Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade?

CrazyAtMSU is offline Training Camp

Trade?

At what point do you think we need to make a big trade to help the defense so we can win now?

The offensive talent is there, without a doubt. It says something for the offense when you have the second worst (behind KC) defense in the league and can still put up 8 or 9 wins. We can obviously get something for one or two or our running backs, but maybe we need to make a big trade (Skins/Broncos type thing). I wouldn't say trade Pep, he is a damn good QB and I don't think Gus could take us anywhere big without a stellar D. What about Moss? It kills me to even be saying this because he is without a doubt the best WR in the league. No other player influences a defense like he does. When hes on his game, he takes 2 or 3 defenders down the field with him every time and still comes up with big yards and TD's. But we have seen that our offense can survive without him.

Another possible problem is player personalities. I'm not in the locker room and out on the practice field every day but it seems to me that he is one of the leaders of this team. How would getting rid of a guy like that impact your team?

These are just suggestions, i'm not saying to get rid of anyone (well, accept a RB because its just waste to have 4 good ones). Just wondering what you all thought

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Trade?

I think that we can sacrifice some players. Hovan, Bennett, and maybe some others. Ok, we draft another key defensice player (and hope he is worth it), trade some guys like thones mentioned above and get at least 2 players, and then we go out and sign a free agent. If we are lucky, we can get 4 good defensive players. Those 4 with Williams, Udeze, Johnstone, Johnson, Winfeild, and Claiborne give us 10 players on the D that will not suck. Now, we will have injuries and not everybody will live up to their expectations. This is all wishful thinking.
    I would never trade Pep, we do not want to back peddle into the days of Gannon, Salsbury, etc.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Trade?

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I think that we can sacrifice some players. Hovan, Bennett, and maybe some others. Ok, we draft another key defensice player (and hope he is worth it), trade some guys like thones mentioned above and get at least 2 players, and then we go out and sign a free agent. If we are lucky, we can get 4 good defensive players. Those 4 with Williams, Udeze, Johnstone, Johnson, Winfeild, and Claiborne give us 10 players on the D that will not suck. Now, we will have injuries and not everybody will live up to their expectations. This is all wishful thinking.
    I would never trade Pep, we do not want to back peddle into the days of Gannon, Salsbury, etc.

Trading moss or daunte would put us in salary cap hell. The only reason washington and denver were able to make that big trade was because both portis and champ didn't have big contracts, they were about to sign their big contracts. Moss and daunte both have their huge contracts.

The only real trade we will be able to make is trade either bennett or onterrio for a draft pick, or maybe a decent safety, CB, or LB. Players in their final year of their contract and who are looking for a big contract that their current team isn't willing to give them(like champ bailey and washington). Although, then red would have to be willing to open his pocket book and give a big contract to whoever we traded for.

The most realistic trade would be bennett or onterrio for a draft pick. Hopefully one high enough to allow us to trade up in the first round and select a good D player like antrel rolle, derrick johnson or carlos rogers.

Trade?

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Everyone keeps saying trade hovan, but we can't. He is a free agent at the end of the year. Good riddens to him.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Trade?

With close to 30 mil in cap room, trading Daunte or Moss isn't even a necessity. There's the room to buy any free agent on the market next year if Red was willing to spend.

Trade?

"jackyl" wrote:
    With close to 30 mil in cap room, trading Daunte or Moss isn't even a necessity. There's the room to buy any free agent on the market next year if Red was willing to spend.

The great thing is, we will be so far under the cap, that red will have to pay at least one player, a huge contract, like he did for winfield this year. Every team needs to pay a minimum $ amount, and red needed to pay someone a huge contract to meet that minumum last offseason. Thus that is the reason why we gave winfield a suprisingly huge contract. The same thing will have to happen again this next year. I wonder what good safeties, CB's, DT's or LB's our gonna be FA's next offseason. I haven't looked up who the FA's will be. Obviously all the franchised players will again be FA's.

Trade?

Woodson is gonna be free... not sure how good he still is though.

Trade?

"jackyl" wrote:
    Woodson is gonna be free... not sure how good he still is though.

I'd take him in a second. Move brian williams to safety and have woodson and winfield as our CB's. Damn that would be awesome! Didn't woodson sign that big contract with the raiders? ESPN was reporting that he was gonna but I don't remember him signing it, but he might have?

Trade?

Christmas day I heard that he hadn't. The franchise tag would have to be used again as he's looking for like 11 million a year, and with only 2 ints it doesn't look like Oakland is willing to do that.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Trade?

He leads the raiders with tackles and he's a great cover corner. He's still young, he had the locker room attitude problem but there's no doubt i would take a chance. He's a football player. If we can get someone in there with winfield that is a really really good corner i would be thrilled.

Some things concern me about him, the other day him and a teamate got drunk, got in a womens back seat of her car and wouldn't get out. Hmmmm, makes you think about getting a guy like fred smoot, i dont watch him play all the time but i heard he's solid.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast