Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Trio of gunslingers boast credentials to fuel Purple envy

[size=12pt]Trio of gunslingers boast credentials to fuel Purple envy[/size]

The Vikings can only mutter "what-ifs" about the caliber of quarterbacks they will see in their late-season push.

By JIM SOUHAN, Star Tribune

Last update: December 11, 2008 - 11:17 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Trio of gunslingers boast credentials to fuel Purple envy

must be a slow week for things to write about... this storie's getting beat to death. Same things over again "our quarterbacks are awful, [ insert team name here ] are way better than ours. The fact of the matter is we've played the Saints, Texans, Packers, and Colts. All of which are top 10 passing teams. Heres the facts, we are 3-1 against those teams. We are stuck with Tjack and Gus, get over it

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Souhan is getting a lump of coal in his stocking this year. He is such a Hater.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Kurt Warner - undrafted

Matt Ryan - drafted #3 overall

Eli Mannning - drafted #1 overall

The Vikings did miss out on their chance to get Warner after he had success in the Arena league. There was no way the Vikings could have drafted Ryan or Manning. I suppose the Vikings could have intentionally lost games so they could get a higher draft pick, but that's not how we roll.

We do need a franchise quarterback for the long haul. Frerotte is a solid veteran, and won't be around forever. The candidates for the long haul include Tarvaris Jackson and John David Booty. I think we should also bring in two other quarterbacks to camp next season.

Go Vikings!

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    Kurt Warner - undrafted

The Vikings did miss out on their chance to get Warner after he had success in the Arena league. There was no way the Vikings could have drafted Ryan or Manning. I suppose the Vikings could have intentionally lost games so they could get a higher draft pick, but that's not how we roll.

We do need a franchise quarterback for the long haul. Frerotte is a solid veteran, and won't be around forever. The candidates for the long haul include Tarvaris Jackson and John David Booty. I think we should also bring in two other quarterbacks to camp next season.
    Eli wouldn't have played here, he would have been a bigger baby about playing here than he was about San Diego. This guy is one of the most ungrateful players I have ever seen for his circumstance, and honestly in his career he hasn't played well enough to justify it. He's been inconsistant this year too (although most of y'all will deny that because he's a manning and the giants are 11-2) and has garnered way to much credit for the work that that running game and defense has done for him. I've been very vocal about my dislike for the "first family" of football (Archie had terrible numbers his career TD/INT ratio is in the negatives) neither player has been clutch in the playoffs (don't make me pull out the stats again on Peyton's terrible playoff run the year they won the superbowl). Case and point Eli obviously had a complex enterting the league that he had to play in one of the biggest markets. No way he would have been a Viking, even if he had fallen to us.

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    Kurt Warner - undrafted

im sorry to say. but gus is not a solid veteran. he has been around the league too much to be called solid. i would call him a ok veteran at best.

but i agree we need to bring in atleast 2 quarterbacks to test out

hav0x is offline Pro-Bowler

"SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    Kurt Warner - undrafted

im sorry to say. but gus is not a solid veteran. he has been around the league too much to be called solid. i would call him a ok veteran at best.

I'm sorry but 8-3 is solid, just ask anyone. Hopefully T-jack finally has his shit together and does well, but to say Gus, who we only lost 3 games this season with just ok is crazy.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"hav0x" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    Kurt Warner - undrafted

I'm sorry but 8-3 is solid, just ask anyone. Hopefully T-jack finally has his pooh together and does well, but to say Gus, who we only lost 3 games this season with just ok is crazy.
    TJ was 8-4 last season as a starter, but you say that he has to have his shit together and do well?
    Measuring with a double standard my friend. Neither of these QB's won us game really, in both of their seasons where they played as starter it was always the defense and running game winning, never the passing game.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"hav0x" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    Kurt Warner - undrafted

I'm sorry but 8-3 is solid, just ask anyone. Hopefully T-jack finally has his shit together and does well, but to say Gus, who we only lost 3 games this season with just ok is crazy.
    8-3? I don't recall Frerotte winning 8 games. He won 7. Jackson won the 8th.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Yup, Frerotte gets the no decision and T-Jack gets the W
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast