Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Peterson?

Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie

Trade Peterson?

I know, I know, the idea makes me sick to my stomach too. I just think a team with no franchise QB and so many holes needs to at least consider it with his value still high. So what would it take, and would anybody actually give it up?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, that worked so damn well when we traded Moss that it would be stupid to not consider doing it all over again.

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Yeah, that worked so damn well when we traded Moss that it would be stupid to not consider doing it all over again.
    You forgot the Herschel Walker trade too

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Oh no I didn't. That is just not apples to apples. The other problem is that we were the only team stupid enough to do the Walker trade and since we can't trade with ourselves there is no chance we can pull off a deal like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Oh no I didn't. That is just not apples to apples. The other problem is that we were the only team stupid enough to do the Walker trade and since we can't trade with ourselves there is no chance we can pull off a deal like that.
    The really stupid part of the Moss trade was when they used that pick to replace Moss with Williamson. I'd say the Moss trade isn't apples to apples either, considering where this Vikings team is, but let's go with that. #7 pick, a young above average defender, and a 7th rounder. If that 7th could be a 3rd, I'd do it. They'd have three 3rd rounders...ammo to move up. I would only do this if the coaches really think the right QB is in this draft though. They could get the QB, top shelf defensive talent with #8, and still have multiple day 2 picks to rebuild the defense. Add a couple pieces via free agency. No doubt losing Peterson would hurt but I don't think they are going anywhere with that defense anyhow.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    There is no way AP gets traded.

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    There is no way AP gets traded.
    You probably are right...I just get a little draft/FA fever once the Vikes season is done. Trying to be realistic but I really don't think anyone would give the kind of package we'd want, for any RB.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I would trade him to GB for Rodgers. We have seen Rodgers win a SB without a RB, but we haven't seen AD win a SB without a QB. Imagine Rodgers on this team with a stout defense? Call me crazy, but I want to see the Vikes win the SB in my lifetime.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Trade Peterson?

Why trade tha best RB in tha league and u just got sum nice coaches if Turner can have success in Minn like he did other places tha vikings might be alright and get tha right player on defense threw free agency and tha draft this is a way betta team and Zimmer is a good defensive mind coach

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Turner had fantastic success with two of the best RBs of all time. Soon to be three.

He's never had a truly "Elite" QB to make his scheme tick. In Dallas, he had Aikman, who is a hall of famer, but one can argue he was not an "elite" QB the way guys like Brady, Manning, Rodgers or Brees, or even Montana, Young, Marino or Elway were "Elite". He's had Rivers, who like Aikman, was on the cusp. The difference from Aikman, is Rivers has never won a superbowl. He had Frerotte in Washington, and god knows who in Oakland. (upon further Review, Rich Gannon, Kerry Collins and Marques Tiasusuopo) (While we're talking about Oakland, did you know that since the Vikings have existed, they've had 18 different head coaches? with Art shell getting the nod twice. Since 1990 they'v ehad the same number the Vikings have had. Glad I'm not a fan of that franchise.)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast