Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: Trading Peterson Best Move for Vikings' Long-Term

Somebody start fighting or saying inappropriate things. This thread needs to be shut down and deleted. The title is depressing me.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

DublinOhioMike is offline Waterboy

^^^^^^^^
    +1

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105965
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1105964
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105958
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105956
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1105953

As to Edwards - how much of his success is due to the constant double-teams on Jared and KWill? I would suggest lots.

=Z=
    I wouldn't.

I don't see nearly as much double-teaming on K-Will & JA as people claim. They try to make it sound as if Edwards doesn't get blocked at all & has a free shot at the QB.

I have also never heard anyone say Robison's success is due to the constant double-teams on JA or K-Will.

Why do you suppose that is?

If Robison gets several sacks this year. will you say most of his success is due to the constant double-teams on JA and K-Will?
    I think they are wasting Rob by making him the starter.

He is at his best when his legs are fresh and the OL is tired and the down and distance is 3rd and long ala a Johnstone.
    Not saying I disagree with you marr, but I do not recall a time that Robison has been used as the primary man in the line rotation. Maybe he just needs a chance to play the majority of the snaps to show us he does have the stamina to play at the same high motor level all game.
    I'm with ya on that my friend.

Mr. A even pointed out to me how Rob tends to carry his weight from his hips and below as proof that he could stand up to it.

In the end, I hope I'm wrong, but we did see him struggle holding the point of attack when he was in for Ray. Again, that could be attributed to needing more reps/experience.
    Ray missed back to back games last year (Bills & Giants) & Robison got the nod to start both those games & didn't do much, but I don't recall how much playing time he got. One would think with Ray out though, he played the majority of the time.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106083
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105965
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1105964
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105958
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105956
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1105953

As to Edwards - how much of his success is due to the constant double-teams on Jared and KWill? I would suggest lots.

=Z=
    I wouldn't.

I don't see nearly as much double-teaming on K-Will & JA as people claim. They try to make it sound as if Edwards doesn't get blocked at all & has a free shot at the QB.

I have also never heard anyone say Robison's success is due to the constant double-teams on JA or K-Will.

Why do you suppose that is?

If Robison gets several sacks this year. will you say most of his success is due to the constant double-teams on JA and K-Will?
    I think they are wasting Rob by making him the starter.

He is at his best when his legs are fresh and the OL is tired and the down and distance is 3rd and long ala a Johnstone.
    Not saying I disagree with you marr, but I do not recall a time that Robison has been used as the primary man in the line rotation. Maybe he just needs a chance to play the majority of the snaps to show us he does have the stamina to play at the same high motor level all game.
    I'm with ya on that my friend.

Mr. A even pointed out to me how Rob tends to carry his weight from his hips and below as proof that he could stand up to it.

In the end, I hope I'm wrong, but we did see him struggle holding the point of attack when he was in for Ray. Again, that could be attributed to needing more reps/experience.
    Ray missed back to back games last year (Bills & Giants) & Robison got the nod to start both those games & didn't do much, but I don't recall how much playing time he got. One would think with Ray out though, he played the majority of the time.
    He did, and by the second quarter he was actually turning his back to the defenders alot when they doubled him. Looked almost like he thought he could push harder that way.

As I said, I didn't get to chart last weeks starters, but the first game (don't have the numbers in front of me) they went right a heck of alot more than they went left my friend.

Gonna be interesting to see if the Cowgirls follow that trend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567