hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Trade Up for What?

So I have been thinking IF the Vikings trade up for Smith or Udeze...what will it cost them? I think the Saints traded two midround number ones for a top pick last year.

I am thinking that our first and third would be fair...but I don't know about our first and second..that is alot even for a Smith or Udeze...what do you guys think?
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

Trade Up for What?

I think trading up would only be a good option id they could go high enough to get Udeze. I don't think Smith is worth losing our #1 and 32 or #3 pick. I think they should look at trading down in return for an established DE or LB.

Trade Up for What?

I dont know it would be good to trade up but not at too high of a cost

Trade Up for What?

I don't know if we even need to trade up to get Will Smith. The mock draft on NFL.com has him going to us at #19. Trading up still won't get us Udeze probably anyway, so I say just keep our picks and draft the best available defense we can.
    Another mock draft had us getting a CB with our first pick. We might just have to settle for a DE with our 2nd rounder.
    We really don't need a Jevon Kearse for our defense to be good, we just need a leader! Who do you guys think that could be this year?
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Trade Up for What?

The latest mock draft that ESPN put out (PFW Mock Draft March 29) had Smith going to the Texans at the 10th pick and Udeze falling to us. But I don't think eather one of them will still be around when we pick unless we move up which will probably cost us at least our 1st and 3rd.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Trade Up for What?

no niether one of them will fall to use, there is to many teams needing DE's, i think we should just get the best LB available at that time, then just wing it and try to land hill or odom in the second round

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Trade Up for What?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vikingstw

no niether one of them will fall to use, there is to many teams needing DE's, i think we should just get the best LB available at that time, then just wing it and try to land hill or odom in the second round
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If Smith is around at 12 we would move up there, before Buffalo, who might pick him. That would most likely cost us our 1st and 3rd, which isn't really worth it in my opinion.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Trade Up for What?

Why would we trade our first and third for any player in the draft? We don't need anybody that much to trade a 1st and third. If we do that, it would be equivalent of not getting Burleson in last year's draft. If we trade our first and third pick for a untested rookie we might as well call MIAMI up and try and trade for Ogunleye!!! Otherwise stay put and draft the best available player. But not a third rounder, fourth or fifth. Are you kidding me. We found good value in all 7 rounds last year...

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Trade Up for What?

We will draft either DJ or Karlos to fill our other LB spot, and we will draft DE in the second round and go for June 1 cuts. If we did move up, I would want to go to 8-10 to get Udeze. If we did move up to 11-14 we might get away with only an additional 4th or next yrs. 3rd round pick. If we are going to start giving up picks, I would much rather go for Ogun.

sig courtesy of PPE