Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    But if we would trade him to the Giants just think of all those Jersey Girls he could be banging. It would open him to a world of possibilities.
    AD banging Snookie. That would make for an interesting headline.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Abe Froman is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    STFU, Tom. We are having a bad season, but it's not like we need to go into full retard mode over it.
    Trying out some new forums since I got my ip banned on Purple Chat 2 weeks ago...

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Why do people think (Powers) that a trade from the 80s will take place again today.....Vikings traded Moss and got a player and a pick, running backs don't have the value they once did (Colts got nothing for Manning, Packer got little and the Jets got nothing for Favre they we're franchise QB's), salary cap is another issue a team picking up Peterson has to have the room for him and the Vikings need to have the room to absorb his remaining prorated signing bonus that comes due when he's traded. Vikings have zero space after bring Freeman on board. Also when the Browns made their trade Richardson was on his rookie contract which made him easier to move and they lost all the value they gave up to move up to trade for him for what will be a late first round pick. Guess there really should be an article Tom Powers should be fired and replace with first year journalism student or internet poster that might possible recognise a detail or two.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    It might be too early to pull the trigger on such a trade with Freeman getting ready to show what he can do. But if he flames out this year, we must admit that the trade Peterson argument does have at least some merit. AD is going to be good for probably a max of four years, but therein lies his trade value. If we have to rebuild, might as well start from scratch and add the extra picks. A franchise RB is no longer the formula to win in the NFL and a team only needs to be good in the run department, not necessarily great. Yes, we like AD, he may be my favorite player that's ever played for the Vikings due to his comitment to come back from the knee and his manner of play. But players come and players go. I'm not saying trade him, I'm just saying we shouldn't disregard it altogether.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    I don't think a trade would give us the same value as Adrian does to this team.

I think the discussion should be around new coaches and worry about the players once a new staff is in place. Once there is a direction with this franchise, then trades might make sense.

Running the ball is still very key in today's NFL no matter how much fantasy football would tell us otherwise. Problem is for us right now is we are not doing anything well including running the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    If we have to rebuild.....
    Re-build? We never stopped rebuilding after Childress gutted the team & staff. Then Frazier tried to finish what Childress started with a few ideas & coaches of his own & then Spielman started knocking down what was started & is doing it his way. Now Zygi will probably have yet another HC next year, his 4th in 10 years and we'll go in yet another direction.
    Last edited by singersp; 10-18-2013 at 11:00 AM.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yeah. Wrong.

Compensatory pick.

=Z=
    Good Point there Zeus. That huge salary nearly guarantees that Jared is worth a 3rd compensatory pick by just letting him walk away. Unless? We sign a similar player? Don't they balance out...?

And, I'm not saying we should trade Peterson, I was just throwing out a highball point that might make me think about it a little.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    I am not sure I am willing to go into firesale mode as of yet. You still have a fanbase to keep happy.

That being said, should be entertain offers? Certainly, but they better be Hershel like. Remember we did just trade away Percy, so trading away another big name or two will likely not send a positive message.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I don't think a trade would give us the same value as Adrian does to this team.

I think the discussion should be around new coaches and worry about the players once a new staff is in place. Once there is a direction with this franchise, then trades might make sense.

Running the ball is still very key in today's NFL no matter how much fantasy football would tell us otherwise. Problem is for us right now is we are not doing anything well including running the ball.
    I think poor drafting after the first round, and picking up refuse of the NFL type, free agents at times, has left this team lacking in depth.
    Every team has stars, but it seems the over all quality of the non-star, journeymen type players are crucial to a teams success.
    I doubt trading Peterson would yield enough in draft picks or cap relief to have a significant impact on improving the over all depth or quality of this team.
    Other than doing Peterson a favor, there is no scenario where it makes sense to trade him.
    Are people really discussing trading last year's MVP ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast