Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tough one.

Re: Tough one.

"packhawk04" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Where was Grant ? Why didn't he play ? Oh, wait, he did play...
    :

I actually thought we got hosed on at least 3 calls by the refs.

24-19 is also not having your jiggly butt kicked.
    12 carries for 92 yards. I'd say he played, and played well.

I feel the same way from the refs.
    How can you defend Grant and yet say something that insinuates AP did nothing in the 2nd half? Grant got half his yards on one carry. AP had more yards, a TD, and key runs for first downs where he literally carried multiple Packers past the marker.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

dfosterf is offline Coach

FWIW, Of all the running backs in the NFL, take a wild guess who is picked numero uno in week 2 fantasy football projections-
    Ryan Grant.
    I know, it's fantasy football, and doesn't mean anything, plus we are playing a weaker opponent... I agree with all of that, and personally, don't set much store in it.
    However, many of you seem to not only play fantasy football, but seem to have lived the past seven months in fantasy land. After all, AD was playing a weaker opponent, according to all of you. Enjoy your 2008 highlight reel of AD mowing over AL Harris.
    What's NFL films going to do with the other 29 minutes and 59 seconds? As far as who was hitting who out there, you might want to ask your quarterback that question.
    That was real, not fantasy football.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"dfosterf" wrote:
    FWIW, Of all the running backs in the NFL, take a wild guess who is picked numero uno in week 2 fantasy football projections-
    Ryan Grant.
    I know, it's fantasy football, and doesn't mean anything, plus we are playing a weaker opponent... I agree with all of that, and personally, don't set much store in it.
    However, many of you seem to not only play fantasy football, but seem to have lived the past seven months in fantasy land. After all, AD was playing a weaker opponent, according to all of you. Enjoy your 2008 highlight reel of AD mowing over AL Harris.
    What's NFL films going to do with the other 29 minutes and 59 seconds? As far as who was hitting who out there, you might want to ask your quarterback that question.
    Sure... you guys hit our QB a few more times then we hit AaRod... but go back and look at which one was crying to the refs every time he got touched.
    At least our QB can man up and take a hit, yours looked more like a little cry baby sissy girl trying to get roughing calls every time someone got close enough to scare him.
    Did pretty boy break a nail?
    ;D
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

dfosterf is offline Coach

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    Ryan Grant.
    Sure... you guys hit our QB a few more times then we hit AaRod... but go back and look at which one was crying to the refs every time he got touched.
    At least our QB can man up and take a hit, yours looked more like a little cry baby sissy girl trying to get roughing calls every time someone got close enough to scare him.
    Did pretty boy break a nail?
    ;D
    No, he broke your back ;D
    As for sissy girls, I'm pleased to report that the reason given by your head coach for not shaking the hand of our head coach (very classy :) WAS... Drumroll please.... He had to console Tavaris (Wah Wah) Jackson.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

After sleeping on it for the second night (takes me a bit longer to cool off than other people, I'm sicilian), I think I am ok with this game. Once TJ and the receivers get into a rhythm and the line can grasp the concept of Pass Blocking, we should be fine.

I'm excited for this season, but I'm one ugly bastard after a loss.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"C" wrote:
    After sleeping on it for the second night (takes me a bit longer to cool off than other people, I'm sicilian), I think I am ok with this game. Once TJ and the receivers get into a rhythm and the line can grasp the concept of Pass Blocking, we should be fine.

I'm still pissed off.

(Crawling back into a cave for another day or two.)

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

I'm still pissed off.

(Crawling back into a cave for another day or two.)
    Yeah, I still don't think Childress will lead this team (or any team) to a Super Bowl, but I've never wanted to eat crow more in my life.

"dfosterf" wrote:

As for sissy girls, I'm pleased to report that the reason given by your head coach for not shaking the hand of our head coach (very classy :) WAS... Drumroll please.... He had to console Tavaris (Wah Wah) Jackson.
    I don't blame Chilly for not shaking his hand... the Pack filed false tampering charges against us to draw the attention of themselves. A truly shameless and classless move on their part.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"C" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:

I don't blame Chilly for not shaking his hand... the Pack filed false tampering charges against us to draw the attention of themselves. A truly shameless and classless move on their part.

Yep, truly shameful.
    Not only did the Packers embarrass themselves in front of the entire NFL, but they also added fuel to an already hot fire.
    Just knowing that there are teams out there willing to stoop that low really makes a guy think.
    The Packers disgust me.
    Purely Pathetic.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

I don´t wanna be a pesimist,but after all the training camps,all $ spent in trades,all the"TJ is years ligth away from last year" .It is a little bit of the same history ,TJ doesn´t seem to be ready ,our WR can´t create spaces,our pass rush is not enuff ,not to mention our ST...

We can not believe AD and our Defense can make all the job done by themselves
    We can not start all
    our drives in our 20 yard line while the other team does it in their
    We can not give a pro Qb 8 seconds in every snap.
    And we can not believe in or on
    (damn language...) this team If they don´´t give us a good reason.

Step up you 53 !!! Go Vikes!!!
    El underdog.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast