Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Peterson?

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    Yea trade AP to Dallas for a 1st and 3rd round draft pick and for Dez Bryant
    No thanks on Dez Bryant, he is overrated, I rather have another draft pick but Adrian is not getting traded so it is moot
    Last edited by VikingsFan1234; 01-19-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    You are absolutely right...but that won't be known before next season.
    It will not be know until the team turns around. That could be in one season, or if we go by Childress' standards, it could be three or four years down the road with all of our eggs in one basket.

The Vikings, with Peterson, have many good players. They need a few more blue chips, some depth, less injuries, and a lot better coaching.
    Last edited by Minniman; 01-20-2014 at 02:14 PM.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    If Zimmer comes in, and the first thing that happens is he trades the fan favourite, franchise RB and one of the greatest players of all time, he'll be run out of town with pitchforks and torches.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    If Zimmer comes in, and the first thing that happens is he trades the fan favourite, franchise RB and one of the greatest players of all time, he'll be run out of town with pitchforks and torches.
    Unless he can make a Walker type deal, and I do not expect a team to give up two or three number ones for Peterson.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Unless he can make a Walker type deal, and I do not expect a team to give up two or three number ones for Peterson.
    The only team stupid enough to give up that much is the Vikings. Unfortunately we can't trade with ourselves.

Nobody is giving up two firsts for AP. A guy pushing 30, with an already torn up knee, facing yet another offseason surgery (3 in a row now), who has a history of being banged up all while having a $100+ million contract is not going to get a whole lot in return.

He's worth FAR more to us as a player than what his market value is.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Or a Harvin type deal.

We will never let him go

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Spielman, not Zimmer would be making that trade. Fans are pointing to the Walker & Moss trade as to why we shouldn't trade AD, but must have forgotten most recently they were bragging about the Harvin trade. Don't they trust Spielman making a good trade again? After all, look what he did with that trade & the past 2 drafts.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The only team stupid enough to give up that much is the Vikings. Unfortunately we can't trade with ourselves.
    Agreed.

Nobody is giving up two firsts for AP. A guy pushing 30, with an already torn up knee, facing yet another offseason surgery (3 in a row now), who has a history of being banged up all while having a $100+ million contract is not going to get a whole lot in return.
    You are making a stronger case for dumping him than keeping him, even if we get little in return.

He's worth FAR more to us as a player than what his market value is.
    Read your paragraph above and then reconsider his real(not his perceived) value.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Spielman, not Zimmer would be making that trade. Fans are pointing to the Walker & Moss trade as to why we shouldn't trade AD, but must have forgotten most recently they were bragging about the Harvin trade. Don't they trust Spielman making a good trade again? After all, look what he did with that trade & the past 2 drafts.
    I realize that, but there's no way he puts Zimmer in that kind of position. While the more knowledgable fans should know it's Spielman's call, ultimately, the state of minnesota will riot if we bring in a new HC andi t's percieved he trades away the best player in our history.

The Harvin trade was a great trade. Had we traded AP for that value, I wouldn't be saying that. Patterson is not much of a dropoff from Harvin, with higher potential, plus Harvin was a headcase who can't stay healthy. IMO what we got for Harvin is the max we'd get for AP

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast