Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Is Trading Bennett such a good idea afterall?

There's to many RB's in free agency and coming out of the draft to get quality value for any of our RB's. I personally like Moore (aka THE ROCK), he just doesnt go down, has good speed, vision, balance, pretty much everything you look for a great back to have.

Bennett is good but he doesnt play well against good defenses. I like Smith to, its a hard decision to make because they have all had there shots and made the best of them. Bennett's injury thing is kinda overblown and i think its gonna come to an end soon. Like kramer said those injuries could happen to anyone, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, its not like hes blowing out acl's every year.

It will be intristing to see what happens but i could definitly live with Bennett and Moore.

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

MM is the best, I said why in a different post.

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

It's very frustrating trying to figure out who is a better back between Bennett and Smith, they both have such strong upsides but seem to trade off on the lack of consistency dealie... We need to get rid of one because our current depth prevents us from capitalizing fully on the talents of any of them. As long as we keep Moore as a back-up/situation back who will appear to some extent in every game, I don't really care if it's Bennett or Smith on the trading block. If I were the Vikings' front-office
    Master(feeble)mind, I would VERY quietly float BOTH Bennett and Smith on the trading block, then trade the one who brings in the best offer and keep the other as next year's starter. Regardless of who goes, we must keep Moore as a strong contributer because he offers us something that the other two backs cannot: tackle-breaking smashmouth football.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"CT Viking Man" wrote:
    All I know is that, with the Vikings luck, whatever they do will be the wrong move.
    Thats funny! I too worry about the exact same thing.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

mm is a moe like runner in a way. BUT he has some smith in him too. he got a chance to prove himslef for 3 games. and he did. 2 of them were for a 100 yards. i say trade smith bc hed be worth more than bennet and let moore start. bennet would be a great backup and challenge moore for the starting spot and keep moore still trying his best. didnt we get him in the 4th round???

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

Trade Bennett...even though I love this guy.

Smith hasnt been able to show what he can really do getting the ball 20 times a game.

Moore will be a Moe type player that will eventually take over the starting job I think because he is better than all of them.

Moe has 1 or 2 more years ahead of him probably. enough said about that.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Re: Is Trading Bennett such a good idea afterall?

"Hooversham" wrote:
    PA and Dubay just made a really good point today on the love covenant. They wondered whether trading Bennett, even though you could get something for him, would be such a good idea since you then lay all your hopes and dreams on Onterrio Smith. And I might agree.

Onterrio Smith is the best all around back that we have BUT HE'S A POTHEAD!!

Do we get rid of one of the fastest, game-breaking backs in the league and jump on the back of someone who might pull a Ricky WIlliams on us and leave our cheese in the wind? It's worrisome.

Onterrio may have vowed not to pack another bowl but I HIGHLY doubt it. He's already spent 4 games on the bench for it, what's to say that he won't spend more time there next year?

Personally, I am all for a trade to try and get something for Bennett, but I'm just saying that it's not as appetizing when I think that instead of 4 good backs, we might have 3 good backs and one of them might be with Ricky Williams at the fawking culinary institute or the aromatherapy clinic or something. Just a thought.
    We still have rook Moore as well to compliment Smith. if we traded Bennett I would want defense, any position.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Smith isnt all that great. He hasnt had a 100 yard game yet this season. In 2 of MM 3 starts he had 100 yard games. He could of been the next Julius Jones. But ofcourse, according to Tice "Moore needs to carve out a role for himself." wtf? carve a role? i believe he already did.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

exactly, how do u not like the guy and say he needs to carve out a roll????? :scratch: i dont get it. hes a rookie. gets 3 starts. 2 of those 3 starts were over 100 yards. its plain and simple. start MM. it just doesnt make sense.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Tice is wierd, half the time i wonder about the sh*t he says.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast