Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trading cards

Trading cards

Hey, does anybody know when the 2004 season trading cards come out? I'd like to get as complete a set as I can for this year's team, especially the rookies. Got a feeling about these guys.

Also, I wonder if someone out there knowledgeable about such things could ballpark a value for me. I have a Daunte Culpepper card made by a company called "Collecters Edge" in 1999. Although it doesn't explicitly say "rookie", it does talk about how he's behind Jeff George and Randall Cunningham in the lineup so I don't see how it can't be a rookie card. He's also wearing a number 12 jersey. Anyone?
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Trading cards

I have some Daunte rookie cards... or rather my fiance does, but they aren't worth very much money right now. I think the ones we are are worth like $4. I have a little plaque with three of them and the whole thing is valued at $12... I'm sure eventually they will go up though.

Trading cards

Call them Football cards, Trading cards sounds like your talking about Poke'Mon or something like that.
    VIKINGS are KINGS of the NFC North

ohioviking is offline Rookie

Trading cards

i got a #18 barry sanders rookie card
    a champion is one who gets up even when he cant

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Trading cards

Still have Rice, Elway, Marino, Sanders, E. Smith rookie cards. Thank God I never threw them away or traded them for a Herschel Walker rookie. I think they used to be worth more a few years ago than they are now. I'm sure the market for football & baseball cards has gone the way of the economy. It's hard getting value on any rookies today because there are so damn many different companies (unlike 15 years ago). I'd definitely hang onto the Culpepper though, especially after the numbers he puts up this year!
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

Trading cards

I have a Sapp rookie card...valued at 3$. It is all about brands. Topps is probably the best...I have 2 Moss rookies and each are about 20$ right now.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Trading cards

I have over 1,000 Moss cards, about 30-35 rookies. Values are all over the place though. That Daunte card, like triedandtrue said, probably isn't worth a whole lot. If you want to know the price of a card go to www.beckett.com, then click on price guides and then just follow directions. That card is probably worth about $5 or so.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

johnnyb22 is offline Rookie

Trading cards

I have a 1975 card of Alan Page. And a card of Bobby Bryant.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Trading cards

Last year my boyfriend and I got into football cards a lot. He's always been into them, but he got me suckered in now. I just like opening the packs and finding Viking cards... hehehe. I bought my own little book where I put the Viking cards of past and present players. It gets to be an expensive habit... the good packs are NOT cheap!

johnnyb22 is offline Rookie

Trading cards

I used to collect cards but I got burned out. It is fun but takes alot of time and money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast