Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: travis taylor arrested

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mr. Taylor pulled away and was given many verbal warnings," Reinhardt said. "He appeared to be under the influence of alcohol. The officer took the proper steps and Mr. Taylor forcibly put his hands on the officer."
    Stupid move.

I don't think is on the same level as the KRob DWI, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him gone.
    He was barely a slot receiver as it is.
    He still had the best hands of any WR left on this team.
    True, but that's like saying he was the shiniest turd in the toilet.
    Our WR corp sucked this year, and was most likely going to be cleaned out anyway.
    TT just wrote off any chance he had of avoiding the ax.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mr. Taylor pulled away and was given many verbal warnings," Reinhardt said. "He appeared to be under the influence of alcohol. The officer took the proper steps and Mr. Taylor forcibly put his hands on the officer."
    Stupid move.

I don't think is on the same level as the KRob DWI, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him gone.
    He was barely a slot receiver as it is.
    He still had the best hands of any WR left on this team.
    True, but that's like saying he was the shiniest turd in the toilet.
    Our WR corp sucked this year, and was most likely going to be cleaned out anyway.
    TT just wrote off any chance he had of avoiding the ax.
    The problem is, any new receiver we bring in next year, regardless of how well he catches, will be learning Childress' system.

As complicated as it is, so complicated that some of our own players haven't grasped it after playing 1 year under it, will be like starting from ground zero in the WR dept. again.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"grpape" wrote:
    Bull***t it was a misunderstanding. I many friends and family that have been in the force for years. If they take out the tazer and use it on you, you f**ed up! I just can't believe the mentality of these players. They know that f**ing up could cost them their job. It isn't like TT has teams beating down his door. I'm all for having fun, and believe me, I've done much worse than him. However, I have never touched or would ever thouch an officer. If you assault or touch an officer when asked not too, you deserve to get tazed.
    Whatever man....some cops are quick to jump to conclusions....I dunno about Minneapolis but everytime I get stopped here in SIoux Falls my car gets serched...and I'm not a suspicious lookin fellow...pretty normal lookin really..? It pisses me off...they have yet to find anything in my car but I cant get pulled over at night w/o taking a breathalizer (and passing) and getting my car searched....and the last time i refused...so they called in the f***ing dogs and had the mutts sniffing around my car before they let me go...it took like an hour and a half...

Most of the time I get pulled over its because my music is too loud or because I have my g/f's necklace hangin on my rear view mirror which may be stupid on my part but I never get pulled over in Nebraska for that so I dunno why that constitutes searching my car and thinkin im drunk....

I have had some bad experiences with the law...once I got my window punched out by a small business owner cuz me and my friends were hanging out in his parking lot (6 years ago...we were 16) and the cops didnt do sh**...they slapped us with a fine for tresspassing..which I understand, not gonna complain about that i guess...but its a parking lot and the other guy didnt get sh**...didnt even have to pay for my window...and it wasnt worth getting representation cuz it only costed 120something to replace it...

I dont trust cops cuz they treat me like a criminal and I have yet to get charged with something....protect and serve my azz...leave me the f*** alone already!!!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"WVV" wrote:
    You tell who isn't in the playoffs, players get arrested and shot

WOW...Childress has really instilled discipline in his players! lol....I dont understand how Childress is gonna fix anything when he doesnt even talk to his players...

These guys are grown men...they dont need some old bald white dude strutting around like he's their dad...they need a coach...someone who can influence them into buying into his system which they obviously haven't...that was evident yesterday...the team clearly DID NOT CARE..!

Now this happens...is it any surprise...? Now he'll be let loose...I mean, I'm surprised guys aren't acting up to get a ticket outta here on purpose...especially with the way things are with this team right now....I doubt half of these players wanna play for this guy....maybe thats just the media misconstruing things but that how it looks to me...?!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

the arresting officer "deployed" his taser to "bring Mr. Taylor under control,
    I guess that's one way to spark an offensive player.
    :-

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

The thing is...Cops will pull you over on something small too see if you are hiding something else. It's plain and simple. If you don't want to get pulled over, don't break the law! Having your music too loud or something hanging on your mirror, IS AGAINST THE LAW!

My whole post was that if you touch an officer when asked not too or try to resist arrest, you should be tazered. If you did either of the two...you maybe on the ground doing the bacon. I understand your frustration, I too was once young. However, the cops find a lot of shady characters that are breaking the law this way.

"grpape" wrote:
    The thing is...Cops will pull you over on something small too see if you are hiding something else. It's plain and simple. If you don't want to get pulled over, don't break the law! Having your music too loud or something hanging on your mirror, IS AGAINST THE LAW!

My whole post was that if you touch an officer when asked not too or try to resist arrest, you should be tazered. If you did either of the two...you maybe on the ground doing the bacon. I understand your frustration, I too was once young. However, the cops find a lot of shady characters that are breaking the law this way.
    I watched an episode of "Cops" were a female officer was "Tazer Happy". She was bound & determined to tazer an individual even though he was being subdued by multiple officers.

She kept repeating over & over again, "Let me taze him, I wanna taze somebody".

While that's not the norm in most arrests where tazers are used, I often wonder how often the Tazer is mis-used or how quickly officers are to use it.

Is it standard operating procedure in your dept. for all officers who are armed with tazers to be tazed themselves, so they know exactly what they are subjecting individuals to?

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

I have many friends and family that are and have been officers at all levels. I have always asked them the same question. You are correct there are some "power hungry" people out there. However, all of them told me that being tazed hurts way more than being maced or pepper sprayed. Being sprayed lats longer, but the tazer is a whole different beast (short but very painful). A bunch of the guys say that they wouldn't wish this upon anyone. They mostly use it when people are under the influence and are resisting arrest physically. You'd be supprised how strong people on drugs (other than sedatives) are.

bearitall Guest

All I have to say is way to ring in the end of the season with style TTaylor!!
    :
    After the season we have had and with BC reputation for not putting up with shit from the players he does this.
    I hope that he is reprimanded.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I doubt the Vikes were going to keep him anyways... He is as good as gone now... I believe it was Singers who said that he had the best hands of the WR's left on our team, well that ain't saying much..

I am sure the Vikings have bigger and better plans for the WR position, and it most likely won't include Travis Taylor..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast