He has the game all figured out, and you’ve got to factor all that into the equation. Brett Favre would throw the ball when the receivers hadn’t even made their cut yet, and it would be there waiting for them. Those guys had it good.

“People think it’s the system, but it ain’t no gol 'darnit system. Brett Favre just knows where his guys are going to be at all times, and I don’t think Aaron Rodgers has got that yet.”

You don't think that the reason he know when/were his recievers were gonna be was because he had been in the system that long and new it back and forth?
    but the players are different.
    Timings different.
    How Javon Walker ran his routes, is probably different than how Jennings runs his routes.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

but the players are different.
    Timings different.
    How Javon Walker ran his routes, is probably different than how Jennings runs his routes.
    Its still the system and the familiarity (timing) of that system my friend regardless of how they run thier routes.

Say for instance that Walker was supposed to run a 15 yard hook and gets jammed at the line delaying his route, he has a clock in his head that lets him know how long its gonna take for Lord Dickhead to drop back in either a 3, 5, 7 step drop and he breaks it off in the time allowed regardless of the intended depth of 15 yards.

Just like its the responsiblity of the WR to also know that a S is coming off the edge.
    He knows that he can't get to that 15 yard hook in time so he makes an adjustment.
    Again, all taught via the system and practiced so that the WR and QB have the timing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

so you think that regardless of who the recievers are, a qb needs no time to get to know how they'll react to certain situations?
    The credit for green Bay's success goes to Favre, not matter how much you hate him.
    The recievers keep on changing, yet he's a HOF worthy qb.
    Funny how that works.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    so you think that regardless of who the recievers are, a qb needs no time to get to know how they'll react to certain situations? The credit for green Bay's success goes to Favre, not matter how much you hate him.
    Funny how that works.
    Negative my friend.
    You must have missed the inclusion of the word "Timing" in my post.

By the way, how fast have those recievers changed out?
    Without pulling up the old rosters, and if memory serves, he has had several on that team that were there for several years.

The credit for green Bay's success goes to Favre, not matter how much you hate him.
    First, I think I use (might have slipped a time or two) disdain instead of hate.
    We are talking sports and athletes here.
    Hate is such a dirty dirty word.
    ;D

Second, go find me a place once were I said that he wasn't talented or wasn't a key to thier success.
    Again, I might have slipped up a few times but most of my comments on Lord Dickhead have been as a Vikings Fan and a Fan of the NFL.

As a Vikings fan I despise him, as a fan of the game I readilly admit that he is one of the best to ever play the game.

Please please don't try to mix apples and oranges or put words in my mouth.
    You might not only confuse a yutz like me but other people on here as well.
    ;D

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    so you think that regardless of who the recievers are, a qb needs no time to get to know how they'll react to certain situations? The credit for green Bay's success goes to Favre, not matter how much you hate him.
    Funny how that works.
    Negative my friend.

Without pulling up the old rosters, and if memory serves, he has had several on that team that were there for several years.

First, I think I use (might have slipped a time or two) disdain instead of hate.

;D

Second, go find me a place once were I said that he wasn't talented or wasn't a key to thier success.
    Again, I might have slipped up a few times but most of my comments on Lord Dickhead have been as a Vikings Fan and a Fan of the NFL.

As a Vikings fan I despise him, as a fan of the game I readilly admit that he is one of the best to ever play the game.

;D

The reason I thought that, was because the way you described things, the recievers do all the work, but adjusting their routes, so all favre has to do is drop back, wind up and throw, When in fact, favre has to realize that the reciever is changing his route, and adjust his throw accordingly.
    sorry if i misinterpreted you.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Funny how that works.
    Negative my friend.

;D

;D

The reason I thought that, was because the way you described things, the recievers do all the work, but adjusting their routes, so all favre has to do is drop back, wind up and throw, When in fact, favre has to realize that the reciever is changing his route, and adjust his throw accordingly.
    sorry if i misinterpreted you.
    I hear ya.
    It does fall on the QB but the WR's also have to know whats up as well in alot of areas.
    It isn't like the QB sits back there and waits for them to come open. Alot of times the QB will throw before the WR even gets there if things are clicking right.

To do that, the WR's need to know alot of stuff/adjustments especially if thier is a blitz making them the hot read.
    They need to know that if they are in a timed route and can't get to the spot on time cause of being jammed the QB will recognize that and adjust his throw, forcing them to break it off sooner so they are at the new spot etc etc.

Again, all props to Lord Favreeeeee, but he isn't doing it all on his own.
    It is the system and the familiarity (timing) of the system for everyone on it.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Its still [s]the system and[/s] the familiarity (timing) of that system my friend regardless of how they run thier routes.

Say for instance that Walker was supposed to run a 15 yard hook and gets jammed at the line delaying his route, he has a clock in his head that lets him know how long its gonna take for Lord Dickhead to drop back in either a 3, 5, 7 step drop and he breaks it off in the time allowed regardless of the intended depth of 15 yards.

Just like its the responsiblity of the WR to also know that a S is coming off the edge.
    He knows that he can't get to that 15 yard hook in time so he makes an adjustment.
    Again, all taught via the system and practiced so that the WR and QB have the timing.
    I fixed your first sentence. The specific system that the Packers have been using does not matter to this discussion. It can be generalized out of the equation. If Green Bay had been running any other system for the past 14 years, Brett and the receivers would be able to make the adjustments you mentioned. It is a mix of Favre's talent, and his familiarity/longevity with the offensive scheme (not necessarily the scheme itself) that let him do what he did in Green Bay.

"josdin00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Its still [s]the system and[/s] the familiarity (timing) of that system my friend regardless of how they run thier routes.

I fixed your first sentence. The specific system that the Packers have been using does not matter to this discussion. It can be generalized out of the equation. If Green Bay had been running any other system for the past 14 years, Brett and the receivers would be able to make the adjustments you mentioned. It is a mix of Favre's talent, and his familiarity/longevity with the offensive scheme (not necessarily the scheme itself) that let him do what he did in Green Bay.
    You are correct in that statement, however, regardless of what system it is, he is still very familiar with it and knows it like the back of his hand.

Because he is that familiar with the system (again regardless of the system) he can make the necessary adjustments regardless of what happens.

On a side note:
    I was listening to Kirwan on Sirius on the way home tonight.
    He was talking about this very same thing (ironic huh) but related to the 49'rs and how/why Alex is struggling with the system and JTO isn't.

All of it comes back to the fact that one QB has more time in it than the other and (as he described it) he can see the plays in his head as he is calling the play.
    What Lord Favreeeeee could do was see the play, and because of his longevity running that system, the possible adjustments the WR's would do/take based on thier coverages.

He used the dig pattern as a example (like I tried to do with the hook).
    Typicall a WR will run a double stem (I call it the line) against the QB's drop if he doesn't meet any resistance before he makes the break.
    If he does encounter a jam or something along that nature that slows his route to the spot, he shortens that stem (line).

Soooo, WR X is supposed to run a double line, the QB is taking a 5 step drop, the WR makes his break at 10 steps.
    If the WR is jammed for a step he must be aware of the QB's time to drop and break off accordingly.

A QB such as Lord Favreeeeee can see that in his head when he is calling the play.

Anyway, even though I've tried twice it was better the way Kirwan explained it. A discussion like this is probably better served over a beer or two with a white/wipe board.

;D

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast