Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Re: Trade Culpepper!!!

and birk has played 12 games in 2 seasons... he should be used to playing without him by now.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Wait wait wait. Do this, hell do it in madden, you'll even see a diference there.

Peyton Manning
    1) Take his offensive cordinator away, give him loney
    2) Give him Dauntes Oline
    3) Take away his QB coach who he likes so much

Watch him run for life...

"PatWilliamsBelly" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    If I were a vikings fan, i'd be VERY upset at the how inconsistant Culpepper is. I mean how can you go from having the 5th best season ever by a QB, to looking completely lost out there? You can't blame it all on Matt Birk and Moss. Hell you can't even blame that on Linehan being gone. He loses his composure once he's pressured, and that's something he didn't do last year. I don't think Culpepper has the confidence in a Randy-less team. I mean when you have the most dangerous WR down the field every play and he's an option, that has to be comforting. Now that he's gone, so is the comfort level. He needs a fresh new start IMO, but maybe a simple coaching change would help that.
    Are you crazy man? Birk is one if not the best Center in the league then he looses the most explosive WR in the history of the game. THEN he looses his QB coach and mentor. Come on now use your dome.
    So you're saying he doens't have the confidence he had last year... didn't I just say that? :lol:

Being able to handle pressure has nothing to do with your QB coach, offensive coordinator, WR or head coach.
    Can you honestly say that if you lost everything he lost in one offseason's time that any QB would come back with the same confidence as the year before.... I think not.

I do believe it does have something to do with the coaching, the pass was to verticle, when brad took over i think he convinced them to go to a shorter passing scheme in order to stop the heavy blitzing.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

As I've been saying most of the year, Pep has had to run for his life all season long. That has had a tremendous affect on him. The problem is he doesn't know how to overcome it. Even last year he still had 12 INTs. Towards the end of the year he wasn't one of the most consistent QBs.

Listen,
    I would love to see Pep come back and be better than ever before. The fact of the matter is he has an injury that most do not come back from. That in itself is worth looking elsewhere. The other fact of the matter is even though he has made the probowl 3 times doesn't make him a great QB. It makes him a respected QB because of his talent and statistics by the midway point of the season. He is easily rattled and is prone to mistakes. Sorry but that's the facts. You get a supposed "over the hill" QB in there like BJ and all of the sudden they are winning. Is it because BJ is better than Pep? I would say no. However, BJ can handle not having a decent front line and he reads defenses better. He doesn't have to have the huge stats to win. He's been getting the job done. To me, that's what matters.

"ejmat" wrote:
    As I've been saying most of the year, Pep has had to run for his life all season long. That has had a tremendous affect on him. The problem is he doesn't know how to overcome it. Even last year he still had 12 INTs. Towards the end of the year he wasn't one of the most consistent QBs.

Listen,
    I would love to see Pep come back and be better than ever before. The fact of the matter is he has an injury that most do not come back from. That in itself is worth looking elsewhere. The other fact of the matter is even though he has made the probowl 3 times doesn't make him a great QB. It makes him a respected QB because of his talent and statistics by the midway point of the season. He is easily rattled and is prone to mistakes. Sorry but that's the facts. You get a supposed "over the hill" QB in there like BJ and all of the sudden they are winning. Is it because BJ is better than Pep? I would say no. However, BJ can handle not having a decent front line and he reads defenses better. He doesn't have to have the huge stats to win. He's been getting the job done. To me, that's what matters.
    Yeah but i'm talking future, i'm glad BJ is the QB right now BUT we can't keep relying on 38 year old QB's to win us games, and i dont think starting over with another young qb (rivers) is a very good idea. Remeber pepp is still relativily young and learning the game as he goes. He has progressed over the years, do we want to to start with another young guy or stick with pepp and hope he overcomes adversity.

By the way i'm pretty sure culpepper will make it back, he's a millionaire, he's got the best doctors and trainers in world working to get him back on the field. Plus he's got that passion to get back out on the field and prove people wrong.

See willis mcgahee, same injury.... takes a hit evertime he touches the ball and keeps ticking.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"amth" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    He has a right to his opinions. It's the personal attacks we can all do without.
    again... i'm the one being called names here... not the other way around.
    I was refering to amth Pat.

yet patwilliamsbelly is a perfect example of what happens here

he stated his views and was attacked, just like what happended to me, so it is common here to attack those that have a different view then others

and hell yes i say trade peps if we can get something good for him, he is prone to fumbles and makes alot of bad decisions
    It's going to happen every time. Think about it.

A new guy comes in here brandishing a Vikings name, with his favorite player being Brett Favre & on his very 1st post states we should trade C-Pep for Favre.

Especially right after we swept the Pack.

Naturally, Vikings fans are going to jump all over him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"amth" wrote:
    i know, do u think peps is worth the money though?

i know last year was amazing but he just looked lost out there this year
    Yes he did. My question is, if he lost some of his confidence or was trying to hard to make something happen & made mistakes, where was the QB coach?

Shouldn't he be there to coach DC to help him regain his confidence?

Shouldn't Loney have called for the short passes in his game plan to help out the situation?

What I saw from the coaches was a lot of runs & long passes.

We all know what DC is capable of doing. To trade him now when the price tag is low would be a mistake.

He certainly is going to have more great years & I for one do not want to risk having that happen while he's on another team.

Troy is young & he'll be the speedster we need to make the long ball work again.

Our QB coach certainly didn't do anything to help the situation IMO.

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    Ok I have just reviewed all of PatWilliamsBelly...
    :shock: I sure hope you stopped at the belly 6! J/K! :grin:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

If I were a vikings fan, i'd be VERY upset at the how inconsistant Culpepper is...He loses his composure once he's pressured...
    Sounds like what Farve did last year when we spanked his ass in the playoffs...throwing that underhanded pass beyond the line of scrimmage and all those INTs...I guess the Pack should have gotten rid of him as well! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Amth/PatWilliamsBelly are no longer members.

Trolling and then confirming it with another account is rock solid proof.

See ya troll.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213