Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,532
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Can you imagine the development under Leslie Frazier? Where do I sign? Hell I'd take him in the 2nd if we had to. He's first round talent and multidimensional. He comes right in as our starting kick and punt returner. Then we can let Leslie work his magic and get him into the top 2 as soon as possible. 2 first round picks gives us the flexibility to make a move like this in the 2nd or 3rd round.
    Hear, hear!!! Agree 100%

    Well, everything except the Leslie Frazier part... Leslie wasn't that great of a safety, truth be told. Just played on a good defense.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  2. #22
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Oh, I am not ripping it but I disagree that there were no other options and while I may be a yes man, when the bullshit gets too deep I still have a shovel.
    What were these options you speak of. Please enlighten us. Remember, we were cap strapped last season even after cutting Hutch.

  3. #23
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Can you imagine the development under Leslie Frazier? Where do I sign? Hell I'd take him in the 2nd if we had to. He's first round talent and multidimensional. He comes right in as our starting kick and punt returner. Then we can let Leslie work his magic and get him into the top 2 as soon as possible. 2 first round picks gives us the flexibility to make a move like this in the 2nd or 3rd round.
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Hear, hear!!! Agree 100%

    Well, everything except the Leslie Frazier part... Leslie wasn't that great of a safety, truth be told. Just played on a good defense.
    Even if Frazier had been a great safety, I don't think a head coach is going to spend a lot of his time taking on the responsibilities of the positional coach. That's why we have positional coaches.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #24
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,561

    Top WRs, Honey Badger visit Vikings

    I like Hopkins. His catch radius is huge, and, he knows End Zones. I like Like Allen too. And Austin, and Hunter, and Woods. I think any of those guys would help in various ways as rookies.

    Honey Badger, if for nothing else, he could be an amazing Special Teamer right out of the gate...but, before 3rd Round, not sure. I like the electricity he brings to the field. It is a risk worth taking if he passes the Vikes' character tests.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  5. #25
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055
    If we draft Mathieu, he has to change his name to Honey Norsemen. I won't have a guy on this team that represents the mascot for the Wisconsin College team in Madison.

    Also, you don't have to put him on the taller WR's that we face, that is why we have a 6'2 Corner by the name of Chris Cook. He likes to run his mouth and says he can cover anyone, so put him on the guys like Megatron, Marshall, and Nelson's of the division and see how he does. And like I said before, if he has good jumping ability, it won't matter who you put him on.

  6. #26
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,561

    Top WRs, Honey Badger visit Vikings

    If we draft The Honey Badger and put him on Megatron or Marshal, the coaches are fools. I don't care if he can jump out of the building...so can they and their start is 6-8" taller, with higher vert and longer arms... Running with and covering are two different things with these two cats in particular.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  7. #27
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I like Hopkins. His catch radius is huge, and, he knows End Zones. I like Like Allen too. And Austin, and Hunter, and Woods. I think any of those guys would help in various ways as rookies.

    Honey Badger, if for nothing else, he could be an amazing Special Teamer right out of the gate...but, before 3rd Round, not sure. I like the electricity he brings to the field. It is a risk worth taking if he passes the Vikes' character tests.
    That's where I'm at. He's shown that he can be a player at the college level, but there is a fair amount of risk with him both physically and mentally.

  8. #28
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,205
    Personally, I wouldn't take him at all. I don't think he really cares about the NFL other than a paycheck and a way to more ganja!!

    If we take a CB in the third I would much rather have this cat.

    David Amerson*, CB, N.C. State
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
    40 Time: 4.44.
    Projected Round (2013): 2-3.


    He had a great sophomore year and was rated ahead of Milliner and Rhodes before this year began. He had a horrible year but I think that he needs to be taught and like his skillset in the tampa two. Taller, bigger than the honey badger and a higher upside IMO. His problem was jumping routes, well, in man, that's a TD but in a cover two that is not that big a deal. He has very good instincts for a tampa two corner.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  9. #29
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,532
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't take him at all. I don't think he really cares about the NFL other than a paycheck and a way to more ganja!!

    If we take a CB in the third I would much rather have this cat.

    David Amerson*, CB, N.C. State
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
    40 Time: 4.44.
    Projected Round (2013): 2-3.


    He had a great sophomore year and was rated ahead of Milliner and Rhodes before this year began. He had a horrible year but I think that he needs to be taught and like his skillset in the tampa two. Taller, bigger than the honey badger and a higher upside IMO. His problem was jumping routes, well, in man, that's a TD but in a cover two that is not that big a deal. He has very good instincts for a tampa two corner.
    Haha... that's hilarious. You have no idea what you're talking about. Amerson sucks.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •