Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Topsy-turvy times for two rookies

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Prophet, I said hes done some good things. My point was someone posted he did some great things, and he hasnt. Closest thing we have to great is BJ.

One example of the Childress god complex is the way he dealt with Pep. He saw someone with a bigger ego then his own, and didnt even try to talk to him, let alone re-sign. I think that was a big mistake seeing we got nothing for Pep in return.
    You are so full of it!
    Good to see you went and hid for a few days and then come back with the same crap again!

He tried to Daunte but all Daunte wanted to talk about was the pay raise he wanted, and will you finally get it through to your brain that Daunte forced the trade and didn't want to play here anymore!
    A 2 year old can see that, but that is stretching your brain power.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Prophet, I said hes done some good things. My point was someone posted he did some great things, and he hasnt. Closest thing we have to great is BJ.

One example of the Childress god complex is the way he dealt with Pep. He saw someone with a bigger ego then his own, and didnt even try to talk to him, let alone re-sign. I think that was a big mistake seeing we got nothing for Pep in return.
    Did you watch the Mia, Pitt game? The only mistakes we made is that we couldn't get a first rounder out of him. But he was just off his injury, so that would be highly improbably.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Childress has done some great things? Name them. Hes done a few good things.

He doesnt like rookies. Hes much happier with lukewarm players he knows.
    - We brought in Hutch.

- We got rid of a whining QB that wasn't cooperating and he didn't give in.
    Oh yeah, did I mention he bites when the game is on the line.
    - He hired a great coaching staff
    - He has brought in guys that have the ptotential to work in the system.
    Not all pan out but some do.
    That's the nature of the game.

That's just to name a few.
    God complex...I think not.
    Disciplinarian that does what's best for the team....I think so.
    There's a difference.
    Learn what the game of football is all about.
    Discipline is necessary.
    If you don't have it there are problems.

Prophet Guest

"CCthebest" wrote:

That example is null and void.
    I guess you will have to come up with another one to support your hypothesis.
    I summarized the event leading up to Culpepper's exit from the team in this article.
    You are clearly wrong.
    The article is not laced with my opinion, just a synthesis of events leading up to Daunte's departure.

Not getting fair compensation?
    The perceived value from Daunte's crotch sniffers and the real market value for a sporadically good QB that just blew out his knee were two different stories.
    Please address the facts leading up to his departure (see article).
    In a nutshell Daunte handled the situation like a spoiled child and forced the trade.
    The Vikings organization didn't go public until Daunte sent an e-mail to the Associated Press with a story defacing the Vikings franchise.

Daunte pooh on the team and his fans and lost his credibility.
    Character flaw.
    Much bigger than a mistake.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Again, i said hes done a good job on a few things. Like signing Hutch (great would have been signing him for a few million less)

Letting Dante go may have been a good thing (I disagree though)...a great thing would have been to calm Pep down, tell him hes the man, and then sign a real WR, someone like moss, and not Stink. Someone worth big bucks that could catch those Pep passes. And then do a little QB coaching and try and teach Pep to read the more complex D's.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Again, i said hes done a good job on a few things. Like signing Hutch (great would have been signing him for a few million less)

Letting Dante go may have been a good thing (I disagree though)...a great thing would have been to calm Pep down, tell him hes the man, and then sign a real WR, someone like moss, and not Stink. Someone worth big bucks that could catch those Pep passes. And then do a little QB coaching and try and teach Pep to read the more complex D's.
    The only WR out there who could consistently catch those rainbows was Terrell Owens.
    You want that mess on your team?

And after six years in the league, your starting QB should not need "Remedial Defense Reading 101".

It seems that you're unwilling to acknowledge all the things Daunte did to alienate himself from his team and fans.
    That Daunte was unwilling to go to the Titans when they came calling says volumns about him as a man.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"CCthebest" wrote:

If we signed Hutch for less he may not have been here.

Calming Pep down and signing someone like Moss didn't work the first time.
    Why should we do it again.
    The guy made errors even when Moss was on the team and choked in the 4th qtr.
    Why do the same when it didn't work the first time around?

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

If we signed Hutch for less he may not have been here.

Calming Pep down and signing someone like Moss didn't work the first time.
    Why should we do it again.
    The guy made errors even when Moss was on the team and choked in the 4th qtr.
    Why do the same when it didn't work the first time around?
    IMO it didn't work because Tice was the coach. Daunte grew under Denny but when Tice took over his improvement simply stopped. I think a new coach was the only fix our team needed.

It is unfortunate that Daunte is no longer in Minnesota, but you cannot blame the reasons for his departure solely on pep or solely on Childress. There were some things that both of them did badly.

As far as in relation to the subject of this thread, these two rookies, Carter and Mathis, did absolutely nothing wrong. IMO Childress is at fault for choosing Pinner and Pinkston/McMullen over these two. It is even more ridiculous because of the Special teams potential that we lost without replacement. As I said earllier I truely believe that Childress has something against rookies.

You can make a strong argument about why Daunte had to go, but I have yet to see a strong argument from someone who prefers Pinner and McMullen over Carter and Mathis. That is one topic I would like to grill Childress on.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234