Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Trading Culpepper Would Be Colossal Mistake

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Eyedea is right..

Unless we are in position to get Brees, Vince, Or Leinart..

Pep will prove he can survive without Moss.. He was getting used to the blitzing and without playing with Moss.. He clearly did pretty good his last few games
    I wouldn't go as far as to say he played pretty good... I'd say he sucked. Which is an upgrade from when he was playing like ****.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Eyedea is right..

Pep will prove he can survive without Moss.. He was getting used to the blitzing and without playing with Moss.. He clearly did pretty good his last few games
    I wouldn't go as far as to say he played pretty good... I'd say he sucked. Which is an upgrade from when he was playing like ****.
    Apparently, you turned off the Vikings/Packers game at half-time. :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "tampaviking" wrote:
    he not only didn't have moss last year, he had nobody, nate was weak all year. and wiggins was by far the only place he had to go. if k-rob would have had more playing time at the beginning the team would have done alot better.
    Brad Johnson had the same recievers to throw to and he looked pretty gol 'darnit good. And take a look at Jake Plummer last year. He was in MVP contention for the better part of the year and look at his recieving core. Lelie is good but that's about it.
    Jake Plummer had a running game, which is a huge advantage for a quarterback. during most games last year (most being early in the year), the defense knew we had to throw the ball. so they would blitz alot, or pull everyone back and play coverage, not fearing the run.

Like I said in my paper, culpepper played much tougher defenses than johnson (bears (a bear team that actually tried to win), bengals, panthers). Johnson was also set up much better by the defense. I remember in the lion game, he had like 2 or 3 touchdown drives of under 30 yards or something.

If you remember, one of the rational behind trading moss was the play of the offense when he was hurt. that offense was lead by Culpepper. So saying he can't preform w/o pepper is just false. In the 5 games w/o moss, Culpepper throw for 9 touchdown, and only 3 interceptions. His qb ratings for the games were: 103.2, 62.1, 121.3, 117.9, 97.5. He lead the offense to score 20 points or more in 4 of 5 games. I should note the record was 2-3, but that was due to the defense allowing 34, 31, and 34 points in the losses. and because they lost on last second field goals to future playoff teams the colts and packers. so saying culpepper cannot play without moss is just not true.
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Eyedea is right..

Apparently, you turned off the Vikings/Packers game at half-time. :wink:

Or didn't watch the Saints game either :wink:

V4L

"Eyedea" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "tampaviking" wrote:
    he not only didn't have moss last year, he had nobody, nate was weak all year. and wiggins was by far the only place he had to go. if k-rob would have had more playing time at the beginning the team would have done alot better.
    Brad Johnson had the same recievers to throw to and he looked pretty gol 'darnit good. And take a look at Jake Plummer last year. He was in MVP contention for the better part of the year and look at his recieving core. Lelie is good but that's about it.
    Jake Plummer had a running game, which is a huge advantage for a quarterback. during most games last year (most being early in the year), the defense knew we had to throw the ball. so they would blitz alot, or pull everyone back and play coverage, not fearing the run.

Like I said in my paper, culpepper played much tougher defenses than johnson (bears (a bear team that actually tried to win), bengals, panthers). Johnson was also set up much better by the defense. I remember in the lion game, he had like 2 or 3 touchdown drives of under 30 yards or something.

If you remember, one of the rational behind trading moss was the play of the offense when he was hurt. that offense was lead by Culpepper. So saying he can't preform w/o pepper is just false. In the 5 games w/o moss, Culpepper throw for 9 touchdown, and only 3 interceptions. His qb ratings for the games were: 103.2, 62.1, 121.3, 117.9, 97.5. He lead the offense to score 20 points or more in 4 of 5 games. I should note the record was 2-3, but that was due to the defense allowing 34, 31, and 34 points in the losses. and because they lost on last second field goals to future playoff teams the colts and packers. so saying culpepper cannot play without moss is just not true.

Exactly.. Im sick of arguing this.. Look at the teams Brad played.. Definitley D's that were horrible.. Played back ups, Brown and Rams D's.. But when it came time to play a team like the Steelers he sucked it up to..

Pep did wonderful when he got to play teams like the Saints and the Packers.. But for the games he was in he played top 10 D's.. Brad couldn't do it either..

Don't forget the D started getting a ton of picks.. We got like 9 in 3 games I think and Pep only had like 5 the whole time he was in

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I'm not a Daunte hater, I swear.

But how many people honestly think he will win a superbowl?

I don't.

I think he's good. I am not sure if I want him traded. But I don't think he will lead a team to the promise land.

Now, I am fully aware that there were probably many many QB's that people said the same thing about, but then went on to win it.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

I like Daunte. I think he has all the pysical tools to be dominate and has proven that he can. The only thing I worry about is his mental game. Daunte gets down on Daunte very easily it seems. And when your "Leader" is down usually it will bring the rest of the team down as well. I also feel he doesn't read defenses for diddly poo. But that he can work on in the film room. If we do keep him those are the things he needs to bring to the table for the Vikings to win a ring. Don't get down on yourself and hit the film room HARD!!!
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

V4L

That's true Deep.. He does get down pretty easy.. He needs to work on his mental game..

I'm also worried about his injury

eclipse_2303 is offline Starter

Last time I checked Culpepper still maintained the 3rd highest QB rating in the league those 5 1/2 games without Moss in 2004. Dont blame Culpepper for this year, the defense fell behind 17-0 in the 1st quarter against teams which turned the Vikings into a one dimensional team, not to mention you had the meathead Mike Tice and the lost Puppy Steve Loney calling the shots. Just look at the Numbers, the Vikings were giving up damn near 30 points a game when Culpepper was in, when Brad was in it was less than 20. Every praises Brad Johnson but the last time I saw a Vikings game our offense was WORSE with Johnson than Culpepper. Not to mention you look at how the O-line played with Culpepper compared to Johnson...Culpepper got sacked more than any QB in the NFL up until he got injured. Give the man a chance he damn near won an MVP in 2004 he has 6 bad games which aren't entirely his fault and you wanna get rid of him. I am sick of Viking fans that ride the bandwagon with Him and the Team. You are the same ones that will be praising him when he comes back and puts up numbers.

vikingTurf Guest

"happy camper" wrote:
    I'm not a Daunte hater, I swear.

But how many people honestly think he will win a superbowl?

I don't.

I think he's good. I am not sure if I want him traded. But I don't think he will lead a team to the promise land.

Now, I am fully aware that there were probably many many QB's that people said the same thing about, but then went on to win it.
    I think he can win a superbowl one day, given that he improves his mental game and attitude, he has the hunger to win but that same hunger has led to frustration, mentally bad decisions and interceptions.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast