Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Training Camp Articles

Enough of the damn Moss and Noodle discussions. I want to talk about the team, not slobber on some knob of a player who isn't even here anymore. :P

With that said......Here are some articles I found this morning or have read over that last couple of days. (yes Caine/Bleed some are blogs and probably don't meet with your high values of credibility but I don't care. :P )

The quarterback depth chart seems to be falling into place. Ponder appears to be out-performing Webb. Webb seems to be out-performing Bomar. McNabb will be the week one starter. Webb is still running with the first team, but that seems more like a formality than anything. No surprises at the quarterback position… for the first time in about 6,546 months (give or take).
    Early Impressions From Vikings Training Camp

I've seen that quote in 4 other reports.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Training Camp Articles

The fullback competition seems to be between Ryan D’Imperio or not having a fullback at all. D’Imperio, who landed on the practice squad last season, is making a good impression at camp, but Bill Musgrave did go out of his way to make the comment that his offense does not necessarily need a fullback on the roster
    Brandon Fusco has been in on two botched snaps with quarterback Rhett Bomar, so as of right now it looks like he may be staying put as the third string center.
    Chris DeGeare has been playing at right guard in the place of the injured Anthony Herrera, but is supposedly struggling quite a bit, and at one point was dominated by rookie defensive tackle Christian Ballard.
    Training Camp So Far

Hmmmmmm, doesn't need a FB ehhhhh. Who is the yutz who has been saying that?

Other two seem to be consistent observations in other articles/blogs as well. Lets hope its just new scheme jitters.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Making progress
    The Vikings planned to hold Cedric Griffin out of 7-on-7 and team drills at the start of camp while he recovered from his second torn anterior cruciate ligament in two years. But that didn't last long: Griffin got reps with the first team at right cornerback. Griffin tore his right ACL in October against the New York Jets, after tearing his left ACL in the NFC Championship Game during the 2009 season.
    Quote of the day
    "Get up on my mustache."

Fiery defensive coordinator Fred Pagac evidently giving instructions about the type of aggressive nature he expects during the afternoon walk-through.
    Vikings day at camp: Wednesday

I'm gonna like this new defense.

There is a new sheriff in town, and you will do what's expected, or you will be gone. One of the things that lead to Mike Tice's downfall was the preferential treatment he gave star players, and that culminated in the Love Boat. One of the things that was Brad Childress' downfall was allowing Brett Favre to essentially call the shots, and when Childress abdicated his authority to the player, once the team started off slow, his dismissal was a matter of time.

Leslie Frazier will eventually leave as the Minnesota Vikings coach, but it will not be because he let the inmates run the asylum.
    Ryan Cook has apparently re-signed. Just a couple of days ago, we all assumed...and of course, when I say 'we', I mean 'me'...Cook was probably done in Minnesota. My, how the worm has turned. Cook is still an adequate sub, but not a long term answer as a starter. I will give him his props at center though--I thought he played pretty well there when he was forced into action asfter John Sullivan's injury and Jon Cooper's craptasticness. Looking through ZUlgad's and Pelissero's tweets, guys were shuffling in and out of the line, so I think it's safe to say that we can use the adjective 'unsettled' when discussing that group.

I hope they are correct with respect to Leslie and the firing of Big Mac as an indicator that he is in charge.

Now all we need is for a few players to take charge in the locker room.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

No quote, but I've been hearing excellent things about Jaymar Johnson. Judd Zulgad was saying other than Harvin he's easily the best receiver in camp so far (although Berrian and Jenkins can't practice yet).

Booker, Johnson, Harvin and someone else have been practicing Punt returns. Harvin will start at KR, but it will be a game-to-game basis, depending on how much he is used on offense.

Gerhart seems more comfortable/confident this season than last.

Sanford and Tyrell Johnson have been taking first team snaps at Safety, but Abdullah can't practice until today

Arceneaux has made some nice catches, Rookie Stephen Burton has looked bad, lots of drops and seems off-balance

Erin has been starting at Will, with Farwell backing him up.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Way to keep it on track, Marrdro! I was actually about to make the same thread myself. :laugh:

Loved watching the training camp video, although it was too short, it got me excited for the season! I wish they could post more of that. I hope they do a "Hard Knocks" on the Vikings soon.

JNev is offline Waterboy

You guys can get the most up to date media about the Vikings from top bloggers, top beat writers, and reactions form players on The Sports Current. Find all your Vikings tweets and news in one place! Perfect to follow on gameday or whenever.

http://thesportscurrent.com/The_Sports_Current/Minnesota_Vikings.html

Also we have a AD jersey giveaway on our facebook page for the person who recruits the most people
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

[quote="Marrdro" #1103090]

Quote of the day
    "Get up on my mustache."

Hopefully he didn't accidentally walk in on the cheerleaders practice.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103087
    Enough of the damn Moss and Noodle discussions. I want to talk about the team, not slobber on some knob of a player who isn't even here anymore. :P

With that said......Here are some articles I found this morning or have read over that last couple of days. (yes Caine/Bleed some are blogs and probably don't meet with your high values of credibility but I don't care. :P )

The quarterback depth chart seems to be falling into place. Ponder appears to be out-performing Webb. Webb seems to be out-performing Bomar. McNabb will be the week one starter. Webb is still running with the first team, but that seems more like a formality than anything. No surprises at the quarterback position… for the first time in about 6,546 months (give or take).
    Early Impressions From Vikings Training Camp

I've seen that quote in 4 other reports.
    I drove by practice today and they looked real good from the road.

I am looking at taking my youth football team to the evening practice on Saturday if there are enough around to go.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast