Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    carta4eva's Avatar
    carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    549

    The trade for bollinger

    we gave up CJ mosley and a sixth rounder for this scrub, the other night mosley had 5 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles, and I heard that he is pushing for a starting role on their D.

    Way to give up solid depth behind the Williamses, for a scrub! :

    p.s. the whole reason behind this rant is because of scrambling we've done the last month or so for DT depth
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: The trade for bollinger

    I never really liked that trade either.

  3. #3
    Capital_J's Avatar
    Capital_J is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    131

    Re: The trade for bollinger

    Yep I said it at the time and still think that was a stupid trade. Bollinger is no better than a third QB and never will be. Mosely filled in admirably for Kevin Williams when he was hurt and now we are still looking for a back-up DT and signing guys like Fred Evans. Stupid trade.
    www.capitaljscorner.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: The trade for bollinger

    "carta4eva" wrote:
    we gave up CJ mosley and a sixth rounder for this scrub, the other night mosley had 5 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles, and I heard that he is pushing for a starting role on their D.

    Way to give up solid depth behind the Williamses, for a scrub! :

    p.s. the whole reason behind this rant is because of scrambling we've done the last month or so for DT depth

    i knew that was a bad trade when we did it

  5. #5
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: The trade for bollinger

    LMAO! Pretty easy call in retrospect. How about saying the Viking screwed up when Fran Tarkenton went to the Giants.
    I don't disagree. I just don't know what your point is.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  6. #6
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: The trade for bollinger

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    LMAO! Pretty easy call in retrospect. How about saying the Viking screwed up when Fran Tarkenton went to the Giants.
    I don't disagree. I just don't know what your point is.
    Good point.


  7. #7
    carta4eva's Avatar
    carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    549

    Re: The trade for bollinger

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    LMAO! Pretty easy call in retrospect. How about saying the Viking screwed up when Fran Tarkenton went to the Giants.
    I don't disagree. I just don't know what your point is.
    no point really, just saw some of those sacks Mosley made the other night, and saw the stink all over that trade
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

  8. #8
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: The trade for bollinger

    "carta4eva" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    LMAO! Pretty easy call in retrospect. How about saying the Viking screwed up when Fran Tarkenton went to the Giants.
    I don't disagree. I just don't know what your point is.
    no point really, just saw some of those sacks Mosley made the other night, and saw the stink all over that trade
    Well, I really liked CJ too. But not much we can do about it now. Bollinger was a desperation trade made at the last minute because McMann didn't work out. Bollinger was/is better than McMann.He's just not NFL caliber.
    Funny how the same thing happened again this year with Holcumb.
    The difference is, they didn't have to give up a promising young player to get what appears to finally be a quality backup QB.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  9. #9
    carta4eva's Avatar
    carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    549

    Re: The trade for bollinger

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    LMAO! Pretty easy call in retrospect. How about saying the Viking screwed up when Fran Tarkenton went to the Giants.
    I don't disagree. I just don't know what your point is.
    no point really, just saw some of those sacks Mosley made the other night, and saw the stink all over that trade
    Well, I really liked CJ too. But not much we can do about it now. Bollinger was a desperation trade made at the last minute because McMann didn't work out. Bollinger was/is better than McMann.He's just not NFL caliber.
    Funny how the same thing happened again this year with Holcumb.
    The difference is, they didn't have to give up a promising young player to get what appears to finally be a quality backup QB.
    true dat, also Holcomb has been successful when having to fill in for a few games like he did in Cleveland, He struggled in Buffalo because he was the starter there before Losman... but definately a Competant back up plan should TJACK get hurt
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

  10. #10
    thevikingfan's Avatar
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,489

    Re: The trade for bollinger

    "carta4eva" wrote:
    we gave up CJ mosley and a sixth rounder for this scrub, the other night mosley had 5 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles, and I heard that he is pushing for a starting role on their D.

    Way to give up solid depth behind the Williamses, for a scrub! :

    p.s. the whole reason behind this rant is because of scrambling we've done the last month or so for DT depth
    i said the exact same thing a when we traded him and i said it agin a couple days ago.I would have been much more comfortable if we kept mousley and traded spencer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I am a better QB than Brooks Bollinger.
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 06:08 PM
  2. Holcomb or Bollinger?
    By Big C in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 07:48 AM
  3. Bollinger is used to doubts
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 06:44 AM
  4. Bollinger set for QB battle
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 02:35 AM
  5. Bollinger hasn't given up his goal to be the No. 1 QB
    By Redmption in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 08:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •