triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

this topic can be laid to rest...

looks like Ogunleye is stayin with the dolphins

The Washington Post reports that Dolphins officials plan to offer a contract to defensive end Adewale Ogunleye, who led the team with 15 sacks last season. Ogunleye had demanded a trade at one point in time, and the Bears showed interest, but nothing became of that. Ogunleye has threatened to sit out if he is not tendered an offer more lucrative than the one-year, $1.8 million deal that has been already extended to him by the Dolphins

Actually, I'm a little surprised that the Cowboys or Chargers didn't make a move. They both have extra first-round picks, and the Chargers in particular need a pass-rush.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: this topic can be laid to rest...

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    looks like Ogunleye is stayin with the dolphins

The Washington Post reports that Dolphins officials plan to offer a contract to defensive end Adewale Ogunleye, who led the team with 15 sacks last season. Ogunleye had demanded a trade at one point in time, and the Bears showed interest, but nothing became of that. Ogunleye has threatened to sit out if he is not tendered an offer more lucrative than the one-year, $1.8 million deal that has been already extended to him by the Dolphins

Just because the dolphins are gonna offer him a contract, doesn't mean he is gonna accept it. He is expecting a big contract. Either way, he isn't gonna be a viking next year, so the sooner he signs with any team, the sooner we can stop hearing other vikes fans ask if we should try and get him.

hey, i heard some old, has-been linebacker just got cut 'cause he sucks real bad. do you think we sould sign him? lmao!
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

This situation looked over a long time ago... FIrst off we drafted udeze, we dont really need him anymore, especially with what hes demanding. Secondly even if he werent coming here, he surely wasnt going to the bears. After their draft, little to no talks were mentioned about him. Bears draft a d-line man and this case is closed. Dolphins retain him.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a