Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Training Camp Articles

http://blog.vikings.com/

Jared Allen, Michael Jenkins And Adrian Peterson Shine At Practice #8

The afternoon practice on Friday was a full pads, full contact affair and the intensity continued to rise. Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier is guiding a smooth ship so far during his first training camp as a head coach. The intensity has steadily risen each day, crowds continue to get larger and there’s not an assistant coach I’ve spoken to who hasn’t said that his guys have improved each day.
    The players that really stood out to me on Friday were DE Jared Allen, WR Michael Jenkins and RB Adrian Peterson. I’ll say a little bit about each of the three players…

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Quotes---Fred-Pagac---August-5/0253d959-e24d-4eb2-b682-6a84ca64db7b

Vikings Defensive Coordinator Fred Pagac
    Just finished up with a walk-through practice. Got a lot of technique, fundamentals and adjustments done at this point. Very happy with the way everybody has reported to camp this year. We’ve got some great leadership on our team, Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Antoine Winfield, E.J. Henderson, Chad Greenway. We’ve got some good veteran leadership and we’re really happy with where everybody is at right now. This afternoon, we’ll come out and have a padded practice. Hopefully we’ll have some spirit, we’ll have some emotion and we’ll play some techniques and fundamentals and have some fun this afternoon.....

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Im excited to have Pajac and Singletary. I think they will add some intensity.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103442
    http://blog.vikings.com/

Jared Allen, Michael Jenkins And Adrian Peterson Shine At Practice #8

The afternoon practice on Friday was a full pads, full contact affair and the intensity continued to rise. Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier is guiding a smooth ship so far during his first training camp as a head coach. The intensity has steadily risen each day, crowds continue to get larger and there’s not an assistant coach I’ve spoken to who hasn’t said that his guys have improved each day.
    The players that really stood out to me on Friday were DE Jared Allen, WR Michael Jenkins and RB Adrian Peterson. I’ll say a little bit about each of the three players…
    Thanks for the read my friend. For the life of me I can't figure out why this stuff isn't what everyone is talking about instead of things like giving Moss another chance......LOL.

Anyways,.....

Allen is having a tremendous training camp, but so is fellow DE Everson Griffen. He was a fourth-round pick in the 2010 draft and played just occasionally last year. This year, though, I think he’ll be a guy who plays at least 10-15 defensive snaps per game.
    JA and Griff looking good from almost everything I've read/watched/heard. This is good news, especially on the Everson front. As much as I like Rob, I just don't see him standing up to the run this year.

Truth of the matter is, I think starting him at LDE will really hurt us in two ways, 1) it will make us weaker against the run, and 2) he won't have fresh legs when it comes to passing downs.

On a side note, Dandre Reed sure seems to be opening alot of eyes. Maybe he can give JA some reps off with little drop off in production.

As I said to someone a week or so ago, maybe they are looking at him to eventually replace JA when his contract comes up. If he keeps up what he has been doing then maybe we have the right guy getting ready.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103443
    http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Quotes---Fred-Pagac---August-5/0253d959-e24d-4eb2-b682-6a84ca64db7b

Vikings Defensive Coordinator Fred Pagac
    Just finished up with a walk-through practice. Got a lot of technique, fundamentals and adjustments done at this point. Very happy with the way everybody has reported to camp this year. We’ve got some great leadership on our team, Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Antoine Winfield, E.J. Henderson, Chad Greenway. We’ve got some good veteran leadership and we’re really happy with where everybody is at right now. This afternoon, we’ll come out and have a padded practice. Hopefully we’ll have some spirit, we’ll have some emotion and we’ll play some techniques and fundamentals and have some fun this afternoon.....
    Thanks for the read my friend. Sounds like Griff (Cedric) can go right now if the staff would let him. Glad they are working him back slow.

Also, sounds like they are happy with Husain and Johnson as starters with Sanford adding depth. I can see that, especially if the front 4 do their jobs.

Q: How much competition is there for the weak-side linebacker spot. Do you foresee that being an open competition in training camp?

A: Again, it’s an open competition. Jasper (Brinkley) is working at that spot. We have very flexible linebackers. Our young men are smart kids. They play a lot of positions. Jasper, Erin (Henderson), Kenny Onatolu, before he got hurt, was a possibility at that spot. We’ve got Mark Washington that we brought in, Ross Homan who we drafted. There are some people we are looking at for those positions and we’ll continue to roll them through until we find out what our best combination is.
    Were is Farewell in that mix. :lol:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1103475
    Im excited to have Pajac and Singletary. I think they will add some intensity.
    I read an article today that said he (Singletary) is only running interferance for Leslie and isn't doing that much with the linebackers. Kindof rings true to what they (Leslie and Singletary) both said at the start of the offseason.

I am excited to see what coach Pagac brings to the table this weekend. If its anything like we saw at the end of the year and what the defense has been doing in camp (sounds like they are really ahead of the offense) then we are going to have a fun defense to watch this year.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103946
    I'm not sure anybody has ever confused Farwell with a player who plays defense...

Based off his time in Atlanta and the couple days of camp I witnessed, there are a few themes that emerge from Musgrave’s offense: Running backs catching the ball out of the backfield and the use of the tight end.
    Two Days In Mankato: Thoughts From Vikings Training Camp

I know this one isn't done by a "Reputable Source" and probably falls into the catagory of "Bleacher Report" by a couple of cats on here, but I do like how he used camp tape to make his points.

On a side note......

Fool Me Once…

Leslie Frazier is determined not to make the same mistake as his predecessor. There were moments last season when the Vikings wide receiving corps looked more like the Keystone Kops than a professional group of pass catchers.

Come September 3 — when NFL rosters must be trimmed to 53-players — the Vikings will be forced to part with one or two talented wideouts.

I spoke with Vice President of Player Personnel Rick Spielman about his new receiving corps this year and he named a few players that have really stood out during training camp. More on that in a future post. (How’s that for a teaser to get you to come back and read the site later this week?)
    A very nice tease. Can't wait to see what he has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103949
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103946
    I'm not sure anybody has ever confused Farwell with a player who plays defense...
    Same can be said about the offense and Musgrove I presume.

Rookie tight end Kyle Rudolph got plenty of work Tuesday with Visanthe Shiancoe (hamstring) out, but that led to some rough moments for the second-round pick. One came during a goal-line drill when a sharp pass from Joe Webb went off Rudolph's chest and dropped to the ground. That drew plenty of moans and groans from Rudolph's teammates and the fans watching. Rudolph said the ball was tipped by a defender. "I wouldn't let the ball just hit me in the chest," Rudolph said. "I'd like to say I'm more coordinated than that
    Vikings day at camp: Tuesday

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast