Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Training Camp

  1. #1
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,607

    Training Camp

    Alright... so the draft is over... nothing else to really look forward to until training camp starts... does anyone go to Mankato to watch them? I used to live down there for a year and my apartment was like 2 blocks away from the field they practiced on. I met Tyrone Carter at Burger King... but I never went to any of the practices.

  2. #2
    bigdogbovy's Avatar
    bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    532

    Training Camp

    I like the vikes, but please
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

  3. #3
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,607

    Training Camp

    please what? People spend money to go to the draft party... why wouldn't they go to training camp... where they have the chance to see the players in action... and in a lot of cases to meet them

  4. #4
    Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    362

    Training Camp

    Exactly, there is nothing wrong with being involved in off season activities. My wife, kids and I got home yesterday after spending the weekend in the Cities (Twin Cities for non-locals). We drove 4hrs to attend the draft party (last 3yrs now), we are also season ticket holders. Now Mankato is a little further, to bad it isn't still in Bemidji, like it was YEARS AGO. 15 min drive then.


    sig courtesy of PPE

  5. #5
    jmiller1 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    83

    Training Camp

    I GO

  6. #6
    Big Daddy's Avatar
    Big Daddy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    275

    Training Camp

    "Hawgski" wrote:
    Exactly, there is nothing wrong with being involved in off season activities. My wife, kids and I got home yesterday after spending the weekend in the Cities (Twin Cities for non-locals). We drove 4hrs to attend the draft party (last 3yrs now), we are also season ticket holders. Now Mankato is a little further, to bad it isn't still in Bemidji, like it was YEARS AGO. 15 min drive then.
    Must be nice to live in the Cities, I wish I did. I have to drive 5 hours to see them play, and others would have to drive a lot farther than that.

    My family and I go camping and to the training camp each year, I think it is a great way to get in some football and to see the players up close. And every now and then you even get some autographs and photos.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

  7. #7
    LosAngelis's Avatar
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,735

    Training Camp

    Not sure what planet you're on big pup, but going to training camp is huge.

    For one, watching the practices are free, so a lot of people who can't afford to go to games get to see their heroes.

    For most everyone else, its like going to watch spring training...a time to relax, enjoy the team, eat some brats, and support your team.

    I worked for the Bears training camp in their glory days, and can tell you that there were tons of people who loved to watch them...they drove all the way from Chicago to Platteville, WI.

    I try to make one practice a year. It's just fun to see the draftees and the vets up close.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

    Welcome to the NFC North.

  8. #8
    Big Daddy's Avatar
    Big Daddy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    275

    Training Camp

    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    Not sure what planet you're on big pup, but going to training camp is huge.

    For one, watching the practices are free, so a lot of people who can't afford to go to games get to see their heroes.

    For most everyone else, its like going to watch spring training...a time to relax, enjoy the team, eat some brats, and support your team.

    I worked for the Bears training camp in their glory days, and can tell you that there were tons of people who loved to watch them...they drove all the way from Chicago to Platteville, WI.

    I try to make one practice a year. It's just fun to see the draftees and the vets up close.
    Los I don't think you under stood me or dodn't read my post. I totally agree with you I love training camp, thats why I go every year! It is a great time and I look forward to it each year.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

  9. #9
    LosAngelis's Avatar
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,735

    Training Camp

    "Big Daddy" wrote:
    Los I don't think you under stood me or dodn't read my post. I totally agree with you I love training camp, thats why I go every year! It is a great time and I look forward to it each year.
    Actually, that was meant for "bigdog", not "bigdaddy". Sorry! I know you were on the up and up, Big Daddy...
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

    Welcome to the NFC North.

  10. #10
    Big Daddy's Avatar
    Big Daddy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    275

    Training Camp

    That's ok my mistake too Los! ops: You know your all right for a packer fan.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Were you at Training Camp 7/30?
    By Potus2028 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 09:36 PM
  2. Training camp cam
    By RK. in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 07:28 PM
  3. Training camp...
    By Navycoach in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-22-2006, 12:21 PM
  4. Training Camp
    By vks wld in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 09:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •