Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48
  1. #1
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Tough game, new injury for T-Jack

    [size=13pt]Tough game, new injury for T-Jack[/size]

    October 22nd, 2007 – 1:04 PM by Kevin Seifert

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  2. #2
    vikes2456's Avatar
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,656

    Re: Tough game, new injury for T-Jack

    Is it just me, or does he seem to be a little injury prone?

  3. #3
    Frostbite is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    966

    Re: Tough game, new injury for T-Jack

    Enter Kelly Holcomb....Hmmm. Well....T.J. looked like a Deer caught in the headlights trying be a pocket passer yesterday....Might as well give Holcomb a shot now.

    Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

  4. #4
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: Tough game, new injury for T-Jack

    There were several times during the game yesterday that it looked to me like he just didn't want to be out there.
    Perhaps this explains why.
    Or, I may have been mis perceiving things and this is an injury of "convenience" to give the kid the hook.
    Nothing with our QB situation suprises me anymore.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  5. #5
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,499

    Re: Tough game, new injury for T-Jack

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    There were several times during the game yesterday that it looked to me like he just didn't want to be out there.
    Perhaps this explains why.
    Or, I may have been mis perceiving things and this is an injury of "convenience" to give the kid the hook.
    Nothing with our QB situation suprises me anymore.
    That's what I was thinking too. Pretty sure it's just an excuse to pull the deer out of the headlights.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Tough game, new injury for T-Jack

    "C" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    There were several times during the game yesterday that it looked to me like he just didn't want to be out there.
    Perhaps this explains why.
    Or, I may have been mis perceiving things and this is an injury of "convenience" to give the kid the hook.
    Nothing with our QB situation suprises me anymore.
    That's what I was thinking too. Pretty sure it's just an excuse to pull the deer out of the headlights.
    I don't know.
    The finger is either all swollen up or its not.
    If you were going to make up an injury, I think you'd pick something like a back injury or a pulled something.
    Who are you trying to fool by making up something?
    The players would know, and that's what's important for keeping the QB's confidence high and the team's confidence in him at a respectable level.


    Now, if you're suggesting they might take advantage of a real injury as a welcome excuse to bench him without taking down his confidence level too much... It's quite possible.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

  7. #7
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tough game, new injury for T-Jack

    "vikes2456" wrote:
    Is it just me, or does he seem to be a little injury prone?
    No, I have noticed it and commented on it before this one came up.

  8. #8
    stateVIKE44's Avatar
    stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    342

    Re: Tough game, new injury for T-Jack

    "Overlord" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    There were several times during the game yesterday that it looked to me like he just didn't want to be out there.
    Perhaps this explains why.
    Or, I may have been mis perceiving things and this is an injury of "convenience" to give the kid the hook.
    Nothing with our QB situation suprises me anymore.
    That's what I was thinking too. Pretty sure it's just an excuse to pull the deer out of the headlights.
    I don't know.
    The finger is either all swollen up or its not.
    If you were going to make up an injury, I think you'd pick something like a back injury or a pulled something.
    Who are you trying to fool by making up something?
    The players would know, and that's what's important for keeping the QB's confidence high and the team's confidence in him at a respectable level.


    Now, if you're suggesting they might take advantage of a real injury as a welcome excuse to bench him without taking down his confidence level too much... It's quite possible.
    I noticed on two differnt occasions yesterday during the game, TJ grabbing and looking at his finger. I'm not quite sure how early in the game it happened though, I'd have to go back and watch.
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

  9. #9
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Tough game, new injury for T-Jack

    well i saw him on the side lines and he was like grabbing at his fingers in like pulling them out... i was wondering what he was doing

  10. #10
    Slade is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,843

    Re: Tough game, new injury for T-Jack

    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    well i saw him on the side lines and he was like grabbing at his fingers in like pulling them out... i was wondering what he was doing

    ~ He was probably gassy...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Injury report for Vikings-Eagles Wildcard Game
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 09:59 AM
  2. Injury report for the Green Bay - Vikings game
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 05:36 PM
  3. T-JACK GAME CLIPS!!!
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-18-2006, 06:06 PM
  4. Post-game Injury Report, Week 19
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2006, 08:34 PM
  5. Tough road game await us after the bye
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 07:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •