Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46
  1. #11
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    And I thought I was the optimist!! There is only two teams that are willing to trade away their future for ONE player; the Raiders don't have the draft picks due to that stupidity, and we root for the other team.
    LMAO. I was thinking the same thing but if you are going to dream you might as well dream big.

  2. #12
    smegmavike is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    And I thought I was the optimist!! There is only two teams that are willing to trade away their future for ONE player; the Raiders don't have the draft picks due to that stupidity, and we root for the other team.
    Really ! You do realize no matter how pathetic the Raiders seem to be, they have a Lombardi in their trophy case. Who did they beat to win the superbowl ?

    Sorry, no matter how goofy Al Davis became in the end, the Vikings still don't measure up.

  3. #13
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I think we should bundle AP and JA for draft picks. Lots of draft picks.
    Time to trade AD while he still has value & we are headed into our 8th year of rebuilding with no future franchise QB on the roster.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #14
    drewlovs's Avatar
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Really ! You do realize no matter how pathetic the Raiders seem to be, they have a Lombardi in their trophy case. Who did they beat to win the superbowl ?

    Sorry, no matter how goofy Al Davis became in the end, the Vikings still don't measure up.
    When Al started making goofy trades and buying Superbowl MVPs, he became irrelevant.

    The man had an eye for rookie talent (see Pryor, his last draft pick before he passed), but he ruined his team with free agency. He was just awful in seeing the difference between over performing and future talent.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

    ~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

  5. #15
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I think we should bundle AP and JA for draft picks. Lots of draft picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Time to trade AD while he still has value & we are headed into our 8th year of rebuilding with no future franchise QB on the roster.
    You have all lost your minds. Yes, we need a franchise QB. No, we don't need to trade the best player in our franchise history to make it happen. Draft one in the first round or trade for a proven champion like Ben Roethlisberger. It doesn't take 5 years to groom a starter. It just takes 5 years to run out of excuses. It should take us less than 2 seasons to figure out if we have the right guy or not. We don't need to blow this up completely every time we miss on a draft pick. How long have the Browns, Cardinals, and Jaguars been "rebuilding"?
    Last edited by MulletMullitia; 10-16-2013 at 11:51 AM.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  6. #16
    Abe Froman's Avatar
    Abe Froman is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    You have all lost your minds. Yes, we need a franchise QB. No, we don't need to trade the best player in our franchise history to make it happen. Draft one in the first round or trade for a proven champion like Ben Roethlisberger. It doesn't take 5 years to groom a starter. It just takes 5 years to run out of excuses. It should take us less than 2 seasons to figure out if we have the right guy or not. We don't need to blow this up completely every time we miss on a draft pick. How long have the Browns, Cardinals, and Jaguars been "rebuilding"?
    Trying out some new forums since I got my ip banned on Purple Chat 2 weeks ago...

  7. #17
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I think we should bundle AP and JA for draft picks. Lots of draft picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Time to trade AD while he still has value & we are headed into our 8th year of rebuilding with no future franchise QB on the roster.
    You have all lost your minds. Yes, we need a franchise QB. No, we don't need to trade the best player in our franchise history to make it happen. Draft one in the first round or trade for a proven champion like Ben Roethlisberger. It doesn't take 5 years to groom a starter. It just takes 5 years to run out of excuses. It should take us less than 2 seasons to figure out if we have the right guy or not. We don't need to blow this up completely every time we miss on a draft pick. How long have the Browns, Cardinals, and Jaguars been "rebuilding"?
    Jared Allen is gone after this year one way or another. Why let him walk for nothing if we can get something for him right now.

    We are not making the playoffs anyway.

  8. #18
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Jared Allen is gone after this year one way or another. Why let him walk for nothing if we can get something for him right now.

    We are not making the playoffs anyway.
    I have no problem trading Jared Allen at all! But he's an expiring contract so his salary is just as valuable to us. Why net let him go to FA and re-sign Griffen for Robison territory (7M). That leaves us 7M to play with and we will obviously have a top 10 draft pick next year. Package picks for the QB we want or let one fall to us. If we want Bridgewater, we could go up for him. If Spielman falls in love with a guy like Hundley or Boyd we will likely stay put. We could either trade for a guy like Josh Gordon or Jairus Byrd, or sign a big name FA for the defense with our remaining cap space.

    Or we could stop fucking around and make a road-trip to Hattiesburg already

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  9. #19
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    As for trading AP:

    I would never trade Adrian Peterson in a million years. Not for 10 first round draft picks. You can all take the Jim Irsay way out, but I'll take the heart and soul of the franchise. That man has done things for us that are priceless. I can't believe so many would trade that for for a kid who has never played a down of professional football. He deserves a lot better than that from his fans. Even in hypothetical scenarios. We are all sick of losing. But that seems ridiculous to even talk about.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  10. #20
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    As for trading AP:

    I would never trade Adrian Peterson in a million years. Not for 10 first round draft picks. You can all take the Jim Irsay way out, but I'll take the heart and soul of the franchise. That man has done things for us that are priceless. I can't believe so many would trade that for for a kid who has never played a down of professional football. He deserves a lot better than that from his fans. Even in hypothetical scenarios. We are all sick of losing. But that seems ridiculous to even talk about.
    Preach on brother!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •