Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Trading Moss?

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Trading Moss?

"GBMiah" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3331874

interesting indeed

Arizona trading for moss???? What sense does that make? They have used 2 first and a 2nd on WR's the last 2 drafts, so i doubt they will trade their whole D for another WR, even if he is the best WR in football.

Maybe B. Berry, Adrian wilson and boldin or fitzgerald for Moss. I'd jump at that offer, but that won't happen.

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Trading Moss?

Why are most vikings fans ubcessed with Moss? RANDY MOSS THIS RANDY MOSS THAT, NO DONT TRADE MOSS! NO NO!!! Come on now, im a vikes fan and you guys have to realize its better for the team. We will still have a top 10 offense possibily top 5. If we trade Moss for defense, tons of teams would trade huge D talent. So if we get the D talent, top ten and probally top 5 defense for vikes. Bennett will be huge next year, i have a good feeling about that. Plus, if Moss is gone, no distraction for the team anymore and Kcam, Burly, and Mrob will step up huge. If we trade Moss we go 11-5 and win division.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Trading Moss?

Didn't we talk about this stupid junk enough last off season??

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

Trading Moss?

Im sorry...but Campbell, Burleson and Robinson can not get it DONE w/ out Moss. Campbell and Robinson are useless I think. Besides Campbell being on Special Teams. Robinson shows up now and then. I know a lot of you are thinking this...well what about Campbell's long balls? I haven't seen one of those in who knows how long. Then you will say what about Robinson's game against the Eagles? Why can't we say that everygame like we do about Burleson?

My opinion probably doesn't matter that much but this is how I would do it if I HAD to trade Moss(I also put this in the draft section)...

I was thinking about maybe it would be good if we drafted Braylin Edwards.(From looking at my other posts you probably think I am a Michigan guru. Not at all. My Fav. college team is Florida) But yeah...Because if we do get rid of Moss for maybe 2 1st rounders and a solid defensive player we could trade Bennett also for a late second round pick possibly.

That would give us 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks.

Pick up Mike Williams or Braylin Edwards in the 1st round.
    Pick up Marlin Jackson, Justin Miller or Pac-Man Jones in the 1st round.

Pick up a safety like Shazor in the 2nd round.
    Pick up a a kicker...Nugent in the 2nd round.
    Or pick up a good DE in the 2nd round.

In FA or trade...grab a solid linebacker or two.

Then I say pick up Roscoe Parrish in the 3rd as another WR to take place of Campbell. Parrish is super fast and has pretty good hands.

Then we have one hell of a line-up next year.

On another note...I love Moss.

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Trading Moss?

In other posts i said draft Braylon Edwards too and we still have a lethal recieving core. I saw a Campbell long ball against the pack. Trust more, he is capable of alot more but Tice just doesnt play him that much. Burly and Mrob are good, give them more time and they could be like moss last year. Draft Jimmy Williams (yes, i am a va teach fan) and we got a stud at safety. We need someone who can tackle like Shawn Taylor. Russell has piss-poor tackling skills. I think we go good without Moss.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Trading Moss?

This is interesting.

I've never heard the media talk about the possibilities of trading Moss as much as I have the past few days.

As a Packer fan, I would LOVE for you to keep Moss. Truly. You guys already have a great talent base, and with the draft picks and such you'd pick up for Moss (and some low-profile team looking to increase ticket sales with a marquee player like Moss would do it) might just be a reverse Herschel Walker deal.

With Moss, you will win the battles. I just don't think you'll win the war with him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to stir it up or pi$$ anyone off. I don't think you'll go all the way with him, and you very well could without him in exchange for a restocking of your defense.

But, I know he's very popular. There's a point in time I seriously considered the Packers trading Favre for max value, right after the 99 season. He was 30 and still in his prime, but we all know heading on his downslide. You're gonna tell me a team wouldn't have given up 3 first rounders for him at that time?

I'm not saying trade him, or not to trade him. You guys will defend him to the death, and that, to a point, is admirable.

But, we beat you three out of the last four. One game, he didn't play. The other two wins, he was taken, or allowed himself to be taken out of the game. The playoff game...he came alive and helped you win.

You guys can flame me or whatever. I'm not saying this to irritate you. I'm saying that you may want to consider a deal that may bring you a lot of value, because Moss will never demand more on the market than right now.

Would you still have what I also consider to be the most dangerous wide receiver in the game? Nope. But Herschel Walker was the most dangerous running back in the game at the time you traded for him, and Dallas did just fine with the return value you sent them.

But as a Packer fan, I hope you keep him.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Trading Moss?

"givemossthetoss" wrote:
    In other posts i said draft Braylon Edwards too and we still have a lethal recieving core. I saw a Campbell long ball against the pack. Trust more, he is capable of alot more but Tice just doesnt play him that much. Burly and Mrob are good, give them more time and they could be like moss last year. Draft Jimmy Williams (yes, i am a va teach fan) and we got a stud at safety. We need someone who can tackle like Shawn Taylor. Russell has piss-poor tackling skills. I think we go good without Moss.

Finally I found someone else who agrees with me that jimmy williams will be much better at safety than at CB!

We would need a good talented young WR in replace of Moss, if we did trade him. No way burleson and robinson would cut it. That is why i say we need an early 1st and a stud D player at the min for moss. Then use the pick for mike williams. He will be an absolute star in the NFL.

I love Moss. He and cunningham were the 2 reasons why i became a vikings fan. But since then my love has gone from moss, to the vikings team. If trading Moss can help this team win, then we have to do it. I won't be mad if we do and I won't be mad if we don't. I just wanna do whatever it takes for us to win, and it seems that you need a great D to do that. Just ask Peyton Manning. We have got to improve this D drastically at any cost!

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Trading Moss?

It seems like every year after the Vikings season is over there are new rumors about the Vikes trading Randy Moss. Until it actually happens, I won't believe any of it.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Trading Moss?

"givemossthetoss" wrote:
    Why are most vikings fans ubcessed with Moss?
    He is awesome! Maybe your not, could change your username too.

In other posts i said draft Braylon Edwards too and we still have a lethal recieving core
    I think that he will be gone by the time we pick. Don't need him even if we did get rid of Moss. You are right, we need a good defensive player like Taylor.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Trading Moss?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/wr/chrishenry.html

In case it does happen then we'd just have to draft Chris Henry out of West Virginia, and it'd be like Moss never left. No fake mooning, he'd probably just flip GB fans the birdie. Dude might walk off the field with a few ticks left like Moss did. On second thought, nevermind.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast