Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Training Camp Articles

[quote="Marrdro" #1105071]
    I wonder if Joe isn't going to "Run" himself out of a job as a QB.
    You clever bastard
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105071
    Position battles: Eleven receivers are fighting for five spots, but every day at least two fringe players make impressive plays. Thursday, Emmanuel Arceneaux made a nifty, off-balance sideline catch and Andre Holmes went high for a jump pass in the corner of the end zone. Jaymar Johnson has been a regular contributor to the highlights, while Devin Aromashodu and Juaquin Iglesias have made their share of plays.
    McNabb: Wasn't his most accurate day, coming up well short on a jump ball that Cedric Griffin intercepted and bouncing one off Dean's chest that should have been picked off. Still showed a veteran's touch on several plays, including a go route to Bernard Berrian.

Webb: Has a tendency to overthrow high, but made his share of athletic plays on the run and accurate completions in tight seams. Ran a play-action pass that confused the entire defense, but it fell incomplete.

Christian Ponder: Improved his play from the past two days. Nothing ground-breaking, just a few quality throws and no ghastly mistakes. Threw a beauty to Holmes in the corner of the end zone. One of his biggest strengths is touch on deep balls and lob passes.

Vikings replay: Thursday highlights

Two comments.......

Sure seems like the WR position is a hard one to predict.

I wonder if Joe isn't going to "Run" himself out of a job as a QB. Gonna be interesting to see if he throws a bit more than he runs this weekend. An indicator that he might be slipping could be how many reps he and Bomar get.
    Interesting comment on Ponder's touch on the deep throws.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "tastywaves" #1105090
    Interesting comment on Ponder's touch on the deep throws.
    Read one the other day (should have posted it) that actually had one of our recievers say something about him "Zipping" one in as well.

Both comments kindof deviate from what most believe about his arm.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

The Vikings secondary was the standout group in practice, with S Tyrell Johnson collecting on INT in 7-on-7 drills and CBs Marcus Sherels and Antoine Winfield grabbing INTs during full team periods of practice. Johnson showed great range on his INT, coming from the deep right side of the field to the middle. Sherels also had a tremendous pass break up (PBU) during 1-on-1 drills in the period right after his INT.
    – On the first play of the first period of full team work for the first-team defense, LB Erin Henderson intercepted a pass and returned it to the endzone. That marks the second consecutive day Henderson has grabbed an INT in practice.
    Notes From Tuesday’s Practice, Coordinator Press Conferences
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"I think it's been very well done," linebacker Chad Greenway said of this year's camp. "Guys came in ready to work, kept their mouths shut and just started playing."
    Under Leslie Frazier, Vikings training camp is light on drama, intrigue

I like what I'm hearing about the way Coach Frazier has approached this abbreviated camp. Sure wish there could have been a bit more hitting by this time. Judging by the other article I posted, things are just now starting to get heated......

On a side note, when was the last time I mentioned how much I like Tom Powers.....
    Off to the side, several media types watched the workout while sitting in the grass beneath a tall tree. This would have caused great commotion last year, as Childress would have sent a SWAT team to remove them from the facility. Under his rule, all reporters had to stand erect on the sideline - no kneeling, no sitting, no leaning, no squatting, no touching.
    Guess we know what it takes to get a favorable article out of him. Allow his fat a$$ to sit down while working and he is happy. LOL what a yutz.

[quote="12purplepride28" #1105073]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105071
    I wonder if Joe isn't going to "Run" himself out of a job as a QB.
    You clever bastard
    I'm nothing of the sort. Not very clever, nor am I a bastard.

Just seemed that when I posted that, Joe was doing alot of running instead of throwing which was kindof disappointing for me. Most like to watch him run, I think he throws what heck of a good ball at times and wanted to see him work on it when he is being pressured a bit more in game situations.

Was a bit happier with his pocket pressence last week.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345