Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Transition in FULL bloom - Tice holdovers are an endangered species

    [size=13pt]Transition in FULL bloom[/size]

    The two dozen Tice holdovers are an endangered species

    BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

    Article Last Updated: 07/25/2007 12:17:28 AM CDT



    When he took over in January 2006, Brad Childress called the Vikings the "plum" of the eight NFL coaching vacancies.

    But after his first official news conference, Childress alluded to a drastic makeover of a roster of a team that had just finished 9-7.......


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Transition in FULL bloom - Tice holdovers are an endangered species

    Its kind of sad. The general thought was that we had the talent but Tice was too much of a bonehead to make the most of it. I thought we just needed a better coach who could make the most of the already present talent.

    Instead Childress rips my team apart. I will blame him until he gets results.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  3. #3
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Transition in FULL bloom - Tice holdovers are an endangered species

      We will see results early this year of Chilli's decisions. I believe we are heading the right way, and will be much improved over last year. In fact we will challenge for the NFCN title.

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Transition in FULL bloom - Tice holdovers are an endangered species

    "V" wrote:
    Its kind of sad. The general thought was that we had the talent but Tice was too much of a bonehead to make the most of it. I thought we just needed a better coach who could make the most of the already present talent.

    Instead Childress rips my team apart. I will blame him until he gets results.
    Talent alone doesn't win games.
    Obviously, since Tice only managed to hit .500.

    The problem with the talent that we had on the Vikings when Childress took over is that they did not form a cohesive team.
    Individually they were good, but together they were not.
    Childress is focused on making a team.
    Yes, it means losing some of the players who no longer fit.
    But it also means retaining others, while picking up new talent through draft and FA.

    I have faith in Coach Childress.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Transition in FULL bloom - Tice holdovers are an endangered species

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Its kind of sad. The general thought was that we had the talent but Tice was too much of a bonehead to make the most of it. I thought we just needed a better coach who could make the most of the already present talent.

    Instead Childress rips my team apart. I will blame him until he gets results.
    Talent alone doesn't win games.
    Obviously, since Tice only managed to hit .500.

    The problem with the talent that we had on the Vikings when Childress took over is that they did not form a cohesive team.
    Individually they were good, but together they were not.
    Childress is focused on making a team.
    Yes, it means losing some of the players who no longer fit.
    But it also means retaining others, while picking up new talent through draft and FA.

    I have faith in Coach Childress.
    I don't have much faith in Coach Childress.
    But, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    I am not going to turn in to a Childress basher.
    I just think he needs to prove to the fans that he is capable of coaching at this level.
    Many have said on this site that he should not be judged after only one season, and that it might take up to three seasons before we can make a educated decision on his ability.
    I admit that Zeus and others are right.
    One season is not enough to prove yourself as an NFL coach.
    Maybe this year he will prove to the Viking faithful that he is capable of coaching at this level.
    For the sake of Vikings fans everywhere, I hope he does.

  6. #6
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Transition in FULL bloom - Tice holdovers are an endangered species

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Its kind of sad. The general thought was that we had the talent but Tice was too much of a bonehead to make the most of it. I thought we just needed a better coach who could make the most of the already present talent.

    Instead Childress rips my team apart. I will blame him until he gets results.
    Talent alone doesn't win games.
    Obviously, since Tice only managed to hit .500.

    The problem with the talent that we had on the Vikings when Childress took over is that they did not form a cohesive team.
    Individually they were good, but together they were not.
    Childress is focused on making a team.
    Yes, it means losing some of the players who no longer fit.
    But it also means retaining others, while picking up new talent through draft and FA.

    I have faith in Coach Childress.
    I agree, but admit it, a couple of your favorite players have left town.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #7
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,879

    Re: Transition in FULL bloom - Tice holdovers are an endangered species

    "V" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Its kind of sad. The general thought was that we had the talent but Tice was too much of a bonehead to make the most of it. I thought we just needed a better coach who could make the most of the already present talent.

    Instead Childress rips my team apart. I will blame him until he gets results.
    Talent alone doesn't win games.
    Obviously, since Tice only managed to hit .500.

    The problem with the talent that we had on the Vikings when Childress took over is that they did not form a cohesive team.
    Individually they were good, but together they were not.
    Childress is focused on making a team.
    Yes, it means losing some of the players who no longer fit.
    But it also means retaining others, while picking up new talent through draft and FA.

    I have faith in Coach Childress.
    I agree, but admit it, a couple of your favorite players have left town.
    Makes you wonder why Childress called the vikings the "plum" of the eight vacancies if his plan was to revamp the roster.
    Probably noted after coming on board that the plum was a bit prunish and wasn't what he thought he was getting.
    There was the whole Daunte thing as well that no doubt factored into his plum rating.

  8. #8
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Transition in FULL bloom - Tice holdovers are an endangered species

    "V" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Its kind of sad. The general thought was that we had the talent but Tice was too much of a bonehead to make the most of it. I thought we just needed a better coach who could make the most of the already present talent.

    Instead Childress rips my team apart. I will blame him until he gets results.
    Talent alone doesn't win games.
    Obviously, since Tice only managed to hit .500.

    The problem with the talent that we had on the Vikings when Childress took over is that they did not form a cohesive team.
    Individually they were good, but together they were not.
    Childress is focused on making a team.
    Yes, it means losing some of the players who no longer fit.
    But it also means retaining others, while picking up new talent through draft and FA.

    I have faith in Coach Childress.
    I agree, but admit it, a couple of your favorite players have left town.
    I can admit that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Transition in FULL bloom - Tice holdovers are an endangered species

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Its kind of sad. The general thought was that we had the talent but Tice was too much of a bonehead to make the most of it. I thought we just needed a better coach who could make the most of the already present talent.

    Instead Childress rips my team apart. I will blame him until he gets results.
    Talent alone doesn't win games.
    Obviously, since Tice only managed to hit .500.

    The problem with the talent that we had on the Vikings when Childress took over is that they did not form a cohesive team.
    Individually they were good, but together they were not.
    Childress is focused on making a team.
    Yes, it means losing some of the players who no longer fit.
    But it also means retaining others, while picking up new talent through draft and FA.

    I have faith in Coach Childress.
    I agree, but admit it, a couple of your favorite players have left town.
    I can admit that.
    I'll admit it as well, however, if the team is better for it then I am glad they are gone.
    I liken this to the first year or so of when Denny took over as HC.
    Bye Joey, bye Kirk, etc etc.

    It all worked out for the best, however, we didn't win the big one.

    Playoff appearances - 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000,

    Again, if it breaks up the mediocre team concept we have had lately then I say "Out with the old.
    In with the new" for the betterment of the team and a Superbowl win.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Transition in FULL bloom - Tice holdovers are an endangered species

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Its kind of sad. The general thought was that we had the talent but Tice was too much of a bonehead to make the most of it. I thought we just needed a better coach who could make the most of the already present talent.

    Instead Childress rips my team apart. I will blame him until he gets results.
    Talent alone doesn't win games.
    Obviously, since Tice only managed to hit .500.

    The problem with the talent that we had on the Vikings when Childress took over is that they did not form a cohesive team.
    Individually they were good, but together they were not.
    Childress is focused on making a team.
    Yes, it means losing some of the players who no longer fit.
    But it also means retaining others, while picking up new talent through draft and FA.

    I have faith in Coach Childress.
    I agree, but admit it, a couple of your favorite players have left town.
    I can admit that.
    I'll admit it as well, however, if the team is better for it then I am glad they are gone.
    I liken this to the first year or so of when Denny took over as HC.
    Bye Joey, bye Kirk, etc etc.

    It all worked out for the best, however, we didn't win the big one.

    Playoff appearances - 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000,

    Again, if it breaks up the mediocre team concept we have had lately then I say "Out with the old.
    In with the new" for the betterment of the team and a Superbowl win.
    I totally agree. The only problem is, we aren't better yet.

    The key word there is "yet."
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Whopping Fish Declared New Species
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 07:53 AM
  2. Harold Bloom
    By cogitans in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 05:00 PM
  3. But do they bloom?
    By singersp in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 11:42 AM
  4. New mouse species discovered on Cyprus!
    By cajunvike in forum Hall of Famers Speak
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-01-2006, 08:40 PM
  5. New, Delicious Species Discovered
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 06:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •