Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    As for trading AP:

I would never trade Adrian Peterson in a million years. Not for 10 first round draft picks. You can all take the Jim Irsay way out, but I'll take the heart and soul of the franchise. That man has done things for us that are priceless. I can't believe so many would trade that for for a kid who has never played a down of professional football. He deserves a lot better than that from his fans. Even in hypothetical scenarios. We are all sick of losing. But that seems ridiculous to even talk about.
    But if we would trade him to the Giants just think of all those Jersey Girls he could be banging. It would open him to a world of possibilities.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I have no problem trading Jared Allen at all! But he's an expiring contract so his salary is just as valuable to us. Why net let him go to FA and re-sign Griffen for Robison territory (7M). That leaves us 7M to play with and we will obviously have a top 10 draft pick next year. Package picks for the QB we want or let one fall to us. If we want Bridgewater, we could go up for him. If Spielman falls in love with a guy like Hundley or Boyd we will likely stay put. We could either trade for a guy like Josh Gordon or Jairus Byrd, or sign a big name FA for the defense with our remaining cap space.

Or we could stop fucking around and make a road-trip to Hattiesburg already
    How is his salary valuable? That money is available to the team next year whether we trade him this year or not. The difference is if we trade him we get picks and if we let him walk we get nothing. I would rather have something than nothing.

Not sure about Hattiesburg but maybe we could check into whether McNabb would want to come back and play lol.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Trade with Cowboys?

Trade Allen. Why not make another jersey I own worthless.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    How is his salary valuable? That money is available to the team next year whether we trade him this year or not. The difference is if we trade him we get picks and if we let him walk we get nothing. I would rather have something than nothing.

Not sure about Hattiesburg but maybe we could check into whether McNabb would want to come back and play lol.
    Donovan McNabb could be as big as Shaun King and I would still start him over Christian Ponder lol. I wouldn't trade Allen because I'd hope he'd strike out in FA for big money and come home for a home discount / retirement deal. Much better than a mid level draft pick. But at this point I wouldn't hesitate trying to get a 2nd or something.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Got to look at them separately...

I think Peterson is too valuable to the franchise from a business sense...good PR (usually) and tons of jersey sales. You would have to get too much to even consider it...IDK, roughly, maybe 2 first round picks and a 2nd this year and another first next year might make me think about trading him. Three years of one extra first each would be a harder sell in my mind, unless there was additional picks tied to a sliding scale based on where that team picked each year, ie, if their pick was 20+, an extra 3rd, it its 25+ an extra 2nd...? Basically, I'm hoping nobody offers a package that big for AD.

Jared Allen? Different story entirely. I don't see much chance he's a Viking next year anyway, cuz there will be bigger offers from more superbowl ready teams. I don't blame him either. IF we could get a late first or even a late 2 + 3, I'd do that in a heart beat.

Of course, these are two of my favorite Vikings ever, and they have both done lots of good things for us, I'd feel compelled to try to make sure they approve of the move too before even "letting the cat out of the bag" that we'd even talked about it.

And who knows!? Maybe, Freeman actually makes a difference...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    You have all lost your minds. Yes, we need a franchise QB. No, we don't need to trade the best player in our franchise history to make it happen.
    I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe that players cannot be traded once they've retired and moved on to a career in the Minnesota Supreme Court.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Jared Allen is gone after this year one way or another. Why let him walk for nothing if we can get something for him right now.
    If Jared Allens leaves via FA after the 2013 season, the Vikings will be awarded with a compensatory pick in the 2015 draft which, I assume, will be at the end of the 3rd round.

So - is getting a 5th-rounder in 2014 better than a 3rd-rounder in 2015?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I think Peterson is too valuable to the franchise from a business sense...good PR (usually) and tons of jersey sales. You would have to get too much to even consider it...IDK, roughly, maybe 2 first round picks and a 2nd this year and another first next year might make me think about trading him. Three years of one extra first each would be a harder sell in my mind, unless there was additional picks tied to a sliding scale based on where that team picked each year, ie, if their pick was 20+, an extra 3rd, it its 25+ an extra 2nd...? Basically, I'm hoping nobody offers a package that big for AD.
    LOL. You are SERIOUSLY over-estimating what a 28-year-old RB will bring in trade. No matter how good he is.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Jared Allen? Different story entirely. I don't see much chance he's a Viking next year anyway, cuz there will be bigger offers from more superbowl ready teams. I don't blame him either. IF we could get a late first or even a late 2 + 3, I'd do that in a heart beat.
    No one will offer anything better than a 4th-rounder - TOPS - for Jared Allen. He was bad last year and he ain't been good this year.

=Z=

Yeah. Wrong.

Compensatory pick.

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    No one will offer anything better than a 4th-rounder - TOPS - for Jared Allen. He was bad last year and he ain't been good this year.

=Z=
    Did the grammar Nazi just use the word "ain't"?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast