Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Top Ten Vikings Plays of the Decade?

I was on the treadmill at the gym earlier, and Chris Berman ran down his Top Ten NFL Plays of the Decade. It got me thinking, what have been the Vikings Ten Best Plays of the Decade?

This isn't exactly a top-ten list, but a few of my most memorable moments. Some are easy to recall as they are still fresh.

Brett Favre's last second TD to Greg Lewis at the end of the San Francisco game this year.

AP's last TD run against Cleveland in the season opener.

AP's TD run against GB last year in the Metrodome.

I believe it was 2003, against Denver, long pass to Randy Moss before half-time, he's getting tackled and flips the ball over his shoulder to Moe Williams, who walks in for the score. (this one might be my favorite)

Moss's TD celebration mock mooning at Lambeau in the 2004 playoffs.

Peterson's first TD as a Viking, a long screen pass against Atlanta (60 yds?), when he bobbled the ball before securing it, then just took off.

Berrian's 99 yard TD against Chicago last year.

The opener of the 2000 season, not thinking we'd be very good, then watching Culpepper run for 3 TD's.

What do some of you feel are the best Vikings plays of the decades? There's a lot to choose from, from Peterson runs to amazing defensive plays, from Brett Favre or Dante Culpepper TD's to kickoff returns by Harvin, or punt returns by Mewelde Moore. Long FG's by Longwell, milestone moments (Carter's 1000th reception - I believe that was 2000).
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re:Top Ten Vikings Plays of the Decade?

JDogg926 wrote:
    I believe it was 2003, against Denver, long pass to Randy Moss before half-time, he's getting tackled and flips the ball over his shoulder to Moe Williams, who walks in for the score. (this one might be my favorite)
    This one is probably my favorite too.

I also love the play by Randy Moss where Culpepper throws a deep ball way back in the end-zone and Randy manages to catch it, barely getting his feet in bounds before he falls forward. It is probably the best deep ball play ever.

Adrian Peterson and Randy Moss together probably has 90% of the top 20 Vikings plays.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Great topic!

I have to agree that AD and Moss have probably 90% of the top plays, but they also tote/toted the rock quite a bit.

Paul Edingers last second 50+ yd fg a few years back to beat the cheesedicks.

Gary Andersons 50+ yd fg late in the game against the dolphins in 2004 or 2005 or so (CC's only game back against the vikes when he was on the sideline saying no way he can make it).

ADs entire game (well, really the 2nd half) in 2007 against San Diego.

AD running over Al Harris in the opener in 2008.

Moss' catch in the back of the endzone between 3 defenders against the jaguars in 04 or 05.

Antoine's sack, forced fumble, fumble recovery, td against carolina a couple years ago.

Once again, great post and topic!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Krumb is offline Pro-Bowler

Winfield picking up the blocked field goal and running it back last year ... maybe the year before.

Burleson tipping the ball to himself in the endzone is still one of the best catches i've ever seen.

Moss' first game against the Cowboys.

Jared Allen chasing the Lions QB right out of the back of the endzone , it was a backup I want to say Orlovsky but I don't know if thats right.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Krumb wrote:
    Winfield picking up the blocked field goal and running it back last year ... maybe the year before.

Burleson tipping the ball to himself in the endzone is still one of the best catches i've ever seen.

Moss' first game against the Cowboys.

Jared Allen chasing the Lions QB right out of the back of the endzone , it was a backup I want to say Orlovsky but I don't know if thats right.
    Moss's first game against the Cowboys, while an amazing memory for any Vikings fan, was in 1998, therefore doesn't fall within the decade of the 2000's. Moss sure gave us a lot of memories in his time in Minnesota. I forgot about some of Edinger's FG's, I was thinking that was Longwell.

A couple more that I've remembered.

MNF in 2000 against Tampa Bay, Culpepper running a 30+ yard TD.

Dovonte Edwards picking off Favre on a diving catch in 2006 I think, in Lambeau.

Winfield's play last year was sweet, he had a few amazing plays last year. That Jared Allen safety on Orlovsky was great too! Actually every Jared Allen game against Green Bay has produced some memorable plays from him.

Also from the 296 game, I thought Sidney Rice's TD was great, as was a sack EJ Henderson had when he basically superman dove over the San Diego line and brought Rivers down with him.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Vikesker is offline Waterboy

This one popped up in my mind first:

End of the half, vs the Broncos in 2003 (?), Culpepper to Moss for about 50 yards, Moss gets tied up by 2 or 3 Broncos defenders, and on his way to the ground he turns around and pitches to Moe Williams, who houses it.

Terrible quality video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjBxuO_vt-U

1hotchev is offline Training Camp

I'm 48, to me there haven,t been that many great plays unless they involve, peterson, moss, or a defencive stud, Allen, Winfield, ext. favre has had some plays; but you all have to admit the greatest fun in the last few years is when all day breaks through' and for a second you don't know if he will run over the top of someone, or get caught in traffic for a 18 yard gain. all day is the face of highlight plays.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Great thread idea. I don't remember many specific plays, but I'm just stunned that nobody has mentioned some of Darren Sharper's AWESOME pick-sixes for us.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VQY4kwhmtg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt6wsGZ61_M
    We're bringing purple back.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Dovonte Edwards pick of Brett Favre to the endzone!!

Randy Moss leap to Moe Williams for the touchdown

Chester Taylors 95 yard TD vs Seahawks

Adrians juke vs Kenoy Kennedy vs Detroit..

Cris Carters 1000th reception

Darren Sharper debut touchdown vs the Bucs

Many of Randy Moss freak touchdowns and one handed catches.

Edingers field goal to win over the Packers in the dome + Edingers field goal at Lambeau to win it.

Brad Johnson to Koren Robinson at leambeau in the game from just before, to set up the gamewinning field goal.

The AD touchdowns from the Chicago away game, 2 times from 60+.

Plus many more..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast