Re: Trio of gunslingers boast credentials to fuel Purple envy

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    Kurt Warner - undrafted

Matt Ryan - drafted #3 overall

Eli Mannning - drafted #1 overall

The Vikings did miss out on their chance to get Warner after he had success in the Arena league. There was no way the Vikings could have drafted Ryan or Manning. I suppose the Vikings could have intentionally lost games so they could get a higher draft pick, but that's not how we roll.

We do need a franchise quarterback for the long haul. Frerotte is a solid veteran, and won't be around forever. The candidates for the long haul include Tarvaris Jackson and John David Booty. I think we should also bring in two other quarterbacks to camp next season.
    im sorry to say. but gus is not a solid veteran. he has been around the league too much to be called solid. i would call him a ok veteran at best.

but i agree we need to bring in atleast 2 quarterbacks to test out
    I'm sorry but 8-3 is solid, just ask anyone. Hopefully T-jack finally has his pooh together and does well, but to say Gus, who we only lost 3 games this season with just ok is crazy.
    TJ was 8-4 last season as a starter, but you say that he has to have his pooh together and do well?
    Measuring with a double standard my friend. Neither of these QB's won us game really, in both of their seasons where they played as starter it was always the defense and running game winning, never the passing game.
    I'm talking this year, TJ wasn't cutting it so he better have his shit together now. And the long ball to Berrian won us the saints game so don't give me any of that "neither of them have won us a game".

"singersp" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    Kurt Warner - undrafted

The Vikings did miss out on their chance to get Warner after he had success in the Arena league. There was no way the Vikings could have drafted Ryan or Manning. I suppose the Vikings could have intentionally lost games so they could get a higher draft pick, but that's not how we roll.

We do need a franchise quarterback for the long haul. Frerotte is a solid veteran, and won't be around forever. The candidates for the long haul include Tarvaris Jackson and John David Booty. I think we should also bring in two other quarterbacks to camp next season.
    im sorry to say. but gus is not a solid veteran. he has been around the league too much to be called solid. i would call him a ok veteran at best.

I'm sorry but 8-3 is solid, just ask anyone. Hopefully T-jack finally has his pooh together and does well, but to say Gus, who we only lost 3 games this season with just ok is crazy.
    8-3? I don't recall Frerotte winning 8 games. He won 7. Jackson won the 8th.
    8-3 as a starter, since yes he started the Detroit game. And you have no idea if we would have won with Gus or not. Quit nit-picking.

On another note, I'm glad TJ is getting another shot. Gus's ints were starting to really hurt us.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    Kurt Warner - undrafted

TJ was 8-4 last season as a starter, but you say that he has to have his shit together and do well?
    Measuring with a double standard my friend. Neither of these QB's won us game really, in both of their seasons where they played as starter it was always the defense and running game winning, never the passing game.
    I see Marrdro's been rubbing off on you....

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    All my rubs are servered for Wildwoman my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    All my rubs are servered for Wildwoman my friend.

;D
    something I didn't need to envision.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"hav0x" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    Kurt Warner - undrafted

TJ was 8-4 last season as a starter, but you say that he has to have his pooh together and do well?
    I'm talking this year, TJ wasn't cutting it so he better have his pooh together now. And the long ball to Berrian won us the saints game so don't give me any of that "neither of them have won us a game".
    We won that game when the defense got called for an debatable pass interference call setting up the FG for Longwell. Also it was one of the few games Gus didn't throw an INT, but was only 19/36 52.7 completion percentage and one TD. I can hardly call that game winning, i call that game managing. Also Winfield returned the blocked FG for a TD which turned the game around.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    [quote author=vikesfargo link=topic=49507.msg878031#msg878031 date=1229104353]
    Kurt Warner - undrafted

I'm talking this year, TJ wasn't cutting it so he better have his pooh together now. And the long ball to Berrian won us the saints game so don't give me any of that "neither of them have won us a game".
    We won that game when the defense got called for an debatable pass interference call setting up the FG for Longwell. Also it was one of the few games Gus didn't throw an INT, but was only 19/36 52.7 completion percentage and one TD. I can hardly call that game winning, i call that game managing. Also Winfield returned the blocked FG for a TD which turned the game around.

[/quote]
    Its still a win... it was a win for dallas when it took them blocking a field goal and taking it back for a touchdown to beat us last year. A great coach once said I'd rather be lucky than good

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"kspurplepride" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    [quote author=SamOchoCinco link=topic=49507.msg878195#msg878195 date=1229119874]
    Kurt Warner - undrafted

[/quote]
    Its still a win... it was a win for dallas when it took them blocking a field goal and taking it back for a touchdown to beat us last year. A great coach once said I'd rather be lucky than good
    [/quote]
    I agree, but hav0x shouldn't give Frerotte credit for that
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "kspurplepride" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    [quote author=hav0x link=topic=49507.msg878357#msg878357 date=1229167758]
    [quote author=SamOchoCinco link=topic=49507.msg878195#msg878195 date=1229119874]
    Kurt Warner - undrafted

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    I agree, but hav0x shouldn't give Frerotte credit for that
    [/quote]]

By that notion Eli shouldn't get credit for all the work that Brandon Jacobs and that defense do for him. The emergence of Jacobs as an elite back this year, has taken all the pressure off of Eli who has still been inconsistant this season.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"hav0x" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:

8-3? I don't recall Frerotte winning 8 games. He won 7. Jackson won the 8th.
    8-3 as a starter, since yes he started the Detroit game. And you have no idea if we would have won with Gus or not. Quit nit-picking.
    LMAO! He left the game when we losing 6-3. What kind of fan credits a QB with a win after he leaves the game on the losing end?

Ah.........................................nevermi nd!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12