Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Top Vikings candidates disappear

Whatever happened to the talk about Singltary? Did he stay within his orginization? He seems like he might be ready for a HC job (has some pretty solid credentials).

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

I was happy to see Tice gone, but now as things wind down in the coach search, I may have wished we kept him. Why go get the bottom of the barrel now? I hope I am shocked and they find a great defensive minded coach.

Martz, NO. I'll even take Cottrell over him. Fassel still in the running? I hope not.

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | Team has not contacted Linehan
    Thu, 5 Jan 2006 07:00:08 -0800

The Pioneer Press reports the Minnesota Vikings have not contacted Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator Scott Linehan about their vacant head coaching position, according to Linehan. "I haven't talked to Minnesota," Linehan told Houston reporters. "Certainly, I'm fortunate to have anybody interested. I don't get into whether they're going to call or not. I'm happy to be here, to be honest with you."

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"stjmnsota" wrote:
    I was happy to see Tice gone, but now as things wind down in the coach search, I may have wished we kept him. Why go get the bottom of the barrel now? I hope I am shocked and they find a great defensive minded coach.

Martz, NO. I'll even take Cottrell over him. Fassel still in the running? I hope not.
    This was my biggest fear in getting rid of Tice...not necessarily seeing Tice go but not having any candidates out there worth taking. BLAH!

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

LOL, thread after thread after thread. Now half the site is not so sure they wanted Tice fired? Hahahahahahhaha.

New DOES NOT necessarily = Better. Too many changes and we will have Green Bay's record this year, next year.

Jim Fassel and Mike Martz are my worst nightmare. Bet its one of them.......And the other as OC.

Prophet Guest

I can't believe this, talk about a downgrade. The only HC in the league that is possibly more mentally challenged than Tice is Haslett. Please, Please stay far away from this guy.

========================================

KFFL
    Vikings | Team talks to Haslett's agent
    Thu, 5 Jan 2006 07:03:47 -0800

The Pioneer Press reports fired New Orleans Saints head coach Jim Haslett's agent Peter Schaffer has spoken with the Minnesota Vikings, but no interview has been set up. "They're going to interview some initial candidates, and they'll move forward from there," Schaffer said.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

All you Tice whinners. Ask yourself, has anyone offered Tice a head coaching job?

WWBGD

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"RK." wrote:
    All you Tice whinners. Ask yourself, has anyone offered Tice a head coaching job?
    He's holding out for the big one. :wink:

Why the "whiners" man?

I just liked the guy. I never thought he was the second coming of Lombardi. :grin:

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Tice is a solid coach.. Hope he lands a job somewhere.. Maybe even here for an assistant position..

Someone pointed out Tice has a better record within his first 3 years then Bellichick did!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    He's holding out for the big one. :wink:

Why the "whiners" man?

I just liked the guy. I never thought he was the second coming of Lombardi. :grin:
    I apologize for the "whiners" comment. ops: Its just that a lot of the posts seem to feel sorry for the guy. IMO he got a chance to be HC from Red (I like to sit on my thumb) McCombs that he would never have been given by any other team in the league. Its hard to feel sorry for that in my book.

WWBGD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234