Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    viking hope is offline Training Camp

trade talk? could it be?......

The Vikings could be positioning themselves for a run at Pitt's Fitzgerald, a Minneapolis native who could take over for Randy Moss in the Metrodome. Minnesota has reportedly discussed a deal that would send Moss to Oakland in exchange for Fitzgerald, whom the Raiders would take second overall in this scenario, cornerback Charles Woodson and an additional first-day draft pick.

got this from kfan site (vikings) in the rumor mill column.

Would this be a good deal? we already have our CB, but getting an additional first day pick> mmmmmm. I say only if Fitzgerald can open things up like randy did when he first came on board.. he still has to learn our routes and plays. Can we afford a set back like that, when we are poised to make a run for the playoffs this year.

I havent heard about this yet but, this sounds very possible I would be for it I think it would help the team. I think Fitzgerald is the next Moss but with a better attitude. I would definetly think that this would be a good deal.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vikings_fan66

I havent heard about this yet but, this sounds very possible I would be for it I think it would help the team. I think Fitzgerald is the next Moss but with a better attitude. I would definetly think that this would be a good deal.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'd do it in a heartbeat. It would definately set our offense back for awhile, but our D would be awesome with woodson and winfield. We would still have our first round pick to use on another good D player. I like Moss as much as any vikes fan, but I am all for improving the Vikes as a team, and I believe that this move would improve us.

I am however realistic, and don't expect that this will happen at all. I really don't see us trading Moss, that would be a huge cut hit, if we got rid of him.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by viking hope

The Vikings could be positioning themselves for a run at Pitt's Fitzgerald, a Minneapolis native who could take over for Randy Moss in the Metrodome. Minnesota has reportedly discussed a deal that would send Moss to Oakland in exchange for Fitzgerald, whom the Raiders would take second overall in this scenario, cornerback Charles Woodson and an additional first-day draft pick.

got this from kfan site (vikings) in the rumor mill column.

Would this be a good deal? we already have our CB, but getting an additional first day pick> mmmmmm. I say only if Fitzgerald can open things up like randy did when he first came on board.. he still has to learn our routes and plays. Can we afford a set back like that, when we are poised to make a run for the playoffs this year.

I could potentially see trading Moss at some point, but in that scenario. It would have to be a Ricky Williams style trade for me to approve of the move as a fan. I mean the draft day trade where the Saints gave up all of their other picks to get him. We saw how well that worked out for Ditka, and considering that draft picks are what enables teams to stay under the Cap, I don't think that will ever happen again.

There are relatively few players in this league that change how your opponents play their game. We have one of them. Let's keep it that way.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I guess I can't see this happening, nor can I say that I would want it too. First of all Charles Woodson is getting old. He may be good for a year or two, but not enough for the trade to be worth it, also getting Fitz Jr. would be good if he had moss to teach him, but I wouldn't trade our proven WR for a rookie

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

One more point. I don't want to get rid of Moss the very same season that the league is going to emphasize pass interferance and illeagal contact penalties. This should be a banner year for Moss, since he'll actually be able to run free after 5 yards. We've all seen Moss get mauled without the refs calling it. That won't happen this year.

Plus last year, from everything I read, Moss kept his attitude in check, and played the part of the good citizen. I'm excited by the direction his career is taking, and I don't want to see him go.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

amen to that

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Randy has really matured as a person and a player and still has alot of good years. I
    don't think we should trade him for a rookie. Just a bad idea
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Larry Fitzgerald will be good, perhaps the next Cris Carter, but never, ever, will he touch Randy Moss.

He runs a 4.47 40 and can't block as well, has no experience, and nowhere near Moss' agility. Just a bad, bad idea. Charles Woodson isn't as good as he used to be anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by purplehorn

Randy has really matured as a person and a player and still has alot of good years. I
    don't think we should trade him for a rookie. Just a bad idea

Are we still talking about this? Isn't it pretty much assured that Moss will not be traded. Fitz is great and all, but he doesn't have the speed, leaping ability or freakish athletic ability that Moss has. We won't be making that trade, not when Woodson needs a new, expensive contract.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast