Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hell, Camarillo had a better game than Percy yesterday.

=Z=
    Camarillo had a better game with Ponder throwing him the ball as will Percy when he's healthy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Just to put it in perspective, he is averaging 4 catches and 40 yards a game.

That puts him on a pace for 64 catches and 640 yards for the season. That is really not all that impressive when you look at it. His career averages are not significantly different either. If he is really going to be of value we should be looking at closer to 100 repts and 1200 yards.

This is not a fair assessment in any way:

1. Through six games who was throwing the ball to him? Or more accurately who was throwing the ball behind him or at his feet? Case in point, how many catches/yards did Percy have with the likes of T-Joke and Sage and the rest of the scrub Qb's over the last few years? Even Favre last year for that matter. Now, how many catches/yards did he have when Favre was on his game in 09? Percy was a machine, even with his migraine issues. Those issues have been resolved for the most part to a large extent anyways.
    How productive was Sydney with the same scrub Qb's? Not very. How productive was he when he had Favre drilling him in stride in 09? Big time difference. Night and day.
    My point is he's only had one season with a qb that could regularly hit him in stride. Ya he's had migraine issues but seems to be a lot better now with that issue. He's got bruised up ribs now but who wouldn't with the effort he gives to get the extra yards and fight like he does.

2. How can anyone be talking about trading him before we see what he can do with Ponder slinging balls to him? It may be a dynamite combo for all we know, and I tend to think it will be a God send for Ponder for short dump offs and shallow/intermediate routes.

3. He's the best kick returner we've had around these parts in a long time. I saw him run back one at the niners game in 09 and it was awesome. Who's going to take that job? Camarillo? I think not.

4. He's one of the most dangerous players in space in the league and that is how he is built to play this game. Donny and his crappy throws were enough to slow/stop his momentum on a lot of throws, which in my opinion contributed greatly to his lack of yards/yac. He's designed to get the ball in space and turn on the jets while keeping his speed up. See Favre 09.

5. He's arguably the fastest guy on the team on a team without much explosiveness other than AP. Camarillo- nope Berrian-what Berrian Cook- jail Arom- he's fairly quick Jenkins- not so much This is kind of tied in with his kick returning duties.

6. What are we going to get for him? He is sort of a high risk/ high reward player with an uncertain future as far as migraines go. I don't think at this point without another year or two of playing time, will any team be able to make an accurate health assessment of him which sort of puts him in the high risk department.

7. Who is going to take his place if we don't get a good slot receiver in trade? Camarillo? He's getting slower by the minute, and will be down to Yoda speed by this time next year.

8. You gotta admit Percy is a cool name.

In summary, I think we should let this year play out with him and Ponder and I think we will all be pleasantly surprised except me.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

MossMems is offline Rookie
    I wonder if alot pg PH's problems are neurological. He doesnt seem able to complete a game. At some point, we have to face the fact that one of out big named player will probably be let go. As long as it isnt AD or JA.

rideout is offline Waterboy
    I agree with trading percy also should trade peterson, jared allen, rudolph and ponder for a 7th round pick. this is the dumbest post yet

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Camarillo? He's getting slower by the minute, and will be down to Yoda speed by this time next year.
    Yoda vs Count Dooku Star Wars Episode II - YouTube

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    The only way you trade Percy is if management concludes that Musgrave is too incompetent to incorporate him in the offense. The jury is still out on this one.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    7. Who is going to take his place if we don't get a good slot receiver in trade? Camarillo? He's getting slower by the minute, and will be down to Yoda speed by this time next year.
    IBP beat me to it, but I'll take yoda speed any day. BAxe thinks Yoda is slow and that there are 12 rounds in the NFL draft. Time to adjust the ole spreadsheet.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    2 catches for 15 yards and 2 rushes for 8 yards is what "40 minutes of very good all around football" got the Vikings yesterday, dude.

Maybe you need to stop watching the games from the press box.

=Z=
    Yea, you're absolutely right. We should simply cut our losses with Harvin & stay with Berrian who has 20 less catches than Harvin & 185 less yards!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    IBP beat me to it, but I'll take yoda speed any day. BAxe thinks Yoda is slow and that there are 12 rounds in the NFL draft. Time to adjust the ole spreadsheet.
    You guys brighten up my day I tell ya.

By the way I was referring to Yoda in his retirement years when he was living in a swamp down by the river!
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234