Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Trash Talkers = Troublemakers?

Trash Talker = Troublemaker ----- No.

If Smoot shut down Smith, we'd be yelling for more trash talking guys who play with more emotion. Now when your toasted like Smoot did Sunday, the trash talking doesn't have much effect and starts working against you. Smoot feeds off of his trash talking more so then it effects his oppenent. If you don't have your confidence, you don't have anything (how many corners can give up 200yds to his opponent and still talk trash...lol). Just who he is, doesn't make him a troublemaker.

On the Smoot getting owned by Smith debate. No doubt he did, however, I've posted before that a good receiver with time will always beat the best of the CB's. Way too much advantage to the receiver, as long as the QB can deliver a good ball. Once again Cottell's D failed to adjust and allowed Carolina's best playmaker to make plays time and time again. Why keep Smoot 1-1 with Smith throughout the whole game when he's getting toasted right and left, do you think he's all of a sudden going to start shutting him down.....Put Brad Johnson and Nate burleson or any other Vikes receiver in Carolina and they would put up the same numbers. No friggin pass rush means playground time for wide receivers.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

guys like TO, RM, steve smith, chas johnson can all talk all they want because they back it up on the field. people like smoot do not and should not be aloud to say anything until they cover someone on the field. and yes we do need more people like fat pat, but those type of people dont come around that often.
    We're bringing purple back.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Man what is everyones deal? The second one of our players has a bad game (more bad coaching imo) we're quick to diss them and trash them. Steve Smith is like no other WR we have faced, I will pay you 234234 dollars if you put champ baily on him in the same situation, and baily shuts him down. Talking trash is fun, there is nothing wrong with it what so ever. The second pepp was doing bad all the sudden all the daunte hater imerge from the shadows....now smoot has a hard time covering Steve Smith who burnt threw not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 detroit defenders to the endzone. Rember when Joe Horn praised smoot and a-win, everyone was like OMG SMOOT IS SOOOOOO GOOD! so stop goin back and forth about the guy, hes a good CB. Plain and Simple. The coaching should have doubled up on Smith, like we did against driver last week. Also when has smoot talked any trash about shutting down defenders this year? WHEN??? there was one time when him and Chad went back in forth in a playfull way becuase they have a friendship beyond the field.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Man what is everyones deal? The second one of our players has a bad game (more bad coaching imo) we're quick to diss them and trash them. Steve Smith is like no other WR we have faced, I will pay you 234234 dollars if you put champ baily on him in the same situation, and baily shuts him down. Talking trash is fun, there is nothing wrong with it what so ever. The second pepp was doing bad all the sudden all the daunte hater imerge from the shadows....now smoot has a hard time covering Steve Smith who burnt threw not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 detroit defenders to the endzone. Rember when Joe Horn praised smoot and a-win, everyone was like OMG SMOOT IS SOOOOOO GOOD! so stop goin back and forth about the guy, hes a good CB. Plain and Simple. The coaching should have doubled up on Smith, like we did against driver last week. Also when has smoot talked any trash about shutting down defenders this year? WHEN??? there was one time when him and Chad went back in forth in a playfull way becuase they have a friendship beyond the field.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not a Smoot hater, I am a hater of trash talk.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I kno I kno, im not pointin anyone out, im just sayin in gernal. I read all these post saying get rid of smoot blah blah blah, and im sick of it.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Oh yeah...well Waste Management and BFI to you too! Now that I am talking trash, does this make me a troublemaker!!! LOL

It's just talk, guys...the only one that is hurt is the guy that can't back it up...so it doesn't really matter one way or another. What matters is when our guys are getting burned...what he says while getting burned is irrelevant...the end result is the same...we lose!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I like the way Mora handled Hall in the battle against TO in the ATL/Phi game earlier this season.

Mora told Hall not to say a word to Owens. Hall OWNED him all night. He was on him like stink on crap. TO talked trash to him all game, and at the end, after biting his tounge and taking it from TO the whole game, he gave TO a tongue whipping.

I would have prefered it much better if Hall would have just walked off the field, even if TO deserved it. Hall's D-line afforded him that luxury of having that performance against TO, by pressuring McNabb.

Trash talking is just bad sportsmanship, and it just promotes egos. I would rather have 11 guys on the field acting as one unit than one guy worrying how he is going to perform against another.

I am done in this thread. I have said all I can say.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"jackyl" wrote:
    Not in all cases. See:

Lotta good that did him yesterday! :razz:

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

His team won.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

What gets me is how he keeps talking after Smith had like a 150 yards. I know that Smoot is good at his craft however so is Smith, and Smith has the advantage of knowing what the play is. There are not many corners that can individually shut down a premier receiver, so what in the world was Cotrell thinking, why wasn't there any half time adjustments?

Our team has mulptiple problems and we are well aware of them, or atleast we think we are, how come the coaching staff is so reluctant to adjust?

This coaching staff are sitting ducks so I won't get into it now, they are DONE after the season or SOONER!

I know that the players have to make plays, however the schemes are either too complex for our atheletes or they are being miscalled, for whatever reason, there will be changes!!

Cheers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast