Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    We would have been drafting in the top 5 again.
    No one mentions that when we added Khalil... our line solidified and AD had a career year. I know everyone want's to give it to Felton but I believe both guys had a lot to do with it. We don't need to take a 10 ten CB. I much rather have a top 10 LT.
    Whatever. There is so much wrong with what you said i really don't want to start. If you honestly think that a LT was the difference between 10-6 and the playoffs and being 5-11 or worse and picking in the top 5 then there is no reason to even continue a discussion.

And it isn't Khalil- He is hanging out with the rest of the dead poets society.
    Attachment 469

It's Kalil.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Whatever. There is so much wrong with what you said i really don't want to start. If you honestly think that a LT was the difference between 10-6 and the playoffs and being 5-11 or worse and picking in the top 5 then there is no reason to even continue a discussion.

And it isn't Khalil- He is hanging out with the rest of the dead poets society.
    Attachment 469

It's Kalil.
    Signs you are wrong.
    1. You start a response "There is so much wrong with what"
    2. You have time to point out meaningless errors.

The drafting of Khalil [sic] fixed two spots on our line. It gave us a Good LT (rookie year) and an Above average LG when we had neither. Had we drafted Clairborne [sic], we would have Two corners, and either no LT or No Harrison Smith (might have gone after Mike Adams LT instead). So in closing... we made the right decision and those that wanted Clairborne still have their panties in a proverbial bunch! Spielman made the right choice. How else would you explain AD's 2000 yards? All Felton and AD? Give the line some credit.

Blog Entries
    I'll give the right side of the line more credit for Peterson than the left side. If Kahlihli made such a big difference maybe you could explain the passing game since he was clearly drafted and ranked for his pass protection and not his run blocking,which is good, but not a 10 win improvement good. Johnson was not the only option for the LG so you cannot tie that into the drafting of a LT. Hell, we had a LT that just won a SB with the team he went to and he started every playoff game and looked great. Brett F had one of the best years of his career behind an OL that didn't have the new LT so it is certainly possible Peterson could have done it without him. The highlights do not show that the blocks from the LT were the ones that gave him the big holes to run through. So yeah, you are wrong.

Now, feel free to go lay by your dish.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Aside from being a stoner, physically after seeing Winfield be a liability in the passing gams against taller WR's and in light if the fact the offenses are passing more I don't want to see us go right back to an undersized guy who can tackle but who becomes a liability in pass defense. If we wanted a CB we should have taken Claiborne last year when we had the chance an took a LT this year with one of our 1st round picks.
    I believe that Mathieu's vertical jump is higher than Winfield's. The height doesn't matter if they can jump high enough to defend a pass.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Just curious, are you saying the team could have gone out in April and found a starting caliber LT? AHAHAHA....
    Question, what is readily available now?
    Quiet simply.... you're wrong. Accept it
    I'll give the right side of the line more credit for Peterson than the left side. If Kahlihli made such a big difference maybe you could explain the passing game since he was clearly drafted and ranked for his pass protection and not his run blocking,which is good, but not a 10 win improvement good. Johnson was not the only option for the LG so you cannot tie that into the drafting of a LT. Hell, we had a LT that just won a SB with the team he went to and he started every playoff game and looked great. Brett F had one of the best years of his career behind an OL that didn't have the new LT so it is certainly possible Peterson could have done it without him. The highlights do not show that the blocks from the LT were the ones that gave him the big holes to run through. So yeah, you are wrong.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Just curious, are you saying the team could have gone out in April and found a starting caliber LT? AHAHAHA....
    Question, what is readily available now?
    Quiet simply.... you're wrong. Accept it

So you are saying there wasn't a team in the league who had a new LT last year? Not one was available in the whole wide world? That is your defense? And now you are also saying that there isn't one available in this draft either?

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

PF, what the hell you doing, ripping on the drafting of Khalil? You've worked so hard to nurture that new "Vikings Yes Man" image.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    PF, what the hell you doing, ripping on the drafting of Khalil? You've worked so hard to nurture that new "Vikings Yes Man" image.
    Oh, I am not ripping it but I disagree that there were no other options and while I may be a yes man, when the bullshit gets too deep I still have a shovel.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Can you imagine the development under Leslie Frazier? Where do I sign? Hell I'd take him in the 2nd if we had to. He's first round talent and multidimensional. He comes right in as our starting kick and punt returner. Then we can let Leslie work his magic and get him into the top 2 as soon as possible. 2 first round picks gives us the flexibility to make a move like this in the 2nd or 3rd round.
    Last edited by MulletMullitia; 04-04-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast