Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Trippin’ Tuesday: Spice added to Vikes-Pack rivalry

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippintuesday081208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

By Michael Silver, Yahoo! Sports

“I’m going to try to crush all of ‘em,” Williams said. “That’s been the focus of my whole summer – the Green Bay Packers.”
    “Playing Green Bay on Monday night to start the season – that’s everything you want,” Allen said. “Hopefully, I can put my helmet square in the back of his spine. If I can do that and knock the ball loose, it’ll be a good day.”

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Trippin’ Tuesday: Spice added to Vikes-Pack rivalry

“They had a nice year last year, but they don’t understand that Brett made those guys better than they were,” Williams said. “He has the game all figured out, and you’ve got to factor all that into the equation. Brett Favre would throw the ball when the receivers hadn’t even made their cut yet, and it would be there waiting for them. Those guys had it good.

“People think it’s the system, but it ain’t no damn system. Brett Favre just knows where his guys are going to be at all times, and I don’t think Aaron Rodgers has got that yet.”
    Boy that is what I have been stressing this whole time!

Krumb is offline Pro-Bowler

Pat Williams is my absolute favorite player , I love the fact he's running his mouth , two vocal leaders that can back it up on the field and will come Monday Night.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

Remember when the French said "The Americans? we are going to crush them" sounds familiar
    I hope it doesn't bite us in jiggly butt as well.

I love this quote though...

“Playing Green Bay on Monday night to start the season – that’s everything you want,” Allen said. “Hopefully, I can put my helmet square in the back of his spine. If I can do that and knock the ball loose, it’ll be a good day.”

"erik5032" wrote:
    Remember when the French said "The Americans? we are going to crush them" sounds familiar
    I hope it doesn't bite us in jiggly butt as well.

I love this quote though...

That's what I want, pure hatred.
    There just hasn't really been enough since John Randle left.
    I want the Vikings players to dream about destroying the Packers.
    Like all the great rivalries, I know the Red Sox get amped when they go to New York, I know Georgia-Florida in the Cocktail party fuels the hatred.
    I'm glad to see Allen and Pat bringin' some of that killer instinct to the Vikings.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

gotta love some of the comments on the bottom

“Michael, thank you for the article! As you see, I’m from the heartland of Packerland and am disgusted that everyone is so blindly following this ‘God’ that was once a great, selfless football player but is now his own ego’s worst enemy. The insane ‘Favre no matter what’ fans are driving myself, and all of my family and friends in Wisconsin, nuts! They need to open their eyes and see how Brett has played the team and fans like a puppet the last 4-5 years, and is now trying to stage his final act. Unfortunately for him, the Packers management has had enough and I am so proud of them for standing up to him and sticking its ground! Wake up Brett! I have loved to watch you play for many years but you do not walk on water. This whole situation is like a bad car accident. You try to look away but just can’t. Please, please let it end soon and let him move on way down in Tampa Bay! Aaron Rodgers has a team that he is concerned about and needs to get ready for the season. Thanks again for the article, you were right on point! I’ve lived it for too many years and am no longer seeing Favre thru rose-colored glasses. Unfortunately the good times are getting clouded now.”

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

God, I love this. I was just telling someone tonight how I am looking forward to this game. Our defense is going to fricking DESTROY the Packers on Monday Night Football. And Madden will be talking Favre the entire time. God, I can't wait !!

PS - the Packers, the only team in the NFL with MALE cheerleaders. Nuff said.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippintuesday081208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

By Michael Silver, Yahoo! Sports

“I’m going to try to crush all of ‘em,” Williams said. “That’s been the focus of my whole summer – the Green Bay Packers.”
    Gotta love that quote.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"marstc09" wrote:
    “They had a nice year last year, but they don’t understand that Brett made those guys better than they were,” Williams said. “He has the game all figured out, and you’ve got to factor all that into the equation. Brett Favre would throw the ball when the receivers hadn’t even made their cut yet, and it would be there waiting for them. Those guys had it good.

“People think it’s the system, but it ain’t no damn system. Brett Favre just knows where his guys are going to be at all times, and I don’t think Aaron Rodgers has got that yet.”
    Boy that is what I have been stressing this whole time!
    Roger made some damn nice throws in his pre-season debut.
    The one interception he threw wasn't even his fault.
    He peaked my interest.
    This kid is no blow over like everyone has him pegged.

The good news is we should still be able to expect some rookie mistakes...hopefully for us it will come Monday night when all the pressure is on and Allen is gunning for his spinal cord.
    8)

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

so did TJ last year.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast