Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hooversham is offline Starter

Is Trading Bennett such a good idea afterall?

PA and Dubay just made a really good point today on the love covenant. They wondered whether trading Bennett, even though you could get something for him, would be such a good idea since you then lay all your hopes and dreams on Onterrio Smith. And I might agree.

Onterrio Smith is the best all around back that we have BUT HE'S A POTHEAD!!

Do we get rid of one of the fastest, game-breaking backs in the league and jump on the back of someone who might pull a Ricky WIlliams on us and leave our cheese in the wind? It's worrisome.

Onterrio may have vowed not to pack another bowl but I HIGHLY doubt it. He's already spent 4 games on the bench for it, what's to say that he won't spend more time there next year?

Personally, I am all for a trade to try and get something for Bennett, but I'm just saying that it's not as appetizing when I think that instead of 4 good backs, we might have 3 good backs and one of them might be with Ricky Williams at the fawking culinary institute or the aromatherapy clinic or something. Just a thought.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Cris Carter did drugs in Philly. Look how he turned out. Just keep Smith away from Ricky Williams and we will be fine. Besides, we have a stud in Moore!

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

I like Bennett he reminds me of a Warrick Dunn type back...Plus with Moore there you always have a young gun...Trade Smith since he has proven himself and get something for him and have faith in Bennett and Moore...I mean whats the difference right now anyways...Its not like we are a running team...Anybody can run the ball on this team...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Cris Carter did drugs in Philly. Look how he turned out. Just keep Smith away from Ricky Williams and we will be fine. Besides, we have a stud in Moore!
    But what if Smith is a Lenny Kravitz fan too!!!?? It just takes one world tour and those two will be smokin' each other up. Onterrio is from OREGON for God's sake. He can't resist the hash man, it's in his blood.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I am just saying that just becasue a guy get popped, he could still worth the risk. The Eagles did not think Carter was worth it, and we got him for $100! The best damn deal! Even though we also had the worst deal (Herschal).

"Vikestand" wrote:
    I like Bennett he reminds me of a Warrick Dunn type back...Plus with Moore there you always have a young gun...Trade Smith since he has proven himself and get something for him and have faith in Bennett and Moore...I mean whats the difference right now anyways...Its not like we are a running team...Anybody can run the ball on this team...
    This is exactly right too. Onterrio Smith is young and has shown he can do everything as a runner. Unless the other team has qualms about his propensity for the pot, they might give more for him than they would Bennett.

As for Mewelde, I was high on that guy during his streak, but 3 days isn't enough for me to be completely convinced he is the back of the future. I hope so. I liked his game.

I do think we need to trade one of our backs in the offseason. Earlier in the year I was thinking that Michael Bennett should go (injury prone). Now I am looking at the situation a bit differently.

I think we should trade Onterrio Smith.

I think Bennett's injuries could have happened to anyone. He just happened to have a string of bad luck IMO.

Smith has some question marks surrounding his character. It was that way in college and it seems to carried over into the NFL. Sure, he may have cleaned up his act since his latest run-in but no one truly knows but him.

I say trade Smith, keep Bennett as the starter, let Moe retire this or next year and let Moore be the back-up.

By doing this we would still have a proven pro-bowl RB in the backfield with Bennett (good character), we would have a great 2nd string guy in Moore (good character) and we would be trading someone that still has good market value in Smith (questionable character).

Just my opinion...
    Even babies know the difference.

Del Rio Guest

Frankly it's a waste of space to have that many quality backs you will never be able to juice a player for all they are worth if you do that they will never live up to thier potential.

So someone must go. I don't care which. Except I would lean toward trading Bennett because he only plays 3 games a season.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i heard that they are grooming moore to take over williams job, since williams might not be there that much longer

Even without trading Bennett would he still be happy with that and move on from the lack of playing time he received after returning from injury?

I don't think Onterrio has proven himself yet and I don't see the Vikings getting all that much in return if they did trade him.

All I know is that, with the Vikings luck, whatever they do will be the wrong move.
    fe4c0bdee276bad61c4dc5468ded7032

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast