Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Toughest challenges

Looking at the schedule for this year, which part of our team, whether it be a group or a certain player or coach, will be the most challenged throughout the year?

Sun Sep. 12 3:15 PM Dallas

Mon Sep. 20 8:00 PM at Philadelphia

Sun Sep. 26 12:00 PM Chicago

Sun Oct. 3 12:00 PM Bye

Sun Oct. 10 12:00 PM at Houston

Sun Oct. 17 7:30 PM at New Orleans

Sun Oct. 24 12:00 PM Tennessee

Sun Oct. 31 12:00 PM NY Giants

Mon Nov. 8 8:00 PM at Indianapolis

Sun Nov. 14 3:15 PM at Green Bay

Sun Nov. 21 12:00 PM Detroit

Sun Nov. 28 12:00 PM Jacksonville

Sun Dec. 5 12:00 PM at Chicago

Sun Dec. 12 12:00 PM Seattle

Sun Dec. 19 1:00 PM at Detroit

Fri Dec. 24 2:00 PM Green Bay

Sun Jan. 2 1:00 PM at Washington
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

Toughest challenges

linebackers, i think is the obvious call as of late. even bringing in a trotter or gildon, they will also be playing in a new system. with 3 of our best 'backers being rooks or 2nd year guys, claiborne having his problems, and (hopefully) trotter/gildon coming in cold... i think linebacker is the place to watch
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Toughest challenges

I think the biggest challenges will be the Monday night games and then the weeks after the Monday night games. Those short weeks are tough, especially when we have to come back and play two division opponents, even though they are at home!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Toughest challenges

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I think the biggest challenges will be the Monday night games and then the weeks after the Monday night games. Those short weeks are tough, especially when we have to come back and play two division opponents, even though they are at home!!

I am not as worried about our Lb's as everyone else is. I agree that we need to sign a good vet after june 1st, but only as insurance for claiborne. I belive that both EJ and dontarrious are athletic and smart enough, to be very effective LB's right away.

I think our only probelm will be the d as a whole, gelling quickly. We have a bunch of new guys on D. We will need udeze, scott, martin, dontarrious, winfield, and any other D players we sign, to gel quickly. We all know our offense will be top 3 again, so now all we need is a top 15 or so D. We have plenty of talent on d, we just need them to play well together. This will be our biggest challenge in this coming season.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Toughest challenges

Well i look at it this way, our linebackers last year were Claiborne for only 6 or 7 games Biekert who is very smart but slow and not the greatest tackler last year he was wearing down, and a mixture of Crockett and Rogers, crockett was cut and rogers wasnt cutting it so they moved him to DE.

I was so happy when i saw EJ and Nattiel in the game last year, we cant get any worse then we were last year. Dontarious adds major speed smarts and athletisicm, hopefullly claiborne will be healthy and I really like EJ, that play in arizona when he took down Emmit Smith and prevented him from making the 2 point conversion was great it showed his speed awarness and great tackling ability, he was a sick wedge buster on specail teams caused some fumbles and killed some return men,(Detroits and KC's Hall) he learned alot from Biekert and has alot of expeirence at the position i think hes ready to rumble i'm so exited to see him as our MLB.

Bottome line is we have made great strides this offseason and hopefully we have a top 10 defense

Toughest challenges

I don't think our offense was as flawless as a lot of people seem to think. Sure, we rolled up a ton of yards, but that often did not translate into points. I think our offensive line will be most challenged, especially in games like the Philadelphia game and the New Orleans game. Philly's got the other Freak, and the Saints now have some scary depth at pass rusher.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Toughest challenges

I thought that moss was the freak??

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Toughest challenges

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    No, Moss is the Superfreak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Toughest challenges

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    That's why I say the "other" freak.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Toughest challenges

oh... gotcha!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast