Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tough one.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Tough one.

Someone made the point that this team is not made to come back. True. One issue I have is that we are a LOS-control team that runs first (supposedly). And this means, as mentioned in the game on the air, that we have a hard time coming from behind, because our offense is not built to do that. This worries me. Imagine, we have gone 10-6 or 9-7 in the regular season and make the playoffs. We then play the Cowboys, Eagles, or Seahawks and are behind by 13. Does anyone really think we have the offense to hold with teams like that, when their QB is slinging the ball all over the field with accurate passes, and we are running off-tackle ?

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Someone made the point that this team is not made to come back. True. One issue I have is that we are a LOS-control team that runs first (supposedly). And this means, as mentioned in the game on the air, that we have a hard time coming from behind, because our offense is not built to do that. This worries me. Imagine, we have gone 10-6 or 9-7 in the regular season and make the playoffs. We then play the Cowboys, Eagles, or Seahawks and are behind by 13. Does anyone really think we have the offense to hold with teams like that, when their QB is slinging the ball all over the field with accurate passes, and we are running off-tackle ?
    I think the defense and special teams will have to improve on how they played on Monday night if we are even looking at making a wildcard berth. Although as bad as we played we still had the ball with 2 minutes to go and less than a TD behind. Unfortunately any time we are forced into passing on every down bad things happen, so do we have the offense to live with the better teams, no but do we have the defense, maybe.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I'm not sure what game you guys were watching.
    I thought TJ led our offense very effectively in the 2nd half even after our ST's let us down dropping us down by 2 scores and again when our D let us down again dropping us down 2 scores.
    Both times TJ rallied us to a score to bring us back to within 1.
    When you're behind and your D and ST's aren't stopping the other guy, you can't win, it's that simple.
    We needed a big stop or a turn over and didn't get that until the 2 minute warning.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I thought TJ led our offense very effectively in the 2nd half even after our ST's let us down dropping us down by 2 scores and again when our D let us down again dropping us down 2 scores.
    When you're behind and your D and ST's aren't stopping the other guy, you can't win, it's that simple.
    We needed a big stop or a turn over and didn't get that until the 2 minute warning.
    +1
    I don't know why everyone is on Tjack, he did have a TD and more yards than Aaron Rodgers. In fact our offense scored more points than the packers offense, and gained more yards and controlled the ball longer. The packers just made more plays and got more calls over the course of the game.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    +1
    I don't know why everyone is on Tjack, he did have a TD and more yards than Aaron Rodgers. In fact our offense scored more points than the packers offense, and gained more yards and controlled the ball longer. The packers just made more plays and got more calls over the course of the game.
    Ding Ding Ding!
    Winner!

+2

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    +1

Right there my man!

Excellent post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123