Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Abe Froman is offline Rookie

Lightbulb Trade with Cowboys?

First of all I'll preface this by saying the Cowboys have already gone on the record by saying they aren't looking to trade for Dline help through a trade.

Cowboys not looking to trade for defensive line help | ProFootballTalk

But; I gotta think they'd at least be interested in Allen if we approached them with a trade. The trick is making the contracts work. Let's be honest with ourselves here, we are out of it this year, and without and act of God occurring we are not making the playoffs. Allen is not likely resigned next season, so why not try to get something for him?

Maybe workout something with the Cowboys netting us the underachieving Claiborne, and some other sort of contract filler stuff. Idk, It's just a thought.
    Trying out some new forums since I got my ip banned on Purple Chat 2 weeks ago...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I think we should bundle AP and JA for draft picks. Lots of draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I could be on board with doing that if it was for the right picks. The problem is the contracts. There is nobody at this point in the season who has that much cap space. Also, contenders would be the likely targets for that sort of move. The non-contending teams are in the same boat as us. I wouldn't want to trade AP for picks in the later first and second rounds.

If we did move him to a contender for picks and whatever, it would be a similar sort of move as the Wolves did with KG. The move would bring back some hope that we can make a quick reload of talent to better the team, and out of fairness to a great player, give him the opportunity to win a championship. Good PR for the Vikings. I don't think we are there yet. If this crappy season can net another good draft, and hopefully a franchise QB, we are contenders. It's a big if, but I don't think we bail on AP just yet. Allen and KWill are different stories. If they can bring back some high potential talent and/or maybe a mid-round pick or two (3rd-5th) it might be worth it.
    Trying out some new forums since I got my ip banned on Purple Chat 2 weeks ago...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    H.Walker not equal to AP.

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    H.Walker not equal to AP.
    Because AP's not crazy?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
    I could be on board with doing that if it was for the right picks. The problem is the contracts. There is nobody at this point in the season who has that much cap space. Also, contenders would be the likely targets for that sort of move. The non-contending teams are in the same boat as us. I wouldn't want to trade AP for picks in the later first and second rounds.

If we did move him to a contender for picks and whatever, it would be a similar sort of move as the Wolves did with KG. The move would bring back some hope that we can make a quick reload of talent to better the team, and out of fairness to a great player, give him the opportunity to win a championship. Good PR for the Vikings. I don't think we are there yet. If this crappy season can net another good draft, and hopefully a franchise QB, we are contenders. It's a big if, but I don't think we bail on AP just yet. Allen and KWill are different stories. If they can bring back some high potential talent and/or maybe a mid-round pick or two (3rd-5th) it might be worth it.
    More than likely we would also need to take some players with contracts that would offset some of the cost of what we sent them. Not quite sure how it works but my guess is they could send us picks plus players they can spare who are eating up cap space.

We could throw Carlson in for good measure....

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    And I thought I was the optimist!! There is only two teams that are willing to trade away their future for ONE player; the Raiders don't have the draft picks due to that stupidity, and we root for the other team.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    And I thought I was the optimist!! There is only two teams that are willing to trade away their future for ONE player; the Raiders don't have the draft picks due to that stupidity, and we root for the other team.
    burn

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    You would have moved up some notchs on my spreadsheet if i had one
    El underdog.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    What? Our team isn't crappy enough this year? Lets just trade away our best players for unknown, unproven draft picks. That would be a NO vote from me.

WWBGD

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast