OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

Top secret "Leber Defense" to be redeployed Sunday....

Without jacking the whole article from VikingUpdate.....a couple key points from a interesting article....a little 3-4 D to keep Del happy.... ;D

Viking Update Paragraphs Removed - Mod Edit

Sorry for the VU article...thought a few pargraphs wouldn't hurt.....it basically said that if teams continue to abadon the run against us we will shift to a 3-4 defense starring Ben Leber, like we did against Arizona. Not that it helped us too much but Leber was able to get some turnovers...that is all.................remove code red chrisis averted...stand down everyon... ;D

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Top secret "Leber Defense" to be redeployed Sunday....

Nice find gda.
    I noticed we were mixing up our formations on defense a bit, although I honestly didn't notice that it was 3-4 any more than before.
    I will have to watch more closely on Sunday.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

"gdavikes84" wrote:
    Without jacking the whole article from VikingUpdate.....a couple key points from a interesting article....a little 3-4 D to keep Del happy.... ;D

Good to hear. I saw them go into 3-4 against the dolphins and it worked well. There is no reason we can't do it because we have the personel to get it done. I am not a fan of the 3-4 defense, and I say it every year there are certain situations it is good for. Well if a team is going to pass on you 50 times then 3-4 is the only option imo. Hell let them run the ball a bit and it will get them thinking they have hope lol.

Good news from the Vikings.

Everybody asks me "Ok smartguy what would you do" I respond with run the 3-4 defense. Now they are so there is an opportunity there for me to look pretty silly. Hopefully they play it hard and play it well for me lol.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

When other teams just goes away from the run.. (which the Bears wont).. Against the Cardinals we actually did play some 3-3-5 Defense.. with 3 DL's 3 LB ans 5 DB's..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Sporadic use of the Leber Package will be more effective than continual use of the Randy Ratio was.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Del" wrote:
    "gdavikes84" wrote:

Viking Update Paragraphs removed - Mod Edit
    Good to hear. I saw them go into 3-4 against the dolphins and it worked well. There is no reason we can't do it because we have the personel to get it done. I am not a fan of the 3-4 defense, and I say it every year there are certain situations it is good for. Well if a team is going to pass on you 50 times then 3-4 is the only option imo. Hell let them run the ball a bit and it will get them thinking they have hope lol.

Good news from the Vikings.

Everybody asks me "Ok smartguy what would you do" I respond with run the 3-4 defense. Now they are so there is an opportunity there for me to look pretty silly. Hopefully they play it hard and play it well for me lol.
    Yea I thought you would get a kick out of that....sounds like snow and cold is predicted for Chicago so this may help us out also....if our D can't force em to run...maybe the weather can.

"Acumen" wrote:
    Sporadic use of the Leber Package will be more effective than continual use of the Randy Ratio was.

Ohhh ouch you said the R word...."please try not to avoid word censor..."

"gdavikes84" wrote:

Sorry for the VU article...thought a few pargraphs wouldn't hurt.....it basically said that if teams continue to abadon the run against us we will shift to a 3-4 defense starring Ben Leber, like we did against Arizona. Not that it helped us too much but Leber was able to get some turnovers...that is all.................remove code red chrisis averted...stand down everyone... ;D
    My bad.....