Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Trading Peterson Best Move for Vikings' Long-Term

Hate to bring this up but the only way trading him would make sense is if it was a Herschel Walker type deal.

We basically gave Dallas their Super Bowls.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1105857
    Terrible ideas my friends. You do not trade a player for unknowns. The draft isn't a capshoot but when you have an elite player....possibly the on of the greatest at his position, you don't trade him for magical beans.

Go thru any draft and you find a shit load of 1st rounders at all positions that tank. receiving two first rounders for Peterson, isn't enough in my book. Bad teams loose/ trade skill players young in their careers....good teams get rid of them once they are no longer an assets. I don't see Peterson slowing down for another 6 years. He isn't an average back and shouldn't be held to the average back time frame. Anyone that would trade LT four years into his career is just as stupid. You would be killing your franchise. These are players you build around while you have them. Once they are lost, their void is felt for years.
    Bingo.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1105864
    Hate to bring this up but the only way trading him would make sense is if it was a Herschel Walker type deal.

We basically gave Dallas their Super Bowls.
    Nope, its a point worth bringing into the discussion.

I'm just not sure that teams, as a whole, aren't a bit smarter these days. Even Jerry Jones backed off from the "Buy a Winner" mentality and has really just approached this season in somewhat of the same manner the Steelers seem to have always used.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105866
    Terrible ideas my friends. You do not trade a player for unknowns. The draft isn't a capshoot but when you have an elite player....possibly the on of the greatest at his position, you don't trade him for magical beans.

Go thru any draft and you find a shit load of 1st rounders at all positions that tank. receiving two first rounders for Peterson, isn't enough in my book. Bad teams loose/ trade skill players young in their careers....good teams get rid of them once they are no longer an assets. I don't see Peterson slowing down for another 6 years. He isn't an average back and shouldn't be held to the average back time frame. Anyone that would trade LT four years into his career is just as stupid. You would be killing your franchise. These are players you build around while you have them. Once they are lost, their void is felt for years.
    Bingo.
    We lost two top 10 talents already this season. What happens if we cant resign Greenway or Peterson this year? The FO is really fucking up. These players should have been given the proverbial carrot on a stick years ago. Sign Peterson for 60 million for 8 years 2 years ago.
    You don't wait for them to start smelling the open market. Look what philly does. They sign their talented players to extensions in the 2nd and 3rd years of their rookie contact and to 6 years extensions. They get to keep their talented players for all of their prime for peanuts. We however, decide that battling other teams and allowing the price to be driven up... is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1105872
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105866

Bingo.
    We lost two top 10 talents already this season. What happens if we cant resign Greenway or Peterson this year? The FO is really fucking up. These players should have been given the proverbial carrot on a stick years ago. Sign Peterson for 60 million for 8 years 2 years ago.
    You don't wait for them to start smelling the open market. Look what philly does. They sign their talented players to extensions in the 2nd and 3rd years of their rookie contact and to 6 years extensions. They get to keep their talented players for all of their prime for peanuts. We however, decide that battling other teams and allowing the price to be driven up... is the way to go.
    Preach on my brother from another mother......

Truth is, that is almost the norm with most teams and what the Vikes were doing up until just recently.....

Not sure what has changed. Perhaps the Ownership group don't have as deep of pockets as most think. Wasn't long ago we were hearing about Zygi going out to them for more money.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

We lost two top 10 talents already this season.
    Sid Rice? A top-10 talent? No, I don't think so.

Who was the other? Ray Edwards? That's laughable.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1105878
    We lost two top 10 talents already this season.
    Sid Rice? A top-10 talent? No, I don't think so.

Who was the other? Ray Edwards? That's laughable.

=Z=
    Regardless of who was throwing him the ball, Rice made some fantastic catches, showing body control that is hard to find which was also why he was the number 2 ranked WR FA on the market this year.

Edwards also was top 5 in pressures and even though he didn't have the sack totals most like, he was pretty damn good against the run making him the number 2 DE in the FA market this year.

Would they fall in your top 10? Sounds as if they wouldn't, but laughable? Comeon Z. I wouldn't go that far.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

This is the most retarded thread on the Internet. Any Vikings fan willing to trade away Adrian Peterson should be forcefully removed from the fan base. I hate the person who put that stupid suggestion in my head.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1105881
    This is the most retarded thread on the Internet. Any Vikings fan willing to trade away Adrian Peterson should be forcefully removed from the fan base. I hate the person who put that stupid suggestion in my head.
    lol, +1

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

One of the top 3 RBs in the league does NOT deserve the same contrat as one of the top 3 WRs in the league. RBs breakdown much faster. Adrian takes more abuse than just about any other runner. He's tougher than most runners, so he's got that going for him...but I don't anticipate Adrian playing at a peak level for 10 seasons.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast