Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Training Camp Articles

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103281
    I am looking at taking my youth football team to the evening practice on Saturday if there are enough around to go.
    I just moved up up onto a spreadsheet only reserved for those that serve.....

Props to you for not only taking time to coach a youth league, but also props for doing this for them.

Not enough of cats like you to go around.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

With NFL officials in camp Thursday, there were four times when the whistle blew a play dead, which signals a sack. Allen was getting around Johnson consistently and, at one point, was already in quarterback Donovan McNabb's face as Johnson was just rising out of his stance.
    Speaking about McKinnie's release for the first time, McNabb said: "Well, as a quarterback you don't want to hear about anything like that. Big Mac was a guy who had a lot of success here. He's one of the best tackles in the game and a friend of mine. His mom is very close to my mom, and I was looking forward to playing with him here.
    Johnson's debut won't be among career highlights

I for one, loved that the NFLN channel had about 2 hours of the Vikings camp coverage. Although it wasn't as detailed as I would have liked, it was interesting to watch some of the stuff especially when Dnabb came out and eventually started taking snaps.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103096
    No quote, but I've been hearing excellent things about Jaymar Johnson. Judd Zulgad was saying other than Harvin he's easily the best receiver in camp so far (although Berrian and Jenkins can't practice yet).

Booker, Johnson, Harvin and someone else have been practicing Punt returns. Harvin will start at KR, but it will be a game-to-game basis, depending on how much he is used on offense.

Gerhart seems more comfortable/confident this season than last.

Sanford and Tyrell Johnson have been taking first team snaps at Safety, but Abdullah can't practice until today

Arceneaux has made some nice catches, Rookie Stephen Burton has looked bad, lots of drops and seems off-balance

Erin has been starting at Will, with Farwell backing him up.
    Good stuff my friend.

McNabb starts practice in Mankato

50 yard connection for TD with Berrian as the first pass was something that should make all you "Deep" guys happy.

Item: Minnesota Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said he doesn't consider right tackle Phil Loadholt a possible replacement at left tackle.
    Comment: That makes sense. Shifting Loadholt would put another position in flux. As it stands, the Vikings are also using Chris DeGeare at right guard while Anthony Herrera continues his recovery from knee surgery. The only way Loadholt should be a possibility is if current starter Charlie Johnson proves he can't handle the job.
    Quick hits: Thursday camp nuggets

Mostly nuggets from the other North teams. This one was the only one of significance for the Vikes.

Jaymar Johnson: Second-year receiver continues to draw attention with speed and playmaking. Rebounding nicely after suffering a season-ending thumb injury in the Vikings' exhibition opener last year.

Chris Cook: Second-year cornerback getting involved, breaking up passes and playing physical - decking tight end Visanthe Shiancoe coming across the middle - as he tries to reboot his career after a pair of knee injuries scuttled his rookie season.
    Vikings camp: Day 4 highlights

Odds and Ends
    – RB Adrian Peterson did not participate in practice but is expected back tomorrow.
    – S Jamarca Sanford, competing for a starting position, intercepted a pass during the first team period of practice. The pass was thrown by McNabb and TE Visanthe Shiancoe was the intended target, but Sanford jumped the route and made a nice play.
    – McNabb looked sharp, especially considering it was his first practice with the team. He completed his first three passes of the day before the Sanford INT and then he began 7-on-7 drills going four of four.
    – Frazier said after practice that rookie QB Christian Ponder and Joe Webb are rotating in and out of the second string QB role.
    – Rookie TE Kyle Rudolph had the catch of the day – and maybe the catch of training camp – when he was able to collect a one-handed grab while running down the right seam in a full team portion of camp. But he wasn’t done there. When practice concluded, Rudolph and Visanthe Shiancoe stayed several minutes after to work with TEs coach Jimmie Johnson and then on their way to the locker room Rudolph and Shiancoe took a few minutes to stop and sign autographs for fans.
    The Eye Test
    Our new feature this year – the eye test – has gotten pretty good reviews actually, so I’m going to keep it going. Passing the eye test from today’s practices were: RB Lorenzo Booker, WRs Percy Harvin and Michael Jenkins and S Jamarca Sanford.

For those of you keeping score at home, the only player to pass the eye test in all four full practices is Harvin. LB Chad Greenway has been mentioned after three practice and CB Cedric Griffin, DE D’Aundre Reed and Sanford have passed it twice. It should also be noted that Jenkins passed the eye test in his first opportunity and I probably should’ve included McNabb, but we have high expectations of him and I know he’ll be a regular mention in this part of the notes down the line.
    First Full Pads Practice Was Worth The Wait

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Jaymar Johnson was set to have a breakout year last year before he hurt his thumb, and I believe he will be a big plus for us this year. We aren't as bad off as we thought at the CB position either. With Cook being healthy I know we have some young talent to back up Ced, and Winny. Healthy players make all the difference as we found out last year, and provided we stay healthy at WR and CB, these positions will have a solid year.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103306
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103281
    I am looking at taking my youth football team to the evening practice on Saturday if there are enough around to go.
    I just moved up up onto a spreadsheet only reserved for those that serve.....

Props to you for not only taking time to coach a youth league, but also props for doing this for them.

Not enough of cats like you to go around.
    no doubt..major props to you. Those kids will never forget you, or what they saw..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast