Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

trade for kirk cousins, brain hoyer or trade up

Should tha trade for hoyer or cousin and give up a draft pick and ponder or trade up for a QB and get it ova wit or just give cassel more money. They should trade up for a QB and fix wat they can this year threw free agency and tha draft and give Zimmer time

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Eye think thay shood trade there whole draft fer one guy and blow the hole dern thing up. SB homeboie.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Tha need ta draft a QB ragardless, so tha best option is ta bring Cassel back. I don't see anoder way werkin to be honest.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    OK, stop that!!

It is hard enough to struggle through ONE post written badly, but if everyone is going to do it, I might stab my eyes out with my soda straw.

If we are going to draft a diamond-in-the-rough QB, then we need a veteran QB for next year; and Hoyer=Cousins=Cassel=Freeman in that situation, IMO. Any of those guys will work for the short term, as long as we have a definitive heir-apparent.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    las weak I cuddnt spell Vikings, now I is won!!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Say no to trade ups as there is no really lock in this Draft. Pleanty of talent but no real star.
    I believe we should sit still. We are in a win win situation because

1) There is a run on QBs and at pick #8, 4 are already gone.
    This is great for us because it means that of the top 8 players in the draft, 3 or more were over drafted. We should have fair pickings at the best player at many positions without issues. We could even trade back a few picks and still have a shot at the best player at a position.

2) There isn't a run on QBs and only 1 or 2 are selected. Many other teams decide to wait till round 2..

Even better prospect. We can take one of the better Qbs at pick 8 or trade back with someone way in the end of the draft for an extra 2nd rounder. We still leap frog the other guys that have decide to wait until the 2nd round and we end up with 5 picks in 3 rounds.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Say no to trade ups as there is no really lock in this Draft. Pleanty of talent but no real star.
    I believe we should sit still. We are in a win win situation because

1) There is a run on QBs and at pick #8, 4 are already gone.
    This is great for us because it means that of the top 8 players in the draft, 3 or more were over drafted. We should have fair pickings at the best player at many positions without issues. We could even trade back a few picks and still have a shot at the best player at a position.

2) There isn't a run on QBs and only 1 or 2 are selected. Many other teams decide to wait till round 2..

Even better prospect. We can take one of the better Qbs at pick 8 or trade back with someone way in the end of the draft for an extra 2nd rounder. We still leap frog the other guys that have decide to wait until the 2nd round and we end up with 5 picks in 3 rounds.
    Agree with KC here. If four of first seven picks are QBs, at least one of Clowney/Mack/Watkins/Barr will still be on the board, along with Mosely, Dennard, Gilbert, Nix, Ealy that could maybe still be had with a trade-down. None of the QBs are worth trading up for (well, not more than one spot, if that). Not even sure I'd go QB if only three are off the board.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    Agree with KC here. If four of first seven picks are QBs, at least one of Clowney/Mack/Watkins/Barr will still be on the board, along with Mosely, Dennard, Gilbert, Nix, Ealy that could maybe still be had with a trade-down. None of the QBs are worth trading up for (well, not more than one spot, if that). Not even sure I'd go QB if only three are off the board.
    The only QB's I would consider at #8 in the first round are Bridgewater and Bortles. I would not trade up for either of them. If Bridgewater and Bortles are both gone, I would suggest going best available defensive player at #8. Then, trade up from #40 to #22 - #32 in the first round and pick the best available remaining QB. Draft best available player after that, and use free agency to fill in the remaining "holes" on the roster.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

trade for kirk cousins, brain hoyer or trade up

Wat will tha vikings have to give up to trade wit tha jags for tha 3rd pick

Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    Wat will tha vikings have to give up to trade wit tha jags for tha 3rd pick
    A lot...something like two 2nds and a 3rd to switch 1st round spots. And the Jags probably want that pick anyhow because they need a QB. HOU and StL at #1 and #2 seem the most inclined to trade down from what I've read.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast