Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Tracking: Jahvid Best vs. Toby Gerhart, et al

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1081345
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081243
    Jahvid Best versus Toby Gerhart
    Here's a breakdown of the 2010 intra-division NFC North draft-day trade that sent Jahvid Best to the Detroit Lions and Toby Gerhart to the Minnesota Vikings:

    Player Team Games Att. Yards Average TDs Rec. Yards Average TDs
    Best Detroit 10 127 382 3.0 4 49 375 7.7 1
    Gerhart Minnesota 10 46 162 3.5 1 15 144 9.6 0
    Tracking: Jahvid Best vs. Toby Gerhart, et al

    I didn't know we were supposed to be tracking them.......:laugh:

    Anyway, I found the chart at the bottom even more telling.

    Other players involved
    Player Position Team Games played
    Jason Fox OL Detroit Lions 0
    Chris Cook CB Minnesota Vikings 6
    Everson Griffen DE Minnesota Vikings 6
    Mickey Shuler TE Minnesota Vikings 4*
    * All since the Miami Dolphins claimed him on waivers.
    I thought the Vikings coaching staff sucked at developing players. Hell two of our rooks have 6 games under thier belt as apposed to what the Lions have doen with the other players involved in that deal.

    .......snicker.........
    ......Snicker....... Injuries will tend to force rookies into action sooner ...........Snicker.........



    Quick question my friend- The Packers are starting a few rooks as well and have a very young team but they seem to be able to pick players that can develop into productive players very early and they strangely have a much better record than the Vikings. It boggles the mind how some staffs can deal with that adversity and still win while others use it as an excuse to lose or underperform. Food for thought.

    Also- how about that Danny Woodhead kid. Coming right in and becoming a productive player for the pats.
    Whats your point. Did you see the graph above? How about all the young players that stepped up yesterday.

    Looked like a few of them have developed.

    I guess your answer will be that guys like Degeare, Guion, Toby ect were only good cause the staff developed them over the last 2 weeks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Tracking: Jahvid Best vs. Toby Gerhart, et al

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1081381
    Why are we comparing Best to Gerhart exactly?
    Did you read the article........
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Tracking: Jahvid Best vs. Toby Gerhart, et al

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1081388
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1081386
    I think the reason might be because we traded the pick to Detroit that they used to get him and we drafted Toby as our backup RB from what i can tell. There really can't be any other reason because they are 2 completely different backs in 2 completely different situations.
    ok, but Best was drafted to be their main RB. Gerhart was drafted as insurance for us. It's like comparing Tarvaris Jackson with matt Ryan.
    Looks like two of you didn't read the article. Notice the players involved chart at the end of the article.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Toby Gerhart Highlights
    By VikesFan787 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 06:07 PM
  2. Toby Gerhart jerseys.
    By vikingivan in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 01:01 AM
  3. Vikings RB Toby Gerhart ready to contribute
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 11:12 PM
  4. Toby Gerhart Status
    By ejmat in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 10:08 AM
  5. Vikings select Toby Gerhart
    By Purple_Jesus in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 11:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •