Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tough Schedule

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Tough Schedule

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    I dont follow that useless stat with the 20 losses in the past so many games on the road stat. It just seems to me that we always get outplayed, out coached and unprepared going into the game. We just cant seem to win on the road, not because of it being outdoors or on grass or turf, etc. Useless stat in my opinion. I think we get two road wins in the next games. For one we get a bye which gives us plenty of time to review our opponent and heal our injuries. Two, texans havent really impressed me much and the saints, well we usually do well against them, dont see why we cant do good against them on prime time.
    I agree, HV. It is just like that stat that they used to show for Cowgirl games, where the Girls were 80-1 when Emmitt rushed for 100+ yards. Of course, ANY team whose RB rushes for 100 or more (with as good a D as Dallas had then) is going to win most of the games that they play. It is called ball control and usually the team that controls the clock (without making too many mistakes) will win the game. I remember that I used to wish that for the next few games that Emmitt would get his 100 yard game early in the day, but that the Girls would find a way to lose the game late...just so that the stat would become something like 80-6...just so that the announcers would stop quoting that stupid stat...Grrrrrr!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

Tough Schedule

Jags offense has been dismal. In order for them to beat the Colts they will need to put some points up. Fred Taylor has racked up like over 250 yards between the last two times they played, but this isn't the same D.

I have a feeling the Colts get an eyeopener this week, but they will still hold on to win. As far as the Jags not being good that's some funny stuff. They are a good team. But they are opposite of ours the O tries to not screw up and the D wins the game.

With the front 4 they have and the LB's they could be a playoff team easy if they stay motivated and healthy.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Tough Schedule

The Jags defense is awesome plain and simple. Marcus Stroud of course is a stud, and Peterson and Ayodele are both excellent LBs. Their whole front 7 is becoming one of the best in the league. But their offense has yet to perform well and needs more time to mature. The team is kind of like Buffalo and Miami with an elite defense but mediocre offense. Actually the Phins offense is less than mediocre.

The key to beating Jacksonville is pretty obvious, just get an early lead and force them to play catch up the entire game. Their offense will not be able to handle that.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Tough Schedule

i think fred taylor is one of the best rb's in the nfl.but he has missed most of preseason. the bills got a good d,denver held Lt in check,tennesee has stuggle against the run in only one game

Now he gets the colts can they stop him i dont think so.
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Tough Schedule

Hawaiian, its interesting that the turf team stat is useless. Even funnier to me, is that Cajun agreed, and used another stat., useless though it is, to back up his arguement. Well, except it is common knowledge, NOT a useless stat. How about the Tampa >45 degree stat? You DO remember that one don't you? The year they broke outta that one, they won the superbowl, correct? Being a turf team is NOT an excuse to loose on grass, but it sure shows where you need to improve. We lost on grass a lot under Denny too. Before this year, talking to friends I would say, well, they are on grass, so I am not so sure they will win. This year, its just not even mentioned by me. I think this year, grass, injuries, suspentions, whatever, we should still win.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Tough Schedule

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    Hawaiian, its interesting that the turf team stat is useless. Even funnier to me, is that Cajun agreed, and used another stat., useless though it is, to back up his arguement. Well, except it is common knowledge, NOT a useless stat. How about the Tampa >45 degree stat? You DO remember that one don't you? The year they broke outta that one, they won the superbowl, correct? Being a turf team is NOT an excuse to loose on grass, but it sure shows where you need to improve. We lost on grass a lot under Denny too. Before this year, talking to friends I would say, well, they are on grass, so I am not so sure they will win. This year, its just not even mentioned by me. I think this year, grass, injuries, suspentions, whatever, we should still win.
    Thanks YOU UTvike

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

Tough Schedule

i think their bad...thats just me, the only win they really won is the titans game. i think the other two were crap.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Tough Schedule

holding the broncos to 6 points is pretty good,tennesee to 12 i think there playing good

the seahawks have played worst teams but every thinks they are great
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Tough Schedule

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    UT, the reason that the stat is useless (to me at least) is that the result is so obvious that the commentators even mentioning the stat (and repeating it over and over, ad nauseum) assumes that the fans know nothing about football. As regards the stat that I quoted (and as I said in my last post), the stat is useless not because it is not true, but because it would be true no matter who the personnel or the team is (e.g., ANY team that has their RB rush for 100+ yards and plays great defense, will almost always win, because they controlled the game, not because of the fact that ONE person rushed for 100+ yards). Teams that have a RB by committee approach and play great defense would have the same skewed record because they controlled the game. The real point is that stats like that are too stupid to be tracked, and border on those even more ridiculous baseball stats that we are subjected to. Even when the result "predicted" by the stat "record" does happen, it is more a result of multiple factors than just one thing. You never really know...
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Tough Schedule

All I was saying is that stat is out there. Let's prove it wrong. But if it is an indicator, it is in our advantage. We play a lot of indoor road games.

So if you don't believe in the stat does that mean you think we are going to loose in doors.?

I didn't think so but I thought I would ask

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast