Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

trade talk? could it be?......

no way we trade our best player for an old guy, an unknown and a draft pick

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Okay, I'll be non-biased here (but don't get used to it).

You guys would be getting the top wideout in the draft ( a bit of a crap shoot, because WR's are particularly hard to predict success with), a shutdown corner, and an extra draft pick in the first three rounds for Moss.

I don't know. Obviously, you guys would like some team to replenish all those picks you lost with Herschel Walker.

I'd push to make that extra draft pick a 2nd rounder, and I'd probably jump on it. Moss is a tremendous talent, but if you remotely subscribe to my tenets that he simply is too much chaos to bring your team together (regardless of the positive strides he's made), this trade could open up Daunte to spread the field and enjoy playing, give him a couple reliable targets to fire at, and perhaps three picks in the first two rounds? AND the best CB in the NFC North?

Yeah, I'd like more for Moss too, but Al Davis is known for over paying and over trading for players. This might be the best deal you get.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

This is a tough one...I dunno what I'd do for sure if I was the Vikes--it's arisk either way.

Moss is the dominant player at his position, but he's probably about halfway done with his career--at least playing at an elite level. Fitzgerald sounds *sooo* good it's tough not to think of him as a suitable replacement.

Problem is, Moss *is* great, Fitzgerald *might* be great. Or he might just be pretty good and have a Ricky Prouhl-type career.

As a Packer fan I'd be dlighted if Moss was gone, so I suppose that means you should probably keep him.
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Rumors dont happen most of the time.
    SO dont expect us to trade a single penny.
    No such trade will happen.
    End of story.[rip]
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by hawaiianvike21

Rumors dont happen most of the time.
    SO dont expect us to trade a single penny.
    No such trade will happen.
    End of story.[rip]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Most is the best player on this team and is the Identity of the Vikings, no way do they trade him.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Would you people get off of Randy Moss' nuts about how much 'chaos' he brings to a team

Give me one cocky quote or action from him from the 2003 Season. Just one.

He was even GIVEN the opportunity to down TO. What did he say?

"Watch the film."

Randy's Nuts - Packers Fans = Good, thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

eelpout72 is offline Starter

This "rumored" trade possiblity doesnt even address our most important need: defensive end. Also, although Charles Woodson is a probowl corner, we dont need him because 1) we got Winfield and 2) Brian Williams played well last year and I expect him to only get better.

No way. No way. No way.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by RandyMoss8404

Would you people get off of Randy Moss' nuts about how much 'chaos' he brings to a team

Give me one cocky quote or action from him from the 2003 Season. Just one.

You're right, he didn't bring as much visible chaos this season.

I still am guessing, however, there's some tension. You cannot deny that when the Vikes lost to the Packers, he was jogging routes and on one play in particular, gave no effort whatsoever to catching a ball. He still has that aura of taking plays off ("to rest himself"), and the pressure on Culpepper, who had a QB rating of 90+ last season, to get the ball to Moss, Moss, Moss, then someone else in his progressions.

Can't prove it...just the impression I get. Hope he takes more plays off again this year against the Packers, though.

Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by josdin00

One more point. I don't want to get rid of Moss the very same season that the league is going to emphasize pass interferance and illeagal contact penalties. This should be a banner year for Moss, since he'll actually be able to run free after 5 yards. We've all seen Moss get mauled without the refs calling it. That won't happen this year.

Plus last year, from everything I read, Moss kept his attitude in check, and played the part of the good citizen. I'm excited by the direction his career is taking, and I don't want to see him go.

word brother

That trade definately would not be worth it. Fitzgerald is not the next Moss. Fitzgerald isn't nearly as fast, can't jump as high, and I don't think has as good of hands.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast