Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Re: Trippin’ Tuesday: Spice added to Vikes-Pack rivalry

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    “They had a nice year last year, but they don’t understand that Brett made those guys better than they were,” Williams said. “He has the game all figured out, and you’ve got to factor all that into the equation. Brett Favre would throw the ball when the receivers hadn’t even made their cut yet, and it would be there waiting for them. Those guys had it good.

“People think it’s the system, but it ain’t no gol 'darnit system. Brett Favre just knows where his guys are going to be at all times, and I don’t think Aaron Rodgers has got that yet.”
    Boy that is what I have been stressing this whole time!
    Roger made some gol 'darnit nice throws in his pre-season debut.
    The one interception he threw wasn't even his fault.
    He peaked my interest.
    This kid is no blow over like everyone has him pegged.

The good news is we should still be able to expect some rookie mistakes...hopefully for us it will come Monday night when all the pressure is on and Allen is gunning for his spinal cord.
    8)
    Nice throws?
    I watched the first half, he didn't do anything to impress.
    The only nice throw he made was on the deep sideline throw and really, the CB played that like crap and got himself turned around for an easy catch.
    He missed a WIDE open receiver on his other deep throw, got his receivers KILLED at least 3 different times (one of which resulted in the INT and a 2nd one which should've if the Safety didn't have his head up his jiggly butt).
    I think you definitely saw a difference between what Favre knew was open and what AaRod thought was open only to have a S or CB close and destroy a wideout.

He's going to get his guys hurt doing what he did last night.
    The completions he made were nice easy pitch and catch throws over 10 yards or less.
    Most times he stared his receiver down the entire time.
    He looked like a guy making his first start.

I don't think he did bad, but I think he showed he's still green.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    “They had a nice year last year, but they don’t understand that Brett made those guys better than they were,” Williams said. “He has the game all figured out, and you’ve got to factor all that into the equation. Brett Favre would throw the ball when the receivers hadn’t even made their cut yet, and it would be there waiting for them. Those guys had it good.

“People think it’s the system, but it ain’t no gol 'darnit system. Brett Favre just knows where his guys are going to be at all times, and I don’t think Aaron Rodgers has got that yet.”
    He peaked my interest.

The good news is we should still be able to expect some rookie mistakes...hopefully for us it will come Monday night when all the pressure is on and Allen is gunning for his spinal cord.

8)
    I don't think anyone had him pegged as a blow over.
    But in all fairness, he only looked OK in preseason.
    Some throws were nice, some were not.
    And they were playing the Bengals, whose defense was in the bottom 10 last year.

I was happy to see that Rodgers had NO time in the pocket at all.
    And again, this was the Bengals, who had a league low of 22 sacks last year.
    If they can get to the QB on a constant basis, I can't wait to see what JA can do on September 8th.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

He peaked my interest.

8)
    Nice throws?
    The only nice throw he made was on the deep sideline throw and really, the CB played that like crap and got himself turned around for an easy catch.
    He missed a WIDE open receiver on his other deep throw, got his receivers KILLED at least 3 different times (one of which resulted in the INT and a 2nd one which should've if the Safety didn't have his head up his jiggly butt).
    I think you definitely saw a difference between what Favre knew was open and what AaRod thought was open only to have a S or CB close and destroy a wideout.

The completions he made were nice easy pitch and catch throws over 10 yards or less.

You and I were definately watching the same game BleedinPandG.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

He peaked my interest.

8)
    Nice throws?

Or were you both wearing the same purple shades?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Probably if TJ had done that we would have been praising him as the second coming of Obama!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

He peaked my interest.

8)
    Nice throws?

That is what I'm thinking.
    I saw several deadly rocket passes hitting players in the numbers for medium gains.

I will agree though that if he keeps throwing those types of balls that he is going to get his receivers injured.

Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Probably if TJ had done that we would have been praising him as the second coming of Obama!
    Ummmm, TJ did better than Rodgers in the first preseason game.

TJack - 8-11 for 118 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 0 sacks.
    QB rating = 137.69
    Rodgers - 9-15 for 117 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks
    QB rating = 79.03

Tjack looked good, Rodgers looked OK at best.
    I think Rodgers will be fine this year, but he still made more poor throws or bad reads than good ones. However, since it was the first preseason game, I am not putting much stock in either performance.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

He peaked my interest.

8)
    The TD he threw wasn't his own doing either.
    Not to mention, the WR's bailed him out on some throws that were high and away.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Does anyone remember a few years ago, on Sunday Night Football the Vikings were playing at Green Bay, and the pregame thing they did was a montage with "Why Can't We Be Friends?" as the song?
    They had snippets of fans of both teams bashing the opposing team, Hovan was amping up K-Will (it was his rookie year)..
    And K-Will is like, "Apparently, we don't like the Packers much".

It's about time the Vikings start getting more heated against the Pack.
    I miss the Randal days because of that.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

He peaked my interest.

8)
    Nice throws?

No they were correct.
    They were easy pitch and catch throws, and they weren't all that great of throws either.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast