Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64
  1. #21
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,851

    Re: Trading Peterson Best Move for Vikings' Long-Term

    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1105878
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1105872
    We lost two top 10 talents already this season.
    Sid Rice? A top-10 talent? No, I don't think so.

    Who was the other? Ray Edwards? That's laughable.

    =Z=
    Name 10 WRs that are better than Rice?

    AJ
    CJ
    VJ
    SH
    BM
    RW

    There may be 1 or two more but the guys has a top 10 skill set.
    I can't name 10 better LDE than Edwards. People downplay his abilities but the guy is a balla. Extremely quick off the ball. Good strength, arms length and combo moves.

  2. #22
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trading Peterson Best Move for Vikings' Long-Term

    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105885
    One of the top 3 RBs in the league does NOT deserve the same contrat as one of the top 3 WRs in the league. RBs breakdown much faster. Adrian takes more abuse than just about any other runner. He's tougher than most runners, so he's got that going for him...but I don't anticipate Adrian playing at a peak level for 10 seasons.
    First of all, top 3? He is number 1 and it's not even close. 4 seasons with 4 Pro-Bowls and 4 All-Pros. I don't know how 2 other RBs even compete with that? Second of all, he gives out more punishment than he takes. If anything, I would be worried about concussions because he always goes head first into defenders. He will go down as the best player in franchise history, and deserves to be paid as such. Pay the man! And lock him up for the rest of his career.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  3. #23
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,851

    Re: Trading Peterson Best Move for Vikings' Long-Term

    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105885
    One of the top 3 RBs in the league does NOT deserve the same contract as one of the top 3 WRs in the league. RBs breakdown much faster. Adrian takes more abuse than just about any other runner. He's tougher than most runners, so he's got that going for him...but I don't anticipate Adrian playing at a peak level for 10 seasons.
    Your opinion. I believe the guys is a physical specimen and he delivers the blows as oppose to taking them. There is a huge difference. I think the guy can play at an elite level until 34. It's going to take a knee injury to stop this guy. Most backs dont have elite speed. Even if he loses a step... he will still be faster than most.

  4. #24
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Trading Peterson Best Move for Vikings' Long-Term

    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1105887
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1105878
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1105872
    We lost two top 10 talents already this season.
    Sid Rice? A top-10 talent? No, I don't think so.

    Who was the other? Ray Edwards? That's laughable.

    =Z=
    Name 10 WRs that are better than Rice?

    AJ
    CJ
    VJ
    SH
    BM
    RW

    There may be 1 or two more but the guys has a top 10 skill set.
    I can't name 10 better LDE than Edwards. People downplay his abilities but the guy is a balla. Extremely quick off the ball. Good strength, arms length and combo moves.
    Greg Jennings
    Reggie Wayne
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Percy Harvin


    Arguably Wes Welker, Jeremy Maclin, Marques Colston, DeSean Jackson, Miles Austin, Mike Wallace, and so on.

  5. #25
    delviking's Avatar
    delviking is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    cumming GA
    Posts
    233

    Re: Trading Peterson Best Move for Vikings' Long-Term

    When peterson starts losing a step He'll be still a great power back right now hes a Super Balanced Power/speed back.

    by the time hes declining our QB situation should be settled and peterson will become a great tool in the offense instead of the entire offense.

    but unless you can get 3-6 1sts for him dont ever take peterson outta a vikings uniform.

  6. #26
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: Trading Peterson Best Move for Vikings' Long-Term

    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105892
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1105887
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1105878
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1105872
    We lost two top 10 talents already this season.
    Sid Rice? A top-10 talent? No, I don't think so.

    Who was the other? Ray Edwards? That's laughable.

    =Z=
    Name 10 WRs that are better than Rice?

    AJ
    CJ
    VJ
    SH
    BM
    RW

    There may be 1 or two more but the guys has a top 10 skill set.
    I can't name 10 better LDE than Edwards. People downplay his abilities but the guy is a balla. Extremely quick off the ball. Good strength, arms length and combo moves.
    Greg Jennings
    Reggie Wayne
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Percy Harvin


    Arguably Wes Welker, Jeremy Maclin, Marques Colston, DeSean Jackson, Miles Austin, Mike Wallace, and so on.
    +1
    In fantasy football he is ranked 27th on nfl.com.
    I doubt he ever reproduces 2009. He's Braylon Edwards 2.0

  7. #27
    cponder7 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1

    Re: Trading Peterson Best Move for Vikings' Long-Term

    AP and Fitz have the same agent. You can bet your ass he'll be looking for that kind of money!
    None

  8. #28
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Trading Peterson Best Move for Vikings' Long-Term

    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1105890
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105885
    One of the top 3 RBs in the league does NOT deserve the same contract as one of the top 3 WRs in the league. RBs breakdown much faster. Adrian takes more abuse than just about any other runner. He's tougher than most runners, so he's got that going for him...but I don't anticipate Adrian playing at a peak level for 10 seasons.
    Your opinion. I believe the guys is a physical specimen and he delivers the blows as oppose to taking them. There is a huge difference. I think the guy can play at an elite level until 34. It's going to take a knee injury to stop this guy. Most backs dont have elite speed. Even if he loses a step... he will still be faster than most.
    It would be a miracle, given the amount of carries he takes each season, if he goes 10 seasons playing at this level without a knee injury. I don't care how bad ass he is.

    EDIT: Miracle is a stretch. But to just assume that because he's good at delivering blows that he wont' wear down in the next 4 or 5 years and that he's immune to serious injury because he's remained healthy his first several 4 years in the league.

  9. #29
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,851

    Re: Trading Peterson Best Move for Vikings' Long-Term

    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105892
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1105887
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1105878
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1105872
    We lost two top 10 talents already this season.
    Sid Rice? A top-10 talent? No, I don't think so.

    Who was the other? Ray Edwards? That's laughable.

    =Z=
    Name 10 WRs that are better than Rice?

    AJ
    CJ
    VJ
    SH
    BM
    RW

    There may be 1 or two more but the guys has a top 10 skill set.
    I can't name 10 better LDE than Edwards. People downplay his abilities but the guy is a balla. Extremely quick off the ball. Good strength, arms length and combo moves.
    Greg Jennings
    Larry Fitzgerald
    I fixed it for you and removed the duplicate.
    Simply put he is a top 10 WR in this league.

    The guys you named are talented but not as well rounded and not better WRs.

  10. #30
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,851

    Re: Trading Peterson Best Move for Vikings' Long-Term

    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105899
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1105890
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105885
    One of the top 3 RBs in the league does NOT deserve the same contract as one of the top 3 WRs in the league. RBs breakdown much faster. Adrian takes more abuse than just about any other runner. He's tougher than most runners, so he's got that going for him...but I don't anticipate Adrian playing at a peak level for 10 seasons.
    Your opinion. I believe the guys is a physical specimen and he delivers the blows as oppose to taking them. There is a huge difference. I think the guy can play at an elite level until 34. It's going to take a knee injury to stop this guy. Most backs dont have elite speed. Even if he loses a step... he will still be faster than most.
    It would be a miracle, given the amount of carries he takes each season, if he goes 10 seasons playing at this level without a knee injury. I don't care how bad ass he is.

    EDIT: Miracle is a stretch. But to just assume that because he's good at delivering blows that he wont' wear down in the next 4 or 5 years and that he's immune to serious injury because he's remained healthy his first several 4 years in the league.
    Just my opinion. I think he is meticulous about his body and that bodes very well. I don't think he is going to suffer a serious injury due to contact. I believe he is at risk for freak accidents because guys dive to his legs to stop him. However, I see him being the best back in football till about 32 and then having about 2 more years of decent stats. He's 25 or 26 now and will be 32 in 6 years. Do you really think he is going to be out of the running for best back in the business in 6 years?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Peterson, Vikings both look for long-term deal
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 07:51 PM
  2. Tom Powers:Do the Vikings have long-term QB plan
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 02:40 PM
  3. O.J. Simpson sentenced to long prison term
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 01:37 PM
  4. Wilf keeps focus on looking long-term
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-29-2006, 08:21 PM
  5. Vikings: 3-4 lineup looks like long-term solution
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-28-2005, 07:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •