Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Topsy-turvy times for two rookies

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Can somebody explain to me why McMuffin earned a roster spot while doing nothing in the preseason...And Carter, who outperformed all of our WRs gets placed on the practice squad?
    I realize Carter wasn't really playing with the first team, but I dont' know what else he could have done to prove he's worthy of our roster.

This move really bothers me.
    Carter may be our saving grace for trading Basket for McMuffin.
    This guy (Muffin) hasn't even played a game for us and I already hate him.
    Not so much for his performance, but mainly because of what he APPEARS to be costing us with other talent.
    I haven't seen a post that disagrees with you.

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

i think that is a question that alot of us would like to know as it jsut dont make sense, even tho mcmuffin is alittle more experienced, it sure didnt show and i am trying to find where i read it but cartes agent is sayinghe has gotten calls from other teams interested in signing carter...that would be a bad move on our part to lose him..hope we can keep him
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"vikingbill50" wrote:
    i think that is a question that alot of us would like to know as it jsut dont make sense, even tho mcmuffin is alittle more experienced, it sure didnt show and i am trying to find where i read it but cartes agent is sayinghe has gotten calls from other teams interested in signing carter...that would be a bad move on our part to lose him..hope we can keep him
    I am going to be so angry if he gets signed away from us.
    It's going to be hard to hold my Childress judgements.
    I think he has done a lot of great things for our team so far, but he's also laid up a handful of questionable moves.

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

yes i will hate it too..but in reality, how long do you expect a player like that to remain on a practice squad...i just wish they would give a good reason for keeping mcmuffin and not carter...
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I really wish they would have made a roster spot for Carter, I think he earned it. I mean if you come into the preseason and make the plays he did and you still cant make the team that is a problem.

I really hope Childress didn't make a mistake by grabbing Pinkston and putting a potential star on the practice squad.

My guess is that McMullen and/or Pinkston won't be with us long, and Carter comes back to the active roster soon.. McMullen has done nothing to show why he deserves to be on this team, and Carter has.. I see Carter here in no time at all..
    I sure hope you're right. I forget who said it in an earlier thread, but our team needs a playmaking Carter. That name is synonimous with Vikings success. He, T-Jack, and Williamson could be a dynamic trio for years to come.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Prophet Guest

McMuffin, and to a lesser extent, Pussyton, seem to be the people that are grinding people's gonads (or grinding people's ovaries).
    I guess we're destined to sit it out and wait, again.
    Maybe Zygi can hire PP.O as a virtual assistant coach.
    Can you imagine the turmoil the franchise would be in?
    The waiver wire would look like an unemployed day-trader hacked into the NFL.

"Braddock" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I really wish they would have made a roster spot for Carter, I think he earned it. I mean if you come into the preseason and make the plays he did and you still cant make the team that is a problem.

I really hope Childress didn't make a mistake by grabbing Pinkston and putting a potential star on the practice squad.
    I know I was the one that stated I would love to hear touchdown Carter again.
    The name just gushes purple.

My guess is that McMullen and/or Pinkston won't be with us long, and Carter comes back to the active roster soon.. McMullen has done nothing to show why he deserves to be on this team, and Carter has.. I see Carter here in no time at all..
    I sure hope you're right. I forget who said it in an earlier thread, but our team needs a playmaking Carter. That name is synonimous with Vikings success. He, T-Jack, and Williamson could be a dynamic trio for years to come.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    McMuffin, and to a lesser extent, Pussyton, seem to be the people that are grinding people's gonads (or grinding people's ovaries).
    I guess we're destined to sit it out and wait, again.
    Maybe Zygi can hire PP.O as a virtual assistant coach.
    Can you imagine the turmoil the franchise would be in?
    The waiver wire would look like an unemployed day-trader hacked into the NFL.
    You got a theme going on there, Prophet!
    LOL

Although I prefer to call Todd "PinkTacoSton"...he should go and play for the Cardinals!
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Wow this is getting to the point where I hope McMullen can have success just to shut up every negative comment I hear evrybody here say about him. I like Carter but from most of what I hear people think he is a future hall of famer. Thirty one other teams didn't care about adding him to their active roster so he isn't as great as we have hyped him up to be and McMullen has done nothing wrong to deserve such hate.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

"FuadFan" wrote:
    Wow this is getting to the point where I hope McMullen can have success just to shut up every negative comment I hear evrybody here say about him. I like Carter but from most of what I hear people think he is a future hall of famer. Thirty one other teams didn't care about adding him to their active roster so he isn't as great as we have hyped him up to be and McMullen has done nothing wrong to deserve such hate.
    What has he (McMullen) done to earn respect?
    Not sure if you been reading the rest of the posts but there are other teams interested in Carter.
    I don't think anyone here made him out to be a HOFer.
    I think what they are saying is he's better then McMullen from what was seen during the preseason games.
    What happens during practices and training camp is different but during the games Carter stepped it up and McMullen did nothing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast