Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

The trade for bollinger

we gave up CJ mosley and a sixth rounder for this scrub, the other night mosley had 5 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles, and I heard that he is pushing for a starting role on their D.

Way to give up solid depth behind the Williamses, for a scrub! :

p.s. the whole reason behind this rant is because of scrambling we've done the last month or so for DT depth
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Re: The trade for bollinger

I never really liked that trade either.

Capital_J is offline Rookie

Yep I said it at the time and still think that was a stupid trade. Bollinger is no better than a third QB and never will be. Mosely filled in admirably for Kevin Williams when he was hurt and now we are still looking for a back-up DT and signing guys like Fred Evans. Stupid trade.
    www.capitaljscorner.com

"carta4eva" wrote:
    we gave up CJ mosley and a sixth rounder for this scrub, the other night mosley had 5 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles, and I heard that he is pushing for a starting role on their D.

p.s. the whole reason behind this rant is because of scrambling we've done the last month or so for DT depth

i knew that was a bad trade when we did it

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

LMAO! Pretty easy call in retrospect. How about saying the Viking screwed up when Fran Tarkenton went to the Giants.
    I don't disagree. I just don't know what your point is.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    LMAO! Pretty easy call in retrospect. How about saying the Viking screwed up when Fran Tarkenton went to the Giants.
    Good point.

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    no point really, just saw some of those sacks Mosley made the other night, and saw the stink all over that trade

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"carta4eva" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    no point really, just saw some of those sacks Mosley made the other night, and saw the stink all over that trade
    Well, I really liked CJ too. But not much we can do about it now. Bollinger was a desperation trade made at the last minute because McMann didn't work out. Bollinger was/is better than McMann.He's just not NFL caliber.
    Funny how the same thing happened again this year with Holcumb.
    The difference is, they didn't have to give up a promising young player to get what appears to finally be a quality backup QB.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Well, I really liked CJ too. But not much we can do about it now. Bollinger was a desperation trade made at the last minute because McMann didn't work out. Bollinger was/is better than McMann.He's just not NFL caliber.
    Funny how the same thing happened again this year with Holcumb.
    The difference is, they didn't have to give up a promising young player to get what appears to finally be a quality backup QB.
    true dat, also Holcomb has been successful when having to fill in for a few games like he did in Cleveland, He struggled in Buffalo because he was the starter there before Losman... but definately a Competant back up plan should TJACK get hurt

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"carta4eva" wrote:

i said the exact same thing a when we traded him and i said it agin a couple days ago.I would have been much more comfortable if we kept mousley and traded spencer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast